What is a Blog and how does it work?
Welcome to Ryan's Blog.
What is a Blog?
The reason for all the fuss about blogs is that they let you write your thoughts and share them with the rest of the world.
How the Blog Works
When you come to the blog’s front page you will see all the latest entries with the most recent at the top of the page. Scroll down the page for previous entries.
On the right hand side of the page, you'll see a calendar. When any date on that calendar is blue, that means there was one or more entry published on that day. Click on the date and the page will display that day's items.
If you want to leave a comment on any of Maria's Blog entries there are a few things you need to consider.
The following types of comment will not be published.
• Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
• Advertise products or services for profit
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (referred to as 'spam')
• Are unrelated to the topic
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Are written in anything other than English - Welsh and Gaelic may be used where marked
• Contain links to other websites which break our Editorial Guidelines
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
We may also occasionally close comments on a post if we think the discussion has become irrelevant.
The BBC welcomes feedback, both positive and negative, about our programmes and services but please make sure your comments are in line with the above rules.