#Suede6Music - Help Pick the Ultimate Suede Playlist
Next week 6 Music decamp once again to Maida Vale where Suede will launch Lauren Laverne's week of live sessions. To celebrate we thought why not get the party started early with a two-hour special where you pick The Ultimate Suede Playlist?
Suede were one of the most important bands of the 1990s and their musical resonance can still be felt to this day. Their eponymous debut album was a game-changer - picking up the second Mercury Music Prize whilst their third album Coming Up sent them into the upper echelons of the pop charts.
They've survived line-up changes, life threatening illnesses and substance abuse, whilst still managing to create some of the most anthemic tunes of the past two decades. After a seven year hiatus the band regrouped for live shows in 2010 and at the start last month announced a brand new album, Bloodsports - a taster of which It Starts and Ends With You leaked online last week.
There's so much stuff you can choose from - including their diversions into synths on Head Music - which all points towards a rather fabulous playlist which Tom will play out this Sunday (Feb 10th) between 6-8pm.
What do you want to hear? It could be
* Your favourite Suede track - hits, b-sides, live versions of rarities
* Their influences, Bowie, Bolan and The Smiths just to name but three
* Some of the other projects and artists Suede members past and present have worked on - from The Tears to The Libertines and David McAlmont, via Futon, Artmagic (Richard's side project) and Brett's solo work
* Music from other Mercury award winners or their 90s contemporaries - Pulp, Blur or Mansun
* How about some bands which are emerging now which owe a debt of gratitude to Suede?
It's up you to shape the playlist. Tweet your suggestions using #Suede6Music, leave your suggestions on our Facebook page, e-mail us your Suede stories or add tracks to our collaborative Spotify Playlist. And if you're a Suede fan be sure to tune in to BBC Radio 6 Music this Sunday from 6pm.