Trafford Park - from the world’s first industrial park to one of the world’s largest shopping centres. Aerial investigator Stewart Ainsworth explains how the Trafford Centre epitomises the swing in British Industry from heavy manufacturing to distribution, leisure, and football.
Story: Factories to Football
Trafford Park - from the world's first industrial park to one of the world's largest shopping centres.
View stories in area
See more stories like this
- Birth of the New TownDuration: 3:48 Industrial TargetsDuration: 2:16 Last Colliery StandingDuration: 3:19
- London in the FutureDuration: 3:56 An Oxford StoryDuration: 4:45 Farming the Food ShortageDuration: 1:54
- London TransformedDuration: 1:51 Abercrombie's VisionDuration: 2:05 Past and Present LondonDuration: 4:52
- This Modern LifeDuration: 2:54 The End of an EraDuration: 4:24 Birth of SwindonDuration: 5:01
- The London DocklandsDuration: 5:32 The Dudley Stamp MapsDuration: 4:55 The Agricultural RevolutionDuration: 4:37
- Urban SprawlDuration: 1:35 Churchill GardensDuration: 2:35 Old and New City of LondonDuration: 2:04
- Northern GiantDuration: 2:47 New ManchesterDuration: 3:27