What is World Have Your Say?
The "Global Conversation" is a difficult concept to explain. World Have Your Say will aim to bring it a step closer on the radio between 1800-1900 GMT Monday to Friday and 24 hours a day via this blog.
World Have Your Say is a news programme first and foremost but it's the listeners who dictate the agenda.
Our aim - and we know we won't always get this right - is to tap into what people are talking about and find out what's really making YOUR news, not just ours.
- We'll bring people together from all walks of life - and from all over the world - to hear their views.
- We'll make the "newsgathering" process as open as possible, by letting the audience see our running orders, and influence them.
- We'll invite access through every way we can imagine from VoIP to text to phonecalls to e-mail.
- We'll bring you stories you won't hear elsewhere.
- We'll bring you people who'll challenge your opinions or maybe even give you an opinion.
We have a vibrant and dynamic team of journalists from different backgrounds (and different parts of the world) and presenters who have brilliant qualities; one of which is knowing when to shut up.
You will shape the programme by telling us what works and what doesn't and what you'd like to hear more or less of, but the most important thing is that you WILL tell us!
Mark Sandell, Editor, World Have Your Say