I'm the BBC's media correspondent and this is my brief selection of what's going on.
The BBC Trust chairman, Sir Michael Lyons, has decided against seeking a second term and is to step down in May next year as reported by the Guardian.
The search for a successor will be conducted under Nolan rules for public appointments. The Guardian lists possible names in the frame as Dame Patricia Hodgson, who's already a trustee, and Roger Parry, chairman of YouGov.
BBC One controller Jay Hunt has also announced her departure - to become chief creative officer at Channel Four, the BBC reports.
The BBC reports Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt has asked the BBC and its staff to consider licence fee payers ahead of possible strike action over pensions, which could coincide with the Conservative Party conference and the Spending Review announcement. The Conservative Party chair Baroness Warsi has written to the BBC's director general, Mark Thompson, to ask about arrangements for BBC coverage of the conference if the strike goes ahead.
Has the BBC unions actually called a strike? Not according to their statement as I explain on my blog on the BBC College of Journalism site.
The Daily Mirror says the new ITV breakfast show Daybreak has lost a fifth of its audience in a week.
The Financial Times reports [registration required] that a government advisory body has warned that the proposed 2015 date for the digital radio switchover is "far too early", and said a rushed implementation of the scheme could exclude large swathes of listeners.
Pope Benedict XVI has not arrived yet, but his UK visit is already stirring up strong feelings. More than 50 public figures have signed a letter to the Guardian saying the Pope should not be given a state visit because of the Vatican's record on birth control, gay rights and abortion, as highlighted in the BBC newspapers review.
Links in full
• Guardian | Sir Michael Lyons to step down as BBC Trust chairman next year
• Guardian | Search on for new BBC Trust chairman
• BBC | Jay Hunt leaves BBC for Channel 4
• Tara Conlan | Daily Mail | Turmoil at BBC as chairman and controller quit amid Tory plan for blitz on corporation's leadership
• Patrick Foster | Times | Turmoil at BBC as chairman and channel chief quit
• BBC | Culture minister Jeremy Hunt makes BBC strike plea
• Torin Douglas | BBC | Journalism blog Devil and Detail 2
• Kate McMahon | Mirror | ITV's Daybreak loses 20% of viewers in one week
• Financial Times | Digital Radio Switchover
• BBC | Newspaper review
• Read my updates on Twitter
• Read Tuesday's Media Brief