Please leave your comment ...
after the blog entry.
Betsan's Blog - and my colleague David Cornock's blog - have both been closed to comment for some time.
Because some of the comments didn't really add much to a mature public debate.
What have we done about it?
We've looked again at the way comments are moderated and now, we've reopened both blogs to comment.
Comment in your droves; comment from any and every side of any and every political divide. Tell it as it is but as you do it, stick to the House Rules.
Here they are:
We reserve the right to fail messages which:
• Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
• Advertise products or services for profit
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Repeatedly post the same or similar messages ('spam')
• Are unrelated to the topic
• Include contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses
• Are written in anything other than English - Welsh and Gaelic may be used where marked.
• Contain links to other websites which break our Editorial Guidelines
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
We may also close comments on a post if we think the discussion has become irrelevant or out of date.
We want to keep our blog as focused as possible. For this reason, messages not relevant to the post may be rejected.
Repeatedly posting personal or offensive comments about individual members of the public or people who work for the BBC may be considered harassment. We reserve the right to remove such messages and take action against those responsible.