#Ireland6Music - help create an Ireland inspired playlist
As 6 Music is celebrating Ireland this month, Team Now Playing thought it only fitting to, yes, you've guessed it, to create an Irish music inspired playlist with YOUR help.
But what kind of tracks can you suggest for Sunday’s show (13 April, 6-8pm)? Both Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland have given us so many distinct and varied artists and bands. So there’s many homegrown musicians you could go for, as well as artists and songs influenced by Irish music, culture and politics.
- The 60s - Van Morrison and Rory Gallagher
- The 70/80s - Thin Lizzy, Stiff Little Fingers, The Undertones and The Boomtown Rats
- 90s/00s - My Bloody Valentine, Ash, Moloko, The Thrills, The Cranberries, Snow Patrol and Sinead O'Connor
- Folk-inspired artists - such as The Pogues and folk rockers Damien Rice and Damien Dempsey.
- Current acts - like Duke Special, Simple Kid, Maverick Sabre and Sh*t Robot.
- What about more traditional folk music?
Or anything else that springs to mind when you think of the music of Ireland…like some band called U2. They’ve had a few hits, right?
Get your song suggestions to us using the #Ireland6Music on Twitter, post on the Now Playing Facebook page, email firstname.lastname@example.org, drag tracks onto our Spotify and Rdio playlists, and, of course, you can comment under this blog.