Editor's note: in the video, Mr Mark Thomas explains why you might want to download a new Radio 4 comedy podcast - SB.
A new (free) Radio 4 comedy podcast is here to start your week with a laugh. So download it for free and it's yours to keep and listen to on the move.
So why have we done it this way? Our existing Friday Night Comedy podcast (featuring The News Quiz or The Now Show each week) is downloaded over a million times every month and consistently occupies one of the top slots in the iTunes podcast chart. Audience feedback has told us that you'd like more comedy to download.
For rights reasons, we're not able to offer all of our comedy for download. But we've reached an agreement to offer single episodes from a number of Radio 4 comedies. We trialled this service over the summer on the Friday Night podcast feed (while The Now Show and News Quiz were on their summer break) and it was well received. So here's your chance to download a wider selection of Radio 4's comedy and listen at your leisure.
Here's the schedule for the next few months:
- 10 Jan: Mark Thomas: The Manifesto
- 17 Jan: Ed Reardon's Week
- 24 Jan: Rudy's Rare Records
- 31 Jan: Showstoppers
- 7 Feb: Tom Wrigglesworth's Open Letters
- 14 Feb: Bleak Expectations
- 21 Feb: It's Your Round
- 28 Feb: Brian Gulliver's Travels
- 7 Mar: I've Never Seen Star Wars
- 14 Mar: It is Rocket Science
- 21 Mar: Just A Minute
- 28 Mar: The Simon Day Show
Leigh Aspin is Interactive Editor at BBC Radio 4
- The first programme in the new podcast is this week's Mark Thomas Manifesto. Sign up for the podcast here. You'll receive the first programme automatically on Monday.
- There are over sixty Radio 4 podcasts - programmes you can download to play on your computer or MP3 player and keep forever. Many of them are among the most popular downloads in Britain.
- Click for help with podcasting.