Is that Kraftwerk in the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern? No, it's World Radio Day
Wednesday 13 February 2013, 16:08
The control room BBC Daventry Empire Short Wave Station, 1938.
"13 February is World Radio Day — a day to celebrate radio as a medium; to improve international cooperation between broadcasters; and to encourage major networks and community radio alike to promote access to information and freedom of expression over the airwaves." from The UNESCO website
- You can find out more about the second World Radio Day on the UNESCO website.
- The picture is from the BBC archive and the original caption reads: "BBC Daventry Empire Short Wave Station: 1938. Picture shows - High power transmitter. The control room showing three of the six programme-control positions and telephone switchboard. Left, controlling the volume of the programme; right, checking the anode current of his amplifier."
- BBCeng.info: Recollections of BBC engineering from 1922 to 1997
- Journalism.co.uk: How to set up an online radio station
Share this page
- Radio 1's Live Lounge website and the Semantic Web
Tuesday 12 February 2013, 14:53
- BBC iPlayer Radio app now links through to Radioplayer
Thursday 14 February 2013, 16:41