BBC BLOGS - Steve Claridge's video blog
« Previous | Main | Next »

Claridge Kicks Off

Post categories:

Steve Claridge | 12:10 UK time, Monday, 7 February 2011

Hello, and welcome to 'Claridge Kicks Off', the Football League video blog where Steve Claridge tackles all the big talking points in the Championship, League One and League Two.

This week, Steve looks at both Sheffield clubs, giving his view on United's problems under Micky Adams in the Championship and whether new Wednesday boss Gary Megson is the right man to turn Wednesday's form around in League One.

Steve also analyses the impressive form of Leicester midfielder Andy King and previews the big game in the Championship this weekend between the top two teams, QPR and Nottingham Forest.

And he catches up with Peterborough's latest goal-crazy antics and reflects on the misfortune of Notts County's Alan Gow, who scored a peach of a goal against Tranmere on Saturday in a game that was subsequently abandoned.

 

You can submit your questions for Steve below, or contact him on Twitter. He will answer them on a future 'Claridge Kicks Off' rather than posting a reply.

Non-UK users can see a special international version of Steve's video blog here.

In order to see this content you need to have both Javascript enabled and Flash Installed. Visit BBC Webwise for full instructions. If you're reading via RSS, you'll need to visit the blog to access this content.

 

Comments

or register to comment.

  • 1. At 08:55am on 09 Feb 2011, Ole ole ole WEMBLEY WEMBLEY - MayhillBoiJACK wrote:

    Reallly good article there Steve... I completely agree with everything you sa... Oh no, hang on, i can't agree with everything you said, why, because I can't watch video blogs at my desk.

    Same o same o.

    Written version please (for the ? time)

    Complain about this comment

  • 2. At 09:49am on 09 Feb 2011, hoopsa17 wrote:

    That's a bit harsh on QPR Steve. Best defence, most goals scored,least conceded, least defeats and top of the league for all bar 3 weeks. Doesn't sound like a team being carried by a couple of players.

    Of course we're not blowing people away every game, it's the Championship. If as you say we are a mid table team, why don't pundits give us credit for playing above ourselves?

    Complain about this comment

  • 3. At 09:49am on 09 Feb 2011, Poite_the_owl wrote:

    Appreciate the vids Steve, they are really good however as stated above a lot of people view your articles at work and cant watch videos. A written version wold be great and as a Wednesday fan I'd like to read your views while im 'working'

    ta
    Pete

    Complain about this comment

  • 4. At 10:02am on 09 Feb 2011, rich_pop wrote:

    Dunno what Steve said as I can't see the video. But I'm guessing you haven't seen United play.

    United's last 4 home games, Leicester, Norwich, Doncaster and Hull. All four average to abysmal teams (Hull being the worst team by far I've seen this season). United outplayed them all, but stupid defending and not taking their chances meant they got 1 point instead of 12.

    And that's the story of the season. Unfortunately, I think United are down, where that leaves the club I don't know, staring down a financial barrel I presume (which is another tragic statement on disgraceful state of modern football in this country).

    There's a lot of people in the higher echelons of the club who need to have a long hard look at themselves when we do get to Division One.

    There's been no future planning whatsoever, they've tried to patch holes left in the defence with loanees, and we've got the rediculous point where our back four recently was all loanees with an average age of 20 - how's that going to keep a team in the league. It's a disgrace 18 months ago, we had the best back 4 and keeper in the league, all of which were United players and now this.

    We've been paying ever since the strange decision to hire Brian Robson as manager and bring in a bunch of has-been, injury-prone, journey men Premiership players at the end of their careers who were on astronomical wages that half the Premiership wouldn't pay. I feel sorry for Kevin Blackwell who didn't get the credit he deserved for clearing the mess up whilst having his hands tied.

    The Board at Bramall Lane need to stand up and be counted now. There's a huge mess at United, and if and when they go down it'll be massive. There's a lot of hard work to be done.

    Complain about this comment

  • 5. At 10:07am on 09 Feb 2011, saintsfc wrote:

    This content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later.

    Stop being lazy and start writing again.

    Complain about this comment

  • 6. At 10:10am on 09 Feb 2011, bakes8 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 7. At 10:53am on 09 Feb 2011, RubberNutz wrote:

    aka-SplottBoiJACK

    Not sure it's Steve's fault that you don't have facilities to watch the blog.

    It's like having a go at the BBC for not being able to watch Television because you haven't bothered to get an aerial. If your not clever enough to use the internet then just by a newspaper.

    Complain about this comment

  • 8. At 10:59am on 09 Feb 2011, callabinho wrote:

    To rich_pop, how about you sort your god awful pitch out and learn how to play football and not hoofball, yes Leicester were very lucky to win, but to call us abysmal... You should take a look at your style of play. Long ball after long ball and you clearly underestimated sol bamba! Thing is allot of teams such as us, qpr, forest, watford and Cardiff enjoy passing, on your pitch it is impossible to do! You continuosly played long balls all game so naturally you created chances, diference is the teams you have mentioned all have the class to take their chances! You didn't take any of yours!

    Complain about this comment

  • 9. At 11:12am on 09 Feb 2011, QPRMadSince1960 wrote:

    Once again Claridge is using his position to put down QPR. Why is that Steve, the record this season speaks for itself, I and many RRR's fans want to know, have the courage to explain. I think your denegration of the top team in the championship for obvious personal reasons is not far short of being as bad as those others that got the sack from you know where.

    Complain about this comment

  • 10. At 11:41am on 09 Feb 2011, GrayshottBlade wrote:

    "If your not clever enough to use the internet then just by a newspaper."
    Just do what by a newspaper. Oh I see, perhaps you just need to buy a dictionary.

    Complain about this comment

  • 11. At 11:50am on 09 Feb 2011, jmo84 wrote:

    Steve, you really do talk a load of garbage at times (most of the time actually). The comments about QPR, in my opinion are ridiculous. The stats speak for themselves!

    Complain about this comment

  • 12. At 12:22pm on 09 Feb 2011, rich_pop wrote:

    Callabinho

    Not sure what point you're trying to make to be honest.

    It doesn't matter whether you hoof it long or pass it on the deck, it's still football and it the end result which counts. Which at the moment as United can't take their chances which I think I alluded to, the end result isn't there.

    There's no way Sheffield United can play crisp passing football, they simply don't have the playing staff to do that or the time this season to coach them to do it. They have to play the most effective game for now, and a passing game isn't necessarily best anyway as it allows defences to organise better.

    I'm sure Sol Bamba is wonderful, although he did look a bit shakey when Evans was running at him down the channels.

    If I were you I'd get up every morning with a big Cheshire Cat grin, over the years Leicester City have had more luck than most clubs and you're getting it again with these mystery Malaysians ploughing money in.

    Kind Regards

    Rich

    Complain about this comment

  • 13. At 12:24pm on 09 Feb 2011, andyh wrote:

    As a Posh fan I've no particular time for Steve Claridge, ex of Cambridge and Leicester, but I do feel it unfair that so many people criticise his video blogs. It's almost as though some people are either jealous that he does this and they don't, or just plain determined to have a pop without even bothering to watch. Most of what he says here is fairly reasonable. I don't think Posh are going to get promoted just by outscoring the opposition, they really need to tighten up and become hard to score against. The goal feasts are great, but I'd love a few 1-0 wins!

    Complain about this comment

  • 14. At 12:48pm on 09 Feb 2011, RubberNutz wrote:

    "If your not clever enough to use the internet then just by a newspaper."
    Just do what by a newspaper. Oh I see, perhaps you just need to buy a dictionary.
    --

    bah, typo. It happens.

    Complain about this comment

  • 15. At 12:50pm on 09 Feb 2011, Jammers wrote:

    And I quote "The BBC's Football League expert"...HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Complain about this comment

  • 16. At 12:53pm on 09 Feb 2011, andyh wrote:

    "If your not clever enough to use the internet then just by a newspaper."
    Just do what by a newspaper. Oh I see, perhaps you just need to buy a dictionary.
    --

    bah, typo. It happens.

    Two typos actually. Or was "your" ("you're") a grammatical error?

    Complain about this comment

  • 17. At 12:55pm on 09 Feb 2011, Jeff Legrand wrote:

    Steve, what is wrong with QPR? How have we not "blown" teams away. Were you at the Swansea game in December? Man United haven't been on song but everyone is saying "well that's the makings of a world class team". We have been on song for plenty of our matches. +31 goal difference aren't all OG and 1-0 wins. We are a good side, with depth and quality. If you won't blog about it the 2 or 3 dozen others who regularly use tihs site will.
    Regardless whether a QPR fan or not, we have been terrific this season. Players, staff and turnstiles.
    You may not be "anti-QPR", but you certainly are not doing the club justice.

    Complain about this comment

  • 18. At 12:56pm on 09 Feb 2011, Chris Jay wrote:

    just thought I'd ask for a written blog instead of a video as no-one has mentioned it for 2 posts

    I'm impressed that there is a Wednesday fan who can read (a couple of posts down)

    Up the Millers!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 19. At 12:57pm on 09 Feb 2011, RobinhoQPR wrote:

    What is your personal problem with QPR? Pundits are supposed to be objective.

