We're out of recession but are you in the mood to celebrate?
Welsh economy 'out of recession', says today's headline.
Whilst that's good news, the cuts have gone so deep BBC Wales' Nick Servini reckons no one's in any mood to celebrate as "this recession has changed the industrial map of Wales".
He's not wrong. Since May 2008 north east Wales has lost in the region of 3,400 jobs [tag: jobs].
Industrial estates across Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham, have seen the closures of factory premises:
- Indesit, Kinmel Park - 302 jobs
- Arquest, Greenfield Business Park - 85 jobs
- Marshalls, Llay Works - 55 jobs
On the upside, there are signs of success, with the Financial Times' House & Homes having lots of good things to say about Llangollen and Chirk - plus:
- Property prices on the up in Wrexham
- Third new hotel planned for Rhyl
- Hawarden Farm Shop reinvents itself
If you've any good news to confirm things are on the up - do tell us!
[Thanks to Karen Oliver for the use of this photo. Plus, view her photo study of Wrexham]