#KateBush6Music - what must be in the Ultimate Kate Bush Playlist?
A statement on Kate Bush’s website has confirmed she will perform for the first time in 35 years – so it’s only right to dedicate Now Playing this Sunday (March 23) to one of the most iconic female singers in British music history.
Her first and last tour took place in 1979 over six weeks and culminated with a show at Hammersmith Odeon – supported by our very own Tom Robinson. This time round she’s confirmed 15 dates at the same venue – now the Hammersmith Apollo – although the other acts on the bill are still to be confirmed.
With the inevitable scramble to get tickets next week, and the explosion of excitement since the news broke we want you to tell us what you think must be included in the Ultimate Kate Bush Playlist.
You could go for:
- Your favourite Kate Bush hit, album track or rarity
- Acts who’ve been inspired by her such as Adele, Florence + the Machine or Jessie Ware
- Contemporaries such as Peter Gabriel, The Who, Led Zeppelin or even TRB
- How about elusive live acts along the lines of Daft Punk, David Bowie, Boards of Canada or Radiohead
- Those who have covered or remixed her tracks – Futureheads, Groove Armada or even Alan Partridge(?!)
Or any other link you can think of.
Let us know what you want to hear by Tweeting us using #KateBush6Music, leave a comment on our Facebook page or hear on the blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or add a track to these collaborative Spotify and Rdio playlists.
And remember to tune into Now Playing on Sunday from 6pm to listen and contribute to the Ultimate Kate Bush Playlist.