#LedZep6Music - what must make our Led Zeppelin playlist?
Following the quite frankly amazing news this week of Led Zeppelin unveiling previously unheard tracks online, Sunday’s Now Playing (April 30) needs your help compile an unmissable playlist saluting these ultimate rock icons.
The two unheard songs - blues classic ‘Keys to the Highway’, recorded in 1970, and an early version of their classic ‘Whole Lotta Love’ - are among dozens of tracks which the band will officially release alongside reissues of their first three albums in June.
Guitarist Jimmy Page spent two-and-a-half years combing through the vaults, listening to hundreds of quarter-inch tapes before choosing the best material.
So in honour, we’re handing the show over you to create a Led Zep inspired playlist.
You could pick:
- Their material - classics and rarities
- Solo work, collaborations, other projects – like The Yardbids, The Honeydrippers, or Plant's work with Alison Krauss
- Those they’ve Influenced – Rage Against The Machine, Jeff Buckely, Nirvana
- Their influences – Blues artists such as Muddy Waters & Howlin’ Wolf
- And any other weird and wonderful links you can make to the band?
Send your song suggestions plus your all-important reasons behind your choice to us via the hashtag #LedZep6Music on Twitter, post here on the blog or on the Now Playing Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org or drag tracks onto our collaborative playlists on Spotify and Rdio.