What did you think of The One Show? Guest: Bobby Ball

The One Show Team | 14:49 UK time, Friday, 5 February 2010

Norfolk's Sheringham Shantymen

Adrian and Christine were joined by the comedian Bobby Ball.

Many of Britain's remaining Art Deco cinemas are being targeted by property developers. Lucy Siegle told us more.

Hector the dogIt's ham, but not as you might know it. Jay Rayner looked at the processes behind making reformed meat. And Jay's tasty treat tip for the weekend is... cockles!

Arthur Smith spent the night aboard the HMS Victory to learn more about the ship, the crews and Horatio Nelson.

Norfolk's Sheringham Shantymen (pictured above) sang a sea shanty.

Mike Dilger and Miranda Krestovnikoff concluded their week looking for Britain's Best animals with a search for a super swimmer.

All week you've been sending in your plonker pet photos, from dopey dogs to brainless birds.

Plonker pet Hector (pictured above), a Norfolk terrier, was chosen to be our Local Legend of the week.

What did you think of the show?  Add your comment.

You may also like

Pet Maru the cat got a mention in this morning's production meeting. He's cute. Watch the video below.

Have a great weekend, we'll see you on Monday.

Comments

• 1. At 5:45pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

Bobby Ball, now this should be fun as long as he can get a word in, I always remember laughing at his stupid antics in the 70s.
    Do we need to discuss reformed meat at his time of evening, I am looking forward to my spam fritters, chips , beans and a cuppa.

• 2. At 6:10pm on 05 Feb 2010, jadedoldie wrote:

MartinJ, I would KILL for a spam fritter, haven't had one for 30 years or more. I am sure the scaremongers are lurking on their starting blocks ready to leap into action and inform us all of the fact you are likely to drop off the twig within minutes of eating processed meats, let alone frying them, lol. Cannot agree with you re Bobby Ball, annoying little twit!

• 3. At 6:34pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

I understnd spam has made a comeback. I prefer tinned corned beef, with branston pickle between thick sliced white bread. Must buy a tin when next in the UK.

• 4. At 6:43pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

#1 MartinJ

I remember Cannon & Ball's catch phrase, 'Rock on Tommy'. Funny at the time.

• 5. At 6:59pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

#4 Danedweller I agree funny at the time, lets see how often he says the catch phrase, opps No. 1 Christine

• 6. At 7:04pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

#3. Corned beef sandwich, HP sauce, now your talking.

Not to put you off spam to much , there was a programme a week or ago about spam , frankfurters etc, a real stomach curner, wht put in on the one show??
    stay with birds in your garden etc, Lucy's bit on old cinemas is OK.

Where we are in Cambs. all we have one of these new cine plex things, OK better then the old dusty seat of the 60's and 70's

• 7. At 7:04pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

I am surprised these beautiful Art Deco cinemas are not Listed buildings.

• 8. At 7:08pm on 05 Feb 2010, bwoods30 wrote:

How low can Christine sink her skirts are like belts now we a forced to see her nipples. I just love paying for this crap TV

• 9. At 7:08pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

Now I feel realy ill,Ham is off the menu next Christmas, staying with Turkey all week.

• 10. At 7:09pm on 05 Feb 2010, sxg123 wrote:

Why waste money buying added water in ham? Ham with no added water is readily available.

The ham shown being sliced was obviously well overcooked.

• 11. At 7:10pm on 05 Feb 2010, sxg123 wrote:

Obviously Christine wasn't going to try a cockle. Nice try.

• 12. At 7:11pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

MailOnline

By David Derbyshire

Fresh fears were raised over GM crops yesterday after a study showed they can cause liver and kidney damage.

According to the research, animals fed on three strains of genetically modified maize created by the U.S. biotech firm Monsanto suffered signs of organ damage after just three months.

The findings only came to light after Monsanto was forced to publish its raw data on safety tests by anti-GM campaigners.

• 13. At 7:11pm on 05 Feb 2010, cashleypoledancer wrote:

John Terry on TOS. Mmmmm. Well, I suppose they had to.

• 14. At 7:12pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

Bobby Ball , best comment of the week , Captian Pugwash, brilliant

• 15. At 7:12pm on 05 Feb 2010, sxg123 wrote:

Jay, Captain Pugwash. Excellent.

• 16. At 7:12pm on 05 Feb 2010, opheliap wrote:

The guy who re-did the rex which you were at in you're feature on cinema is trying to save this one too but is short of money - you should promote it!

• 17. At 7:12pm on 05 Feb 2010, miffy_1 wrote:

We have an Art Deco cinema that is in tact in our town, but out of use. The interior was featured in 'Who Killed Rodger Rabbit', as it is so special, yet it's future still hangs in doubt, despite local people attempting to save it. It'll be a crying shame if it does not get renovated and used as it should be.

• 18. At 7:14pm on 05 Feb 2010, Vin wrote:

Bobby Ball isn't The Fattest Man in Britain but Adrian might be!
    What a scruffy, untidy Fat Man! Braces, stubble, no tie - come on Fat Man - SMARTEN YOURSELF UP!

• 19. At 7:15pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

#12. danedweller ,, You lost me.

Lets stick to what we know

• 20. At 7:17pm on 05 Feb 2010, sxg123 wrote:

#8

And what's wrong with that?

• 21. At 7:18pm on 05 Feb 2010, sky_viewer wrote:

Re 8: hadn't noticed, but I shall endeavour to correct this once Arthur's item has finished.

• 22. At 7:18pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

I cannot understand why John Terry has had to stand down as England Captain. He is ONLY a Football Player not the future King of England. Oops forgot he also cheated on his wife!

• 23. At 7:20pm on 05 Feb 2010, cashleypoledancer wrote:

8 Bwood30

You must be the only person who can see as you see. Think it's just the dress.

What a very strange post.

Suggest you change your moniker to 'Suppressed90'

• 24. At 7:21pm on 05 Feb 2010, clare wrote:

bobby ball is the best. Im 36 now but my siaters and i still re-inact phrases from cannon and balls ffilm' boys in blue'. Still the beast film ever.

• 25. At 7:21pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

Why hasn't Captain Pugwashed joined it with the Boys from Sheringham.

I will have to get to checking Christine's dress/belt whatever.

• 26. At 7:22pm on 05 Feb 2010, GAZ911 wrote:

Norfolk's Sheringham Shantymen...........impressive

• 27. At 7:23pm on 05 Feb 2010, sxg123 wrote:

#23

Agreed. I can only assume the poster is female.

• 28. At 7:24pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

#26 Gaz911, did you find your self joining in. I nearly did untill Christine's dress was mentioned

• 29. At 7:25pm on 05 Feb 2010, bwoods30 wrote:

Maybe John Terry's wife was a pain in the butt. I think they over stepped the mark. Why don't they sack useless MP'S or controllers of the crap BBC.

• 30. At 7:26pm on 05 Feb 2010, sxg123 wrote:

#8

I can't see the features in question. Can anyone else?

• 31. At 7:27pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

#19 martinJ

I prefer my toms to rot naturally, not sit on a supermarket shelf for 2 or 3 months! To each man his own.

#9 Buy a whole leg with the bone next christmas, they can't fake that.

All the best Danish Ham and Pork goes to England. The only bacon we can get is streaky. No nice legs of ham or pork, The left over rubbish gets minced for meat balls or processed as in the film.

• 32. At 7:28pm on 05 Feb 2010, sky_viewer wrote:

As was mentioned in last night's Question Time, the footballer should have only been on the end of a managerial decision (brought about by his off-field activities) if it resulted in adverse effects within the team ,due to the connection of one of the girls with another teammate. Interesting that the Daily Mail journalist shot herself in the foot on QT when she contradicted herself, sating that her rag published such salacious material to sell copies.

• 33. At 7:29pm on 05 Feb 2010, GAZ911 wrote:

Re 29 chelsea supporter?

• 34. At 7:30pm on 05 Feb 2010, Alan Gordon wrote:

Has anyone else noticed how often Adrian says "Fascinating stuff" after the feature stories in the show. It is almosy becoming his catch phrase. Perhaps they should show him a montage of them.

That would be Fascinating stuff.

• 35. At 7:31pm on 05 Feb 2010, cashleypoledancer wrote:

#27 sxg123

Mind you, last night she was a tad careless. Perhaps the water ski training was hurting her legs so much she was having difficulty crossing her legs.

#29 Bwoods30

What's that got to do with the price of cockles?

• 36. At 7:31pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

Like I said at the start, did Bobby Ball actually say anything?
    May be they should ask John Tery's misses to come on the show, that would be interesting as long as she is notaccompanied by Max whats his name, you know the PA man who makes money out so called C rated celebs that **** up thier lives. Thinking about it I bet he is on TOS next week, have you noticed he has not been seen for a while.

Please BBC / TOS did not let this happen

• 37. At 7:32pm on 05 Feb 2010, sky_viewer wrote:

Re 8 & 23: seems to have been two strange circular parts of the top that she was wearing. Most odd.

• 38. At 7:40pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

#31 dandeweller.
    Thats for the advice, noted, now I can rest again. Can you imagine what I would be going through before next Christmas. God I must stop, talking about next Christmas already, not with easter so near

sxg123
    I tried hard to see what they ar on about with Christine's dress, but after using replay button , I spotted her N**ple*, I did have to squint.

• 39. At 7:42pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

#36 MartinJ

Max Clifford raised his ugly head and fat wallet on the news tonight. He is representing the 'Underwear Model' JT fouled offside.

• 40. At 7:45pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

I am off now, best prog. on TV question of sport, I wander if they will as about JT?

• 41. At 7:47pm on 05 Feb 2010, flunklumpard wrote:

39 danedweller

Does he still make cash, now that she has been bought off, oops sorry, has decided not to tell. A few relieved people close by.

• 42. At 7:49pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

• 43. At 7:57pm on 05 Feb 2010, sky_viewer wrote:

Re 38 (& 37): definitely two parts of the top. Most odd. It wasn't very obvious though, even on a 50-inch screen.

Molly at the end: '...just a silly old Hector'. Wonderful to hear Hector's House get a mention.

• 44. At 8:06pm on 05 Feb 2010, Danedweller wrote:

#41 flunklumpard

Looks like we have a JT supporter blogging. As my reply has been referred to the moderator.

We had an episode of this the other week I hope they soon go and crawl back into their little hole.

• 45. At 8:14pm on 05 Feb 2010, MartinJ wrote:

Question of sport, very dissappointed , not a mention of JT.

We will have to go back to question time on Thursdays it is such a massive issue that politions have to discuss him, lets not reduce our selves to that, lets stick with the contents of TOS.

Let me tell you about the single green spottted crested great knewt that has invaded my garden pond.....what! you have switched off??????

• 46. At 8:34pm on 05 Feb 2010, flunklumpard wrote:

44 danedweller

JT, mentioned on TOS tonight. Thank goodness Capello has got rid of the sleazy, slimeball.

45 MartinJ

QOS is prerecorded - probably weeks old.

• 47. At 9:05pm on 05 Feb 2010, flunklumpard wrote:

Just had a look at TOS on iPlayer and all this interest (or strange disgust as per #8)in CB's 'bits' is unfounded. Just a crumply, badly fitting dress.

On a more interesting, if prurient note, any guesses as to who will get outed in the rags this weekeend now that injunctions are being tossed aside?

• 48. At 5:43pm on 06 Feb 2010, Rinty wrote:

Re #32: sky_viewer,

What Melanie Phillips actually said was that anything in a newspaper is put there with the object of selling that newspaper. Which should be pretty obvious when you stop to think about it bearing in mind that newspapers are a business.

Consequently. I do not understand why you believe that she shot herself in the foot.

Was the Daily Mail the only newspaper that carried stories about JT's love life?

• 49. At 5:10pm on 08 Feb 2010, Hmmmm wrote:

#12 & #31 agree!
    #19 What do you know?

Has Jay heard of food distibution issues? Does he really think GM is the answer to feeding the whole population?
    I don't want 3 month old tomatoes either.. See Jimmy Doherty Global Harvest Brazil.
    tks.

• 50. At 3:05pm on 25 Feb 2010, JackieH wrote:

I'm not a regular viewer but it was during this episode of The One Show that I turned on the TV and I could hear Adrian + Christine but onscreen was a photo of a man's head and shoulders. I waited for the image to disappear but it didn't so I changed to another channel and when I returned to BBC1, the image had gone.

Nobody else seems to have seen this but, believe me, I didn't imagine it. Surely I wasn't the only viewer to see this?