BBC Cyber Security Schemes
The Information Security Apprenticeship Scheme opens for applications 1st March 2018.
What: BBC Information Security Trainee Schemes
Where: Salford Quays (MediaCityUK)
When: September 2018
Who: Someone keen to learn about information security in a varied and fast paced environment
What we’re offering
BBC Information Security is offering two trainee schemes starting in September 2018. These are fantastic opportunities to work in one of the most interesting, demanding and creative industries in the world alongside our team of information security professionals. You’ll be able to develop your own skills and abilities in an organisation that’s diverse, challenging and always rewarding.
The Information Security level 4 apprenticeship scheme is offered in partnership with a leading training provider. During the 18 month apprenticeship, you could be working within our Governance team or within our Security Operations Centre. Take your first steps in Information Security by working in one of the most interesting and diverse environments, whilst also receiving high class industry recognised training.
Our BBC Information Security one year industrial placement scheme is designed for current undergraduate university students to experience cyber security hands on. It will give you the chance to develop your information security skills working for the world’s leading public service broadcaster.
Who we are
The BBC, like other organisations around the world, is targeted by cyber-attacks. Hackers are very attracted to our digital doorstep and they’re trying to break in; we need to ensure that the BBC is a digitally secure place and our content is protected from compromise.
The BBC Information Security team works to maintain and promote all aspects of information security across the organisation; we aim to meet the BBC’s needs whilst adhering to the information security principles of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
Our main responsibilities include:
- keeping information and systems secure
- writing and ensuring compliance with information security related policies
- liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- conducting compliance reviews
- managing information security related risks
- providing advice, guidance, training, and awareness activities
Where would you fit?
The BBC Information Security team is broken down into 4 departments; Governance, Security Operations Center, Delivery and Development. All our schemes are based within the Governance team and the Security Operations Center.
Governance is comprised of 5 smaller teams; Awareness & Education, Business Engagement, Compliance, Policy and Risk Management. Collectively they are responsible for the business facing side of Information Security.
Our 24/7 Security Operations Centre (SOC) monitors the external web as well as BBC networks and systems for suspicious activity.
During the schemes, you will have the chance to move around the team and find your niche within Information Security.
How applications work
- Applications for the placement scheme are open, and will remain open for the next couple of months.
- Applications for the apprenticeship scheme will open in March and will be open for a few months.
- Assessment days will be held for both schemes and will contain an interview.
- For placement applicants: Assessment days will be held in Salford (MediaCityUK) in Feb/March 2018
- For apprenticeship applicants: Assessment days will be held in Salford (MediaCityUK) in May/June 2018
- Assessment day dates will be confirmed after applications close.
- We’re looking for candidates to start in September 2018