Strange, tangential and sometimes frankly spurious events laid at the door of the credit crunch.
- The credit crunch is making more people in the UK lose their hair. More details (Nourkrin press release)
- Organic food is being badly hit by the credit crunch. Milk is particularly badly affected, with farms that were converting to organic turning their back on it in the face of rising feed prices. More details (the Independent)
- Fewer people are visiting London. Although foreign visitor numbers rose 6% in the first six months of last year, the total numbers were down 7% from July to December. More details (Evening Standard)
- Record numbers of students are working their way through university. More details (the Times)
- There's been a "massive surge" in parents being pursued for unpaid school fees. More details (the Times)