House rules on the air
If you take part in any WHYS broadcast there are a few things that you can expect from us, and a few things that we ask of you in return. Here's how it works.
BEFORE YOU GO ON AIR
- We'll have at least one and sometimes more conversations with you before going on air. This gives us a chance to find out more about your opinions and experiences, and it also gives you a chance to ask any questions that you may have ahead of taking part.
WHEN YOU'RE ON AIR
- We'll make sure you are given a proper opportunity to express yourself. You can expect to be spoken to courteously and respectfully by the presenter and the other guests.
- We want the show to be a conversation, so please no speeches. Rather make one point, or share one experience and let the others taking part respond to what you have to say. You may well get further opportunities to add to what you've said later in the show.
- Feel free to speak to each other directly. You don't need to wait for the presenter to ask you into the conversation.
- By all means challenge and respond to what others say, but please be respectful of other's opinions and their right to express them.
- Be yourself! WHYS exists to hear from people all over the world just as you are. Don't do anything differently because you're on the BBC.
...if you have any questions or issues that you want to raise with us about your experience on the air, you're welcome to contact us.