Signs that it may soon all be over
• A senior Lib Dem who's sympathetic to Labour who just told me the deal couldn't be done.
• News that, at last night's Liberal Democrat parliamentary meeting, not one but all four party negotiators reported back their fear that Labour was not serious about negotiations and was, instead, turning its minds to the forthcoming leadership contest.
• The fact that Vince Cable, who's so far kept his counsel, told the same meeting that though he had roots in the Labour Party he too feared that there might be only one serious offer.
• Andy Burnham apparently joining David Blunkett, John Reid, Tom Harris et al in telling his party that they should accept they have lost.
• The resumption of talks between the Tories and the Lib Dems.
• The sight of Gordon Brown's allies heading to Downing Street perhaps for one last farewell.
• The clincher for many, though, will be the sight of John Prescott calling for something he spent years fighting against - an alliance with the Liberals.