Talk Show 83: Revving up with Lewis Hamilton's disabled brother
• Neither Rob nor Liz can drive a car because of their disabilities but trade stories about having tried it.
• Nic Hamilton pops in to talk about his new BBC One documentary, Racing with the Hamiltons: Nic in the Driving Seat. He describes learning the basics of motor racing through playing computer games with his brother Lewis, shares experiences of growing up with cerebral palsy and remembers the ups and downs of his first season as a racing driver last year.
• Tony Garrett updates us on happenings in the disability sports world and joins a lively interview with Lee Pearson, nine times Paralympic dressage gold medallist. He joins the show from BBC studios in stoke to chew the fat on his preparations for London 2012, the timing of the games and whether Paralimpic athletes can ever make a living from their sport. And then there's that chicken incident.
• Lee sticks around to play the Vegetable Vegetable or Vegetable quiz, where we guess the disability of the person on the line. Will they guess what's up with our caller before the buzzer goes off?
• Comedian Laurence Clark and his wife Adele chat about life as disabled parents to Tom, 7 and Jamie, six months. Adele remembers reactions from the public and medical professionals while expecting Tom and says she sometimes does things a bit differently when caring for the boys. Laurence expresses his hope that their BBC documentary, we won't drop the baby, will change how disabled parents are portrayed on TV.
• Blind musician Kevin Reeves of rock band Crater Maker, introduces their track, No Holds Barred.
All the guests were up for a good long chat this month, so we have a shed load of extra material to share. Look out for extended interviews with Nic Hamilton and Lee Pearson, appearing as podcast extras later this month.
But for now, grab a cuppa and turn your sound up for Ouch! Talk Show 83.