10 things we didn't know last week
1. Jeremy Paxman tried but failed to get into his college's University Challenge team.
More details (Guardian)
2. The male water boatman sings with its penis.
3. The pope tweets.
4. The US only got its first roundabout in 1990, it was in Nevada.
5. Birds have their own version of Red Bull.
6. The average length of time that ships are hijacked for by Somali pirates is five months
7. Listening to the radio is what makes Britons happiest.
More details (Daily Mail)
8. Jodhpurs, wildebeest and roux are some of the hardest words for kids to spell.
More details (Times)
9. Dinosaurs would beat any other animal when it comes to head-butting.
10. A tennis ball can lose 12.9 mph post-bounce on a clay court versus grass.
Seen 10 things? Send us a picture to use next week. Big thanks to Alan Homer for this week's picture of 10 pegs on top of his washing machine.