Use of BBC assets
I work for a charity and wish to use a BBC logo or other material in a fundraising campaign
- The BBC Charter states that the BBC cannot support or endorse individual charities other than a small number of its own charities and those that it partners with. For further details of the BBC's charity appeals and the selection process, please go to BBC Charity Appeals.
- Outside of those permitted arrangements, the BBC does not allow any charities to use BBC assets to promote their charitable activity or fundraising.
- The BBC also often receives requests from charities to use BBC News footage for campaigning or fundraising purposes. The use of news footage is often politically sensitive and the BBC considers that its use by charities in this way may put the BBC's impartiality at risk. As such the BBC is usually unable to agree to these requests.
- If you have been selected for a broadcast charity appeal and wish to use a BBC logo to refer to the appeal on your website or mail-out, please fill in the online request form including as much detail as possible about what you need.
- When you fill in the form, you must also upload a copy of the text or a visual of your design concept, if relevant, so that we can understand the context in which you are proposing to use our assets.