10 things we didn't know last week
Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. French naturalists fed Australian animals on bread soaked in wine, when shipping them home for Napoleon's wife Josephine.
More details (Australian Geographic)
2. It's nearly impossible to poison an opossum.
More details (Yahoo News)
3. The Queen speaks fluent French.
More details (the Times)
4. The original Anglo-Indian dish of kedgeree had no fish in it.
5. Female crickets eat male virgins.
6. Neurons in the stomach mean it acts like a little brain.
7. The Tour de France leader's jersey is yellow because of an early sponsor.
8. Judges can be arbiters of cool.
9. Jumping off a tall building wearing Batman's cape would result in a crash landing at 50mph.
More details (the Economist)
10. A mutation on chromosome 16 gave Elizabeth Taylor her double eyelashes.
More details (Slate)