    This guy is a disgrace, why do the BBC pay him to produce such rubbish. It's obvious after the amount of games played so far this season that teams are where they deserve to be, right now QPR deserve to be top. Come the end of the season that may change but again wherever teams finish will be where they deserve and have earned to right to be so give credit where it's due.

    Oh and good job done at Weymouth football genius

    Complain about this comment

  • 20. At 12:59pm on 09 Feb 2011, machew49 wrote:

    RubberNutz - did you wonder whether perhaps people can't watch the video at work because many organisations' IT departments block video streaming ????

    If you had you might have agreed that a written blog might indeed be a sensible option.

    Complain about this comment

  • 21. At 1:00pm on 09 Feb 2011, What barn door wrote:


    Lose the irritating music. It make it so hard to hear what you are saying.

    Complain about this comment

  • 22. At 1:08pm on 09 Feb 2011, John w wrote:

    When are you going to greatly improve your presentation skills Steve?

    The excited, high-pitch, falsetto tone really grates at times.

    Try and increase your vocabulary. Find other words for 'emulate' and 'lattitude' which you use over and over and over and over again.

    Learn not to juggle those imaginery balls when you are in front of the camera.

    Make a concentrated effort to actually finish all you sentences.

    Consider the poor viewer and listener who a pay a licence fee to listen to your ramblings.

    Seek advice from media professionals. Watch and listen to recordings of yourself to see how really poor you are on TV and Radio 5 live!

    Do not continually interuppt other panelists or hosts.

    Do not always 'insist' on having the last word. Do not talk over other people and stop muttering in the background. This is very poor and unprofessional.

    Stop picking fights with other presenters e.g. David Pleat.

    Learn to climb down from your high horse.

    Always consider the viewer and listener.

    It's not all your fault, Steve.

    The BBC producers and managers should never allow you on national radio and TV in your current 'state'.

    They should have given you full training and advice, before issuing an ultimatum. 'Steve, either you improve dramatically, or we will sack you. You are then free to seek employment with Chorley FM.'

    Complain about this comment

  • 23. At 1:16pm on 09 Feb 2011, bakes8 wrote:

    Qpr 4-0 Swansea
    Ipswich 0-3 Qpr
    Qpr 3-0 Middlesbrough
    Sheff U 0-3 Qpr
    Qpr 4-0 Barnsley.

    Good shout tho Steve.

    Complain about this comment

  • 24. At 1:28pm on 09 Feb 2011, Superhoopmango wrote:

    Sorry, but do any of you REALLy expect the BBC to listen to you? Much less read the comments on here, other than to moderate out those that don't follow the theme of the thread?

    I have used the complaints department to complain about "Mr" Claridge's attitude towards QPR. The more that complain, the louder the voice.

    This man has no real idea, as is shown by his assumption that QPR are the biggest spenders, and rely on one or two players. For "Abdul" Taarabt and Wayne Routledge, we also have Faurlin, Derry, Mackie, Kenny....to name but four.

    Claridge would do well to stop denigrating QPR, and stick to the facts. The table doesn't lie, and as QPR_FromNW10 stated Man Utd don't get this much stick, and they're only 4 points clear!

    Complain about this comment

  • 25. At 1:39pm on 09 Feb 2011, TheLoneRanger69 wrote:

    The biggest oxymoron ever, Steve Claridge - The Football League Expert.

    Look it up in the dictionary Steve.

    We have so far scored 47 goals. We have scored 2 or more in 16 games, winning all bar one. We have 17 clean sheets. A goal difference of +31, double that of any team. We are only 3 points behind Newcastle in the same position last year. We have been top all season bar 2 weeks, plus a few hours.

    Yet you say that Forest are a better team for only scoring the odd goal here and there (not taking anything away from Forest).

    All this information took me 2 minutes to compile. I suggest you do a bit of checking too before you spout your usual rubbish.

    Is it because we didn't want you as a player? Do a player at our club do a John Terry on you?

    Useless! And hopefully jobless soon.

    Complain about this comment

  • 26. At 1:47pm on 09 Feb 2011, Mark1White wrote:

    Whats Lord Vader doing at Hillsborough?
    see 36 secs into clip.

    Complain about this comment

  • 27. At 1:51pm on 09 Feb 2011, Neil_Warnock wrote:

    Steve, you are pants. You have never liked me or my teams. I can live with that because a) I don't like you and b) lots of people reading, sorry watching, your blogs don't like you either.
    I stopped watching the Football League show sometime last season. When you leave I'll watch it again.
    All the best.

    Complain about this comment

  • 28. At 1:59pm on 09 Feb 2011, Feel MaDullTie wrote:

    Steve, take no notice of the people who say you know nothing about football. Prove them wrong and go on Celebrity Mastermind with a specialist subject of football.

