Five of my greatest Grands Prix
Selecting my top five greatest Grand Prix was impossible! I thought of more than twenty I'd like to feature as soon as I put my mind to it and narrowing them down to five has been a real trial. Here are five I chose - but if I had to choose my all-time top five I would need several weeks to work out what they were!
- 1981 Spanish GP: Gilles Villeneuve wins race with 1.2s covering first five to finish!
- 1984 Portuguese GP: Lauda wins World Championship from team-mate Alain Prost by half a point
- 1987 British GP: Nigel Mansell sensationally beats team-mate Nelson Piquet despite unscheduled pit stop
- 1992 Monaco GP: End-of-race battle between Mansell and Senna after unscheduled Mansell pit stop
- 1994 Japanese GP: Damon Hill beats Schumacher by 3.2 seconds in exciting two-part race