10 things we didn't know last week
Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. Fifty percent ofUS roads are unpaved.
2. Crows recognise familiar human voices.
3. Reindeer like lichen.
4. Vidal Sassoon was an anti-fascist street fighter.
More details (The Daily Telegraph)
5. Some mammoths were tiny.
6. David Cameron thought LOL was shorthand for "lots of love".
7. Flatulent dinosaurs caused global warming.
8. Oliver Cromwell was keen on grooming products.
More details (The Sun)
9. The new French president doesn't own a car.
More details (The Guardian)
10. There are 115,000 postboxes in Britain.
More details (The Daily Mirror)
Seen a thing? Tell @BBC_magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek