Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. Rock stars are twice as likely to die prematurely as the wider population.
2. The collective noun for meerkats is a "mob".
3. In Ethiopia it is almost the start of the year 2000 and the beginning of millennium celebrations.
4. Bees can detect explosives.
5. There are 287 franchised World Trade Centers around the world, including one in Hull.
6. Clarissa Dickson Wright became the country's youngest female barrister at 21, a record she still holds.
7. An RAF Tornado costs £40,000 an hour to fly.
8. Depression is a more disabling condition than angina, arthritis, asthma and diabetes.
9. Sitting straight is bad for backs.
10. A suspect in Portugal is called an arguido and has certain rights.
Sources: 5 - Financial Times (7 Sept); 6 - BBC Radio Five Live; 7 - Times (7 Sept)
Seen 10 things? Send us a picture to use next week. Thanks to Cary O'Malley for this week's picture of 10 dahlias.