Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. Mankinis are banned in Newquay, Cornwall.
2. Korean eunuchs live 19 years longer than uncastrated men from the same social class.
3. One in every 10 people uses the same Pin number - 1234.
More details (The Guardian)
4. An open window on a plane would not suck everything out as you see in movies - mostly passengers inside would feel short of breath and start to pass out.
More details (LA Times)
5. The only fully trained and certified member of the Police Department in the US town of Vaughn, New Mexico, is a dog called Nikka.
More details (New York Daily News)
6. Just 1% of meteorites are lunar in origin.
More details (The Times)
7. Bexhill, Sussex, has more centenarians per head of population than anywhere else in the UK.
More details (Daily Telegraph)
8. An ancient Buddha statue recovered by the Nazis was carved from a meteorite.
Seen a thing? Tell @BBC_magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek