John Cooper Clarke, Rodchenko and Fleet Foxes

Ellen West - web producer | 19:00 UK time, Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Let us know what you think of tonight's show - as ever it's an eclectic mix of items. Here's an extra from our John Cooper Clarke piece. There's more Fleet Foxes to watch on the site as well.

In order to see this content you need to have both Javascript enabled and Flashinstalled. Visit BBC Webwisefor full instructions

Comments

• 1. At 10:22pm on 10 Mar 2009, toodles60 wrote:

I was highly annoyed at mark in tonights show. The arrogance and lack of respect he continues to show towards viewers is astounding. Tonight on reviewing the movie 'Marley and me' he deliberately told viewers the ending of the film and proclaimed with great glee that Marley dies. It was a deliberateb act to ruin it for those of us he considers idiots for wishing to watch it at all. I suppose we are supposed to bow to his tastes. This is a movie I was going to take my children to see and it has now been ruined. Thanks a lot!

• 2. At 10:33pm on 10 Mar 2009, raabhaw wrote:

Really?

You could always send the kids in and wait for them in the car, listening to the radio or something.

Mind you, now that you are armed with the knowledge would you really want subject your kids to seeing a film where the star dies at the end?

• 3. At 11:18pm on 10 Mar 2009, kezzablogga wrote:

The show hit the spot for me. I was intrigued by the Fleet Foxes and will buy their albulm (if only to use it to be sick on demand to later!) In particular, John Cooper Clarke was electric, but a lot of interviewing and not enough of his material/live show was used. Also you could have had some comparisons to American Slam Poetry that is a massive movement in US and is heavily influencing young people and an alternative to Hip Hop. The spoken word is back but using just John Cooper Clarke was limiting the overall effect on our music and youth scene today.

• 4. At 11:36pm on 10 Mar 2009, kezzablogga wrote:

Mark is not best known for his charm, that is for sure, but to be honest, I am glad I know the puppy dies in the end. I will take my little girl to see it, and hopefully it will put her off wanting a puppy, once she has lived through the trauma of it's inevitable end. Thanks for saving me money on pet bills!

• 5. At 2:22pm on 14 Mar 2009, norwegianchap wrote:

Fine piece on John Cooper Clarke! Interestingly, it seems to be a small punkpoet revival going on. Coincidentally, last week Dom Shaws documentary "All the years of trying" on fellow punk poet Patrick Fitzgerald (Safety pin stuck in my heart, remember?) was debuted on Kosmorama Film Festival in Trondheim, Norway. I think maybe there is a new Patrick Fitzgerald album on its way as well. Also, 30 March a tribute album featuring a mixture of Norwegian, UK and international acts, including Norwegian legends Motorpsycho with US legend Jello Biafra, Jackie Leven, Attila the Stockbroker and more is going to be released. Probably worth checking out as well if you're into this kind of music & poetry.

• 6. At 10:58pm on 14 Mar 2009, conservationass wrote:

i couldn't agree more with all of what mark said on the show. more than that i found it so entertaining i watched that part again on iplayer. i took a friend of mine to watch 'marley and me' and it was completely mind numbing....you and the kids are better off not seeing it i promise you