Have you seen this feature on blogs and Facebook, where everyone's trying to pick a song every day under the following categories? Day one, for me, my all-time favourite song: argh, I'm already stuck. It might be Joni Mitchell All I Want, or Johnny Cash's version of Hurt, or Super Furry Animals' Ohio Heat. Too many to choose from!
From May, I have a new longer show on BBC Radio Wales, and I'd like to play some absolutely corking songs within the walls of the show. I'm looking for classics! So I thought I'd pick your brains, ladies and gentlemen.
For the longer show I'd like as much input from you lot as possible. Fancy sending me an email with three of your favourite songs, based on any of the 30 song a day challenge songs. Anything from this list - email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day 01 - Your favourite song
- Day 02 - Your least favourite song
- Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
- Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
- Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
- Day 06 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere
- Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
- Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
- Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
- Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
- Day 11 - A song from your favourite band
- Day 12 - A song from a band you hate
- Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
- Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
- Day 15 - A song that describes you
- Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate
- Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio
- Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
- Day 19 - A song from your favourite album
- Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry
- Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy
- Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad
- Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
- Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
- Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh
- Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument
- Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
- Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
- Day 29 - A song from your childhood
- Day 30 - Your favourite song at this time last year
And I'll let you know when we play them. It's a big list, but just choose three, and email me (please leave your details on the email too - so we can contact you).
I'd really like to have your input, so please take five mins to do this.