The BBC Values:
TRUST is the foundation of the BBC; we are independent, impartial and honest.
AUDIENCES are at the heart of everything we do.
We take pride in delivering QUALITY and value for money.
CREATIVITY is the lifeblood of our organisation.
We RESPECT each other and celebrate our diversity so that everyone can give their best.
We are one BBC; great things happen when we WORK TOGETHER.
We expect our journalists to:
- Recognise that the BBC Values underpin all our journalism – and understand why.
- Tell stories fairly, accurately, simply and engagingly in a way that is accessible to a wide variety of audiences across a range of platforms.
- Be well informed about current events and able to research topics quickly and effectively.
- Develop and nurture a diverse range of contacts and be keen to produce original journalism, driven by a strong sense of curiosity.
- Stay calm while working under pressure and be resilient, flexible and adaptable in the face of rapidly changing circumstances, long shifts and setbacks.
- Have sound editorial judgement and legal awareness.
- Be co-operative and inclusive in dealings with colleagues.
- Have a good broadcasting voice (essential for some jobs; highly desirable for others).