A news story that reminded me of this episode of One Foot In The Grave
FROM COLIN BLANE, GLASGOW NEWSROOM
Vets in Stirling have found a mobile phone in a puppy's stomach. The six-month-old golden retriever had to have emergency surgery. The dog managed to eat the phone without its owner realising. Paula Connelly from Stirling knew her puppy Sam was out of sorts but couldn't work out why. She wondered if the dog might have swallowed a small doll but an X-ray didn't show anything. It was only during an exploratory operation that the vet thought she could feel a mobile phone. The toy doll was removed at the same time.
Mrs Connelly said she knew her mobile was missing but she never thought the puppy might have eaten it. She says the phone company couldn't believe it when she told them her dog had eaten her mobile.