    We will give you £1 for every answer you get right in the first round....at the end of it you won't have enough to buy a KitKat.

    PLEASE put us out of our misery and get someone else in...but not Garth Crooks.

    Complain about this comment

  • 29. At 2:25pm on 09 Feb 2011, s6owl wrote:

    i need articles to be written to.video doesnt work in usa

    Complain about this comment

  • 30. At 2:43pm on 09 Feb 2011, Ramilas1 wrote:

    "Non-UK users can see a special international version of Steve's video blog here."

    No problem viewing it overseas, just find the link at the bottom of the article...

    ... and, as for all the moaning whingers who can't view at work;

    1. be glad you've GOT a job !
    2. be extra glad it's a cushy one sitting at a desk !
    3. shouldn't you BE working ?
    :)

    Complain about this comment

  • 31. At 2:47pm on 09 Feb 2011, Nell Warnock wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 32. At 2:47pm on 09 Feb 2011, waddle_1867 wrote:

    It won't play where I am either......not that I'm bothered. Steve Claridge talks cak.

    Complain about this comment

  • 33. At 3:26pm on 09 Feb 2011, daveb76 wrote:

    QPR not very fluent? What on earth are you talking about Steve, have you not watched us this season? Do you have your eyes closed when Taarabt is beating players and smashing in 30 yard screamers? Are you basing everything on the Watford game where we had an off night and Watford were superb? How can a team who has been in the top two all season be described as one that has not bowled teams over. We beat one of the best sides in the division in Swansea 4-0 just over a month ago. You are a complete fool and showed your colours last week celebrating with the Cardiff fans after the game.

    Complain about this comment

  • 34. At 3:31pm on 09 Feb 2011, CANTPAYWONTPAY wrote:

    22, John W,

    You've said it all, perfect.

    Complain about this comment

  • 35. At 3:59pm on 09 Feb 2011, EamonHolmes wrote:

    Any news on my suggestion that the video be called "Claridge Clears Off" or my new suggestion "Claridge Contradicts Himself"? Whilst I understand that Mr Claridge has "favourites" (usually clubs that he has played for) I feel that the bias against a certain clubs is unjustified and only goes to show a lack of intelligence and professionalism.

    It is also rather galling that I cannot switch on the BBC TV or BBC Radio to watch or listen to Championship related matters, only to see/hear the same bloomin' presenter.

    And to quote No. 30 Ramilas:

    "... and, as for all the moaning whingers who can't view at work;"

    1. You ain't missing much

    Complain about this comment

  • 36. At 4:05pm on 09 Feb 2011, HomoSimpson wrote:

    I was hoping that it was going to get better. I was sad to find it hadn't.

    Complain about this comment

  • 37. At 4:11pm on 09 Feb 2011, jeffroQPR wrote:

    Steve, me old mucker... Lets stop playing games now hey. It is quite obvious that you are hoping for a bite from Rangers fans now every week.

    You mention that QPR are not outstanding and you have watched them play and achieve a late goal to win the game, you then follow on to mention how good Forest are and how they"squeeze the life" out of sides to secure a 1-0 win!!! Isnt that the same thing??

    Is it because we convincingly beat Leicester and Portsmouth with their multi million pound starting 11's?


    Is it because you have a "Sam Alardyce" approach to the game, and do not like our slick passing game, as evidenced by the Taarabt winner against Coventry or the move for the winner against Reading??

    If "no great shakes" and "not fluent" means you 1) have most wins 2) have the best defence 3) lost the least games 4) Have the division's outstanding player by a country mile; then yes Im very happy to be "Not fluent"

    You really make yourself look an even bigger Tool, than people currently think you are.

    Keep it up, and one last thing, have you ever analysed your barnet?? It's truely shocking.

    Complain about this comment

  • 38. At 4:22pm on 09 Feb 2011, charlie445 wrote:

    URRRRRRRRRRRSSS

    Complain about this comment

  • 39. At 4:36pm on 09 Feb 2011, VblockR wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 40. At 5:08pm on 09 Feb 2011, willbrookes wrote:

    Steve Claridge, how did you get this job? You played for a lot of Football League sides, granted, but that is the ONLY justification I can think of because you talk absolute drivel! Seriously (and this is quite a statement), one of the most clueless pundits of all time, if not the most.

    How the BBC have not noticed that you don't actually know anything about anything is beyond me. Hopefully you get the sack soon, as the fans deserve better. A 5 year old could give a better bit of analysis, and could probably string his words together to form more coherent and non contradictory sentences too...

