What's your gardening question?

Host_Ryan - One Show team | 13:01 UK time, Friday, 6 March 2009

Over the next few weeks, The One Show's Christine Walkden will be answering viewers' gardening questions on the programme.

Add your question to the comments box, below. Please remember to leave your first name and location.

Also: Please, if possible, add a photo of yourself showing Christine the gardening query you'd like solved. Send in in your photo here.

Comments

• 1. At 7:24pm on 06 Mar 2009, msmisery wrote:

Can you not just answer questions instead of trying to be a gardening thespian! you are putting us off watching>>>>

• 2. At 7:08pm on 07 Mar 2009, perfectlannion wrote:

can you tell me why some of my bay tree leaves have turned brown, is it dying?
    from susan south wales

• 3. At 8:51pm on 08 Mar 2009, fivegreenfingers wrote:

Despite buying seeds for assorted coloured californian poppies which i try to grow i only get orange and cream, how can i encourage the pink ones to grow?

• 4. At 10:48am on 10 Mar 2009, FredHerbert wrote:

I spent a lot of my time last year trying to remove what I believe are flowering onions from my borders. They were put in by the previous owner, who had done no maintenance for 20 years. They have grass-like leaves, pink flowers, grow from white bulbs that are round, brown, hard and dimpled like golfballs in their dormant state. Again, for the fourth time, my borders now look like lawn where they have grown back so thickly. What are my options for getting rid of them to be able to plant up newly? Would rather avoid spraying the lot with weedkiller, but have dug down to a metre on several occasions and painstakingly tried to remove all the dormany bulbs and clearly failed. Please help!

• 5. At 11:16am on 10 Mar 2009, queendizzie wrote:

Just wanted to say how interesting the item was about Wormeries last week. I told my Mum about it and she discovered that she had been composting incorrectly - after many years of use. She has decided to buy a Wormery and compost properly as a result. Thank you for your enthusiastic assistance.

Polly from M/cr

• 6. At 11:45am on 25 Mar 2009, sobersides wrote:

Please could someone tell me the name of a natural predator for the lupin aphid? Alternatively, a means of eradicating the little sods would be very welcome - without resorting to a commercial pesticide. (Sooo tempting sometimes!).

• 7. At 7:29pm on 26 Mar 2009, Swindon_Saff wrote:

What would be the best veg for a first time grower?

• 8. At 10:39am on 27 Mar 2009, nicepackage wrote:

I have a white camellia called Matterhorn.3 years old. Last year all the flowers turned brown before they opened. I have moved it away from the south facing wall so that it no longer gets early morning sun and protected it with fleece over the winter. The flowers are just beginning to open and although better than last year still have brown tinges to the edges. Anything I can do for the problem?
    lesley at Yarm

• 9. At 7:52pm on 27 Mar 2009, goldencopperbeech wrote:

We are inundated constantly with woodlice and have to put powder down in and out of the house. Can anyone come up with a more permanent solution . Goldencopperbeech Bournemouth