IA visitor to the Assembly yesterday spotted a small boy, about 10, carrying a balloon. A security guard went up to him. "No balloons allowed" he said.
The guard took the balloon from the boy and chewed a hole in its neck - letting the air out. The boy was rather surprised.
He asked the guard why he'd done it was was told the Senedd had banned balloons. Why? Latex allergies. "If people with a latex allergy pick up the balloon there could be trouble." But of course.
Just thought you'd wonder, just like the visitor to the Senedd, whether there wasn't a better way of getting rid of hot air around here.