    Complain about this comment

  • 41. At 5:09pm on 09 Feb 2011, CovAdam1987 wrote:

    I went to the Coventry vs Sheff Utd game which ended 0-0, I can honestly say i've never seen such a one sided game in my life which ended up 0-0. I think Sheff Utd are the worst side i've seen up at the Ricoh in the last 5 years. The fact we didn't beat them makes this even more distressing.

    Complain about this comment

  • 42. At 5:24pm on 09 Feb 2011, Realist wrote:

    FAO: jeffroQPR

    Sorry, but Portsmouth (my team) hardly have a multi million pound team. Secondly, despite your 2-0 win recently I wouldn't say you beat us convincingly.

    Fair play to your team.. the first goal was down to a blooper by our keeper and the second a well taken header. However, the game could easily have gone either way (granted it didn't).

    Don't worry about opinions/comments from a football pundit. I wish you all the best in the Premier league. It'll be tough to stay up, but with the creation of an intimidating atmosphere at Loftus Road I think you stand a good chance of stopping up there as it'll give you those extra points you need.

    Complain about this comment

  • 43. At 5:25pm on 09 Feb 2011, LoftusLou wrote:

    Football presenters, commentators and "pundits" are paid very good money to do a professional job. Whilst we understand that "pundits" have their own opinions, they need to be professional by backing up what they have said with proper facts.

    Anyone can sit in the pub and moan about certain football teams, but often it is only because they do not like that team or there is "history" between their team and the other.

    I have listened to you on radio, seen you on TV and on this blog and have come to the conclusion that you are not better than the loudmouth from down the pub. You have your pet clubs that you love and several clubs that you hate. This comes across in what you say - most of what is flannel which has no real substance.

    I have never known such a biased "pundit" in all my years of watching/listening to them. The word "unprofessional" has cropped already in these replies and I would like to add my 4 penneth to those and say that you are the most unprofessional "pundit" I have ever known and you should be ashamed to take the licence payers money.

    PS Have you noticed that nobody bothers to ask you questions anymore? Have you wondered why? HINT: You'd get a better answer by asking a group of boys and girls in a primary school playgroud.

    For heaven's sake BBC, get rid of this sorry excuse for a pundit.

    Complain about this comment

  • 44. At 5:32pm on 09 Feb 2011, Spit-your-eye wrote:

    Read on user-name you numpty

    Complain about this comment

  • 45. At 5:35pm on 09 Feb 2011, Scott Jones wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 46. At 5:35pm on 09 Feb 2011, martynlcfc wrote:

    "JeffroQPR". Whilst you and your fellow QPR fans get laughably defensive, may I suggest that you do your research properly and engage your brain before using the computer.

    Leicester's "multi million pound" pound side the day you won at the Walkers Stadium is almost identical to that of the QPR starting XI that very day. Indeed, if you remove 1 player for whom Paulo Sousa panic purchased (Waghorn) our side was cheaper to assemble.

    Complain about this comment

  • 47. At 5:38pm on 09 Feb 2011, CroydonCaptainJack wrote:

    Is this really what my licence money is spent on?
    To be fair to him it appears that it isn't just QPR he talks rubbish about, it is virtually everything he says. Very very poor pundit.

    Complain about this comment

  • 48. At 5:50pm on 09 Feb 2011, Spit-your-eye wrote:

    I Wish (and so do most) that the BBC would kick him off

    Complain about this comment

  • 49. At 5:58pm on 09 Feb 2011, jbclaret05 Together lets save Burnley 606 wrote:

    No mension of Burnleys great win over Norwich why Steve?

    Complain about this comment

  • 50. At 6:00pm on 09 Feb 2011, willbrookes wrote:

    ...because if he had said that, it wouldn't have been drivel.

    Complain about this comment

  • 51. At 6:20pm on 09 Feb 2011, 2cR wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 52. At 6:29pm on 09 Feb 2011, scazr wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 53. At 6:30pm on 09 Feb 2011, scazr wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 54. At 7:01pm on 09 Feb 2011, gertchaqpr wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 55. At 7:34pm on 09 Feb 2011, Aarfy_Aardvark - bring back 606 wrote:

    @37 - I'm fairly sure Taraabt hit the leveler against Coventry not the winner. I'm not even a fan of QPR but I know that's wrong. Come on brother, glass houses and all that, if you wanna pick apart a guy's arguments with facts at least get your own right.

    Complain about this comment

  • 56. At 7:40pm on 09 Feb 2011, RangerCol wrote:

    Clarridge, you are a complete muppet. Totally unprofessional to use your position on TV to carry on your obvious bias against QPR. Your comments just don't stack up. TOOL!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 57. At 7:54pm on 09 Feb 2011, garythenotrashcougar wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 58. At 8:27pm on 09 Feb 2011, Marra_swfc wrote:

    But all-in-all, great blog Steve! Keep up the good work fella, you've clearly engaged the viewers!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 59. At 8:37pm on 09 Feb 2011, qprmatt wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 60. At 8:39pm on 09 Feb 2011, Bedford R wrote:

    Steve, what have you got against QPR? You have nothing good to say about us and it's like it physically hurts you to praise QPR.

    Grow some balls and own up to your bias against QPR and explain why?

    Complain about this comment

  • 61. At 8:49pm on 09 Feb 2011, RobinhoQPR wrote:

    AerospaceMango - Great idea and I have followed your lead and made an official complaint that some of my licence fee goes to this guy. Who is he to say who manages well or not when his own managerial career flopped so disastrously at Weymouth?

    Replace Claridge with someone respected who has genuine insight ASAP!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 62. At 9:23pm on 09 Feb 2011, gertchaqpr wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 63. At 9:28pm on 09 Feb 2011, qblockpete wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 64. At 9:40pm on 09 Feb 2011, smiffda1001 wrote:

    steve how can you go from saying qpr arent bowling anyone over but in the next sentence say forest are strangling teams and winning one nil??????

    also another comment of yours during fridays 5live commentary was that qpr are where they are because of one player.

    please answer this. Is that one player responsible for 17 clean sheets??

    is that one player responsible for each goal in our +31 gd??
    does he also manage the team ??

    Complain about this comment

  • 65. At 9:48pm on 09 Feb 2011, JC Sydney wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 66. At 11:14pm on 09 Feb 2011, OxfordR wrote:

    There are people with degrees in Media and English without a job, yet you can't even speak properly, and are sat on tax payers money talking complete garbage each week. You weren't even very good.

    Complain about this comment

  • 67. At 00:50am on 10 Feb 2011, Bedford R wrote:

    Is Steve on facebook and twitter? Has he figured out how to use them yet?

    Complain about this comment

  • 68. At 00:55am on 10 Feb 2011, superckat wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 69. At 00:57am on 10 Feb 2011, bonzoblue wrote:

    Steve Claridge is entitled to his opinions and he knows his football. Played for many clubs and knows football inside out whether you like it or not. The man is a legend as is any man who played for Birmingham.

    Complain about this comment

  • 70. At 05:45am on 10 Feb 2011, Dan Umphray wrote:

    I look forward more to 'bakes8' comments than your woeful ability to convey any sense Steve. bakes8 makes me laugh loudly everytime. Keep it up fella... If you were a football manager, Steve, we'd be chanting for your head as Derby should be with 'our Nigel'. Do us a favour son, jack it in....

    I'm in Australia. The further I get away, the contempt for you doesn't dissipate. Manish, help him out with that one.

    Complain about this comment

  • 71. At 08:16am on 10 Feb 2011, APunchInTheMush wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 72. At 09:07am on 10 Feb 2011, APunchInTheMush wrote:

    Claridge you are the Weakest Link! Goodbye!

    Complain about this comment

  • 73. At 09:12am on 10 Feb 2011, eggchaser1977 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 74. At 09:19am on 10 Feb 2011, nuffieldranger wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 75. At 09:42am on 10 Feb 2011, eggchaser1977 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 76. At 09:42am on 10 Feb 2011, eggchaser1977 wrote:

    If we all make official complaints about him, maybe the Beeb will listen.

    Complain about this comment

  • 77. At 09:48am on 10 Feb 2011, nuffieldranger wrote:

    why are the moderators censoring qpr questions? i never swore neither did i call anyone anynames this is crazy!! just a plain question as a licence payer i would like an answer to

    Complain about this comment

  • 78. At 09:57am on 10 Feb 2011, RobbieSavagesFlowingLocks wrote:

    Maybe Steve isn't anti QPR, but just anti Neil Warnock like most of the right minded people in this country.

    Complain about this comment

  • 79. At 09:59am on 10 Feb 2011, jmo84 wrote:

    Bonzoblue.......Are you Steve Claridge in disguise?!

    Complain about this comment

  • 80. At 11:18am on 10 Feb 2011, superckat wrote:

    How did my earlier comment break the rules all I said was that Claridge was just about average player who was fortunate to play at the level he did. Said as a pundit he again finds himself beyond his abilities. Mentioned that a lot of teams have better squads this year than last. Mentioned the Newcastle team included Routledge and Hall who they got from QPR and who are back and quoted a saying that goes "it's better to be silent and appear the fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt"
    I see nothing offensive in the above and I never swore or abused anyone. Cannot see Anything untowards, so why remove it.

    Complain about this comment

  • 81. At 11:31am on 10 Feb 2011, DaveChappers wrote:

    Colin i mean Neil is a bit like Robbie savage in that you only like him when he is at your club....this is probably why so many people would like to see QPR crash and burn.

    Personally i dont have a propblem with the club just the manager.

    Leicester were lucky to beat Shefiield United but it makes a change for us to take our chances. At the start of the season we were the ones creating the chances but not taking them so i can sympathise with the blades fans on here.

    Complain about this comment

  • 82. At 12:35pm on 10 Feb 2011, uncle_adolph wrote:

    And my licence fee goes towards paying him? Legalised robbery.

    Complain about this comment

  • 83. At 12:49pm on 10 Feb 2011, iranu indeed wrote:

    As insightful as ever Stevo. What changes did Megson make to come back from 2-0 down? "He swapped it around?" That could mean anything Steve - he swapped the keeper and the striker, got them all to change shirts, got some of the fans to play instead????
    I have only been watching this tripe for the past few weeks but once again Steve tells us about looking round the dressing room - is that why he had to move from so many clubs, after complaints of ogling from his teammates?
    Having drifted off for a while during Steve's waffle I missed the players name that he was applying the normal attributes to - he reads the game well, good engine, box to box, young head on mature shoulders, quick feet, natural goal scorer, gets up well for a fat lad and so on.
    But my favourite 'Claridge' of the week was the fact he hadn't learnt the Man City fact, "I think they were involved in 205 goals, it might be a record" Couldn't you be more certain Steve, perhaps google it. In reply "I think, but I'm not certain, that maybe and you'll have to check this one, that Steve Claridge is a useless pundit. I think that's a fact but I couldn't be bothered to check.

    Complain about this comment

  • 84. At 2:15pm on 10 Feb 2011, uncle_adolph wrote:

    The "in depth" insight into Sheffield United made me laugh. "Micky's under pressure...", "we've all been in these situations...", "they've got to start picking up points..." Well, I'm glad he shared those bon mots with us.

    Did he fail the audition for ITV?

    Complain about this comment

  • 85. At 3:44pm on 10 Feb 2011, lff wrote:

    Steve Claridge has a lot of self-belief.

    Misplaced.

    Complain about this comment

  • 86. At 3:47pm on 10 Feb 2011, relegationbattle wrote:

    The situation at both Sheffield clubs is ridiculous and shows you get nowhere by sacking the manager every 5 minutes, take a look at this article.

    http://expertscolumn.com/content/want-your-manager-sacked-think-again

    Complain about this comment

  • 87. At 4:12pm on 10 Feb 2011, NEL-White (MOT) Bring back the Peacock!! Part-time carrier of Grumpy Young Man Syndrome wrote:

    hoopsa17, when did QPR overtake Leeds as the Championships highest scorers? QPR aren't even the second highest mate.

    Complain about this comment

  • 88. At 4:53pm on 10 Feb 2011, rangers10 wrote:

    What exactly is your problem with QPR. Whether its on the web, the radio or the TV, you consistently all season have failed to give them the credit they deserve for this season. Top more or less all of it,least defeats, no one with more wins, goal differnce others would die for. Yet according to you they are lucky and don't work as a team...your words. What garbage. You cannot do what rangers have done this season without being a team that's together and pulling for each other. I accept that they probably do lack the quality of newcastle and wba last season in the championship but you can only beat what's put in front of you. And that's what they have done better and more consistently than any other team this season.
    And why do you always refer to this big money they have spent. Yes, Mittal and Ecclestone are minted, but show me wherer they have spent the money. Taraabt was a steal for £1m, no one else prepared to take the risk. Faurlin was £3m but this was never up front and was dependent upon appearances etc. What warnock has done in bring in players that he know can do the job and he has paid next to nothing. That mulit-million £ player Mackie got the goals at the start of the season, but its players like Derry and Kenny who have kept us out in front, brilliant buys and the real heart and soul of the team.....and who cost nothing in this day and age. Like all rangers fans, I am waiting for the day they really do splash the cash. in the meantime, idiots like you with a clear chip on their shoulder need to give credit where its due.

    Complain about this comment

  • 89. At 5:04pm on 10 Feb 2011, Jobyfox_BBC606 is dead_long live JA606 wrote:

    I can think of a few possible scenarios:

    1. The BBC don't read people's comments and don't know that there are always 100's of comments asking for a written blog.
    2. The BBC read the comments, but are totally ambivalent towards the opinion of licence payers and couldn't care less what they think.
    3. Steve himself either is incapable of doing a written blog or doesn't want to do one.

    It would be nice if the BBC would explain why they can't produce a written blog so that all the complainants would feel less frustrated.

    Is there anyone out there?

    Complain about this comment

  • 90. At 8:36pm on 10 Feb 2011, GoMadgeGo wrote:

    Hi Steve,

    You are probably the worst pundit I've had the misfortune to see on T.V. Why the BBC persist to waste taxpayers money on you is one of lifes little mysteries.

    I also typed this without looking at notes every 2 seconds, amazing I know.

    Complain about this comment

  • 91. At 8:49pm on 10 Feb 2011, GoMadgeGo wrote:

    Also you look like Calibos from Clash of the Titans in that picture up the top.

    All the best.

    Complain about this comment

  • 92. At 9:09pm on 10 Feb 2011, peter wrote:

    So, leicesters little fairy godmother slagging off QPR again! Yawn Yawn. What makes it even worse is we are top. That really miffs u off doesn't it.

    Do a Ross/Brand and get sacked!!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 93. At 10:11pm on 10 Feb 2011, TopsKingPower wrote:

    Rich_pop, there thai and indonesian, and they also arent mystery, we know who the leaders are and thats all we need to know. Why is there so much hostility towards leicester? i get the feeling that people are scared of us, dont like our financial prowess.
    I understand what you say about claridge, but like us and king, QPR would be nowhere without taarabt, he just favours us because we're his club, like gary lineker publicly admits on MOTD

    Complain about this comment

  • 94. At 10:24pm on 10 Feb 2011, Stuart wrote:

    Steve Claridge, what is your problem with QPR?

    Complain about this comment

  • 95. At 10:29pm on 10 Feb 2011, EamonHolmes wrote:

    I don't know what he's going to talk about in the next episode of this enthralling insight into football in the lower leagues. 93 entries on this blog and not one single question that he will answer!

    Face it, Steve, it was quite a good idea, but unfotunately it has the wrong presenter at the helm. Time to call it a day. Maybe Talksport will give you the 2am - 5am slot.

    Complain about this comment

  • 96. At 10:55pm on 10 Feb 2011, Dutch wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 97. At 11:30pm on 10 Feb 2011, rangers10 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 98. At 00:33am on 11 Feb 2011, daveyjoneslocker wrote:

    this guys blogs really are rubbish. im a cardiff fan and i must admit. qpr have been the stand out team this year. i thought they would blow out a few times when we were hot on there tails . a question for steve do u think cardiff have bought the right kind of players in the transfer window to push for automatic promotion this season .

    Complain about this comment

  • 99. At 00:41am on 11 Feb 2011, bonzoblue wrote:

    Steve Claridge - what a legend.
    The shirt outside the shorts and the socks round the ankles.
    I was there when he played his umpteenth game. He gave great service to all his clubs.
    Thats whats important and should be respected. Never mind you supporters of tiny Championship sides saying - in falsetto voce - he said this he said that.
    QPR in the Prem now that will be worth seeing.

    Complain about this comment

  • 100. At 03:42am on 11 Feb 2011, Dan Umphray wrote:

    bonzoblue - thanks for regaling us with your erstwhile memories of a football league journeyman. It is a common view that journeymen in this context are generally regarded as players who haven’t quite reached the grade. Typically it takes 84 football league managers to realise the player was never good enough. Unfortunately by that point, the said player decides to hang up his boots and ply his trade as a non-league football manager in such beauty spots as Weymouth. Generally speaking, failure continues in a rich vein of form beyond the beautiful game and offers of after dinner speaking, charity golf days & Sky Sports punditary are the usual par for course. But never the BBC.

    Why then, on the basis of such failure, do we, the licence payer and general punter have to suffer the hardships of his ill-educated knowledge of the game, his ineptitude at being a media bod and total inarticulacy.

    Steve, here's a good one, do after dinner speaking at BCFC and raise a few quid for charity. bonzoblue will gladly support your demise...

    Complain about this comment

  • 101. At 03:55am on 11 Feb 2011, Dan Umphray wrote:

    1983-1984 Fareham Town 13 (2)
    1984–1985 Bournemouth 7 (1)
    1985–1988 Weymouth 110 (28)
    1988 Crystal Palace 0 (0)
    1988–1990 Aldershot 62 (19)
    1990–1992 Cambridge United 79 (28)
    1992 Luton Town 16 (2)
    1992–1994 Cambridge United 53 (18)
    1994–1996 Birmingham City 88 (35)
    1996–1998 Leicester City 63 (17)
    1998 → Portsmouth (loan) 10 (2)
    1998 Wolverhampton Wanderers 5 (0)
    1998–2001 Portsmouth 104 (34)
    2001 → Millwall (loan) 6 (3)
    2001–2003 Millwall 85 (26)
    2003–2004 Weymouth 47 (24)
    2004 Brighton & Hove Albion 5 (0)
    2004–2005 Brentford 4 (0)
    2005 → Wycombe Wanderers (loan) