Tuesday 25 September 2012, 17:50
Teignmouth in Devon is not the most rock and roll town in Britain but 18 years ago that is where Matt, Chris and Dominic formed a band which went onto become one of the most influential and celebrated bands in British music - Muse.
With their sixth album The 2nd Law out on Monday (October 1) what better excuse is there to celebrate one of the UKs ultimate stadium performers than by asking you to up us pick two hours of music which reflects the breadth and significance of the band.
From the days they were known as Gothic Plague then Fixed Penalty followed by Rocket Baby Dolls to penning tracks for the Olympics there's so much material to pick from as well as influences of the band, people they've inspired the show could be much longer than two hours - so we need your suggestions to be good ones.
* From Uno to Madness there's a ridiculous amount of Muse singles, as well as B-sides, album tracks and rarities you could pick
* How about some of the band's influences? Nirvana, U2, Jeff Buckley, Queen etc etc
* And what about Radiohead. Bellamy has gone on record saying "they don't do much for him" but can you hear a bit of the Oxford band in their material?
* People Muse have sampled in their tracks such as Air, Billy Idol and Rage Against the Machine
* Or do you fancy one of the Vitamin String Quartet covers of Muse?
These are just some ideas - the power is actually in your hands so we want your suggestions with your reasons ahead of Sunday's show which you can send us by leaving a comment on this blog, commenting on our Facebook page, Tweeting us using #Muse6Music, sending us an e-mail or adding a track to our collaborative Spotify playlist.
Join the discussion...
Thursday 20 September 2012, 12:11
Thursday 4 October 2012, 13:36