As a follow up to my previous posting "Windows Media - Listen Again - Update" I would like to give you a quick status report on our fixes, and some good news.
We have fixed/addressed:
- FIXED: ASX files now contain the correct protocol moniker - 'mms://...'
- FIXED: ASX files now don't contain any spurious metadata, though they don't currently contain any useful metadata about the programmes themselves. This metadata is embedded in the ASF/WMA itself.
- FIXED: ASX files are served using the correct mime-type
- IGNORED: We have not addressed the issue about having a file extension of '.asx' on the end of our Mediaselector generated URLs as we decided, through testing on a number of players, that this made no difference.
Any fixes listed above have been deployed into our live service - so you should now see these changes.
The only outstanding issue from my previous posting is about getting stream URLs for the other geographic footprint than the one your client is in. (If that doesn't immediately make sense - check the previous posting, "Getting UK and International stream details"). The 'work around' suggested remains in place until we can address some fundamental logic within the system that produces this information - perhaps in the region of several months (I'll update the minute I know a more accurate date for this).
To this end, I am happy to say that we now accept that Windows Media Listen Again is available for developers, manufacturers and aggregators to be exposed in their respective services and devices.