New students wanted by BBC Ouch!
WANTED: DISABLED STUDENT DIARISTS FOR BBC WEBSITE
Are you disabled? About to start university for the first time? if so, we want to hear from you.
The BBC's disability website 'Ouch!' is planning a feature called Disabled Student Diaries. We want to follow 3 disabled students in their first few weeks at university, focusing on everything from access to lectures and campus, through to how you're getting on living independently away from home and your new social life.
We will expect our chosen students to write a diary for us for the first 4 weeks at uni plus some other 'stuff' including a little filming before you go to uni and a lovely care package the contents of which are secret - sssh.
We're keen to work with you so we don't disrupt your life too much at this crucial time. We will be offering some payment as well as other potentially interesting opportunities.
How do I get involved?
Email us now: email@example.com ... and tell us a bit about you.
When mailing us, give answers to as many of the following questions as possible, to help us get to know you:
* Where do you live:
* Your mobile phone number?
(or details of the best way to contact you if you don't' do phones)
* What university are you attending:
* What course?
* Details about your disability and access requirements at university:
* What are you most looking forward to from your university experience?
* Your interests and anything you think we'd like to know:
* What would your friends say about you if we asked them?
* What job do you hope to get after uni?
And if you have a social networking page or website, give us the address.
If you have any queries about our project, we're quite friendly so just drop us a mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 8752 4427