Your observations can help wildlife
Taking part in a wildlife survey is a great way to engage with nature near you and also supports professional conservationists.
Get to know the wildlife in your own patch by getting outside - or observing and recording it from the comfort of home.
- Surveys are essential for assessing the status and needs of wildlife. Taking part lets you make a real difference.
- No matter your passion - from amphibians, reptiles and marine life to birds, insects and trees - there's a survey to suit you.
- Take part wherever you live - it's important to monitor wildlife across the UK, in urban and rural areas.
- Surveys run at different times of year. Get involved whenever you have free time.
- Take part as an individual or as part of a group.
- Many of the organisations that run surveys are charities and rely on volunteers to gather information.
Surveys to try
Here are a few UK wildlife surveys that the public are invited to join. Remember not everything lives throughout Britain and Ireland.
Bats: Big Bat Map
Reptiles: Add an Adder
Browse all the Breathing Places Partners to find other organisations that welcome volunteer help.