For 2014 we are accepting scripts by genre and for the next Script Room (Script Room 7) we will be accepting the following:
CBBC - Children’s drama, comedy or animation scripts for TV. These must be suitable for the 6 to 12 age group.
Script Room 7 will open for e-submissions from midday on Monday 23rd June until midnight on Monday 7th July inclusive.
In the meantime we have put together a selection of help, tips and other resources from the BBC Writersroom. This includes interviews with successful writers and producers for Children alongside blogs and scripts from recent Children's productions
Charlie and Lola (Image credit: BBC/Tiger Aspect)
We also asked award-winning writer and producer, Dave Ingham (Charlie and Lola, Baby Jake, Shaun the Sheep, Timmy Time, Tracey Beaker Returns, Topsy and Tim, The Octonauts etc) to share his top tips
1. No-one should know your characters better than you… So know your characters!
2. Never submit an idea or script you aren't 100% happy with.
3. Never give alternative scenarios for an idea - Be definite.
4. Distill your story/series idea down to it's basic components. Is it speaking to a pre-school audience?
5. Have a 10 minute power-nap at about 3.30pm. You'll be amazed.
6. You will get frustrated as this is a collaborative process… So never email angry!