#Maximo6Music - build the show with Paul Smith from Maximo Park
This Sunday from 6pm on Now Playing we’re inviting you to pick the music through the filter of Paul Smith (@PaulSmithMusic) from Maximo Park.
Paul will be on his Twitter account for the duration of the show taking on board your suggestions for tracks and picking his favourite which we’ll play on the show.
He said: "I love sharing and enthusing about music with people and Twitter is now one of my main outlets for telling the world what I'm enjoying right there and then.
“I'm thankful to Tom Robinson and 6Music for allowing me to inflict some choices onto their loyal listenership, and to allow Maximo Park's audience to suggest some of their own favourites."
He’s already chosen a couple of his favourites to kick start the show – we won’t tell you what they are just yet but they include a Motown legend, a English art rock band from the 1970s and 80s and a track which begins with 16 seconds of silence.
But there’s plenty of opportunity for you to influence the show, by suggesting:
* Your favourite tracks by Maximo Park be it singles, B-sides or rarieties
* Work from producers who have worked with them like Gil Norton and Paul Epworth
* Acts you think inspired Maximo Park – perhaps The Jam, XTC or Wire
* Some of their contemporaries from the North East like The Futureheads and Field Music
* Or those newer kids on the block who you think probably listened to Maximo Park CDs as teenagers
As always it’s up to you (well and Paul this week) so let us and him know what you think by Tweeting #Maximo6Music, leave a message on this blog or our Facebook page, drag a track onto our Spotify playlist or send us an e-mail.
And remember to tune in on Sunday with Paul Smith and Tom Robinson.