Business Management Higher Apprenticeship
We are looking for people who are passionate about kick starting their career in one of the most interesting, demanding and creative industries out there. We are not focused on your qualifications – we are looking for drive, creativity and commitment to helping the BBC achieve our core mission to inform, educate, and entertain.
• Do you often find yourself stepping up and taking the lead?
• Do you want to keep on learning through higher study, but also want practical experience?
• Can you listen, adapt and learn?
• Do you want to be a future leader?
This is an exciting opportunity to get into the world of business, earn while you learn on the job, gain a business management degree and have the option to be assessed for Chartered Manager status.
What we’re offering:
- A BA Honours degree in Business Management
- A CV full of amazing experience through working in one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations
Successful apprentices will have the option to apply for professional recognition as Chartered Managers and Members of the Chartered Management Institute (CMgr MCMI) and/or as a member of the Institute for Leadership & Management or other relevant professional body.
As part of the two year programme you will complete a variety of work placements with the BBC, while studying towards the degree.
You will need to be able to balance your time around working, attending college one day a week, and you will also be expected to study at home.
Over the two years you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas of the BBC. You will learn about marketing, audiences, technology, project management, negotiation, legal and business affairs, planning and strategy, budgeting, relationships management, building partnerships and information management.
You will gain experience and insight into a range of business skills such as:
- Preparation, drafting and issuing of programme and talent contracts
- Budget preparation and management
- Analysis of the television market and distribution partners to assist in maximising commercial exploitation.
- Analysis of and engagement with the Independent television production sector to support the BBC's supply strategy
- Preparation of data, analysis and provision of management information
- Preparing reports and presenting information
- Assessing and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Meetings and workshop management
- Brokering partnerships and liaising with stakeholders both within and external to the organisation
- Knowledge of the business environment, including systems, processes, pressures and complexities
- Personal effectiveness and organisational skills
If you want to join us in September 2018 as a business apprentice you will need to demonstrate to us that you have:
- A genuine interest in Business and a passion to develop a career in Business Management within the creative industry.
- A passion and enthusiasm for working at the BBC.
- A proven ability to work on own initiative and offer ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work in a team.
- Effective organisation and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent numeracy skills and an ability to work with spreadsheets and databases.
- A track record in taking initiative.
- A proactive problem solver.
How to apply
You will fill in a short application form so that we can understand your motivations and abilities. Every application is read by a BBC team member after applications close on 7th January. If we like what we see we will contact you to go through to the next stage which includes online assessments, part of which is a video pitch. The final stage is an assessment day including an interview with a BBC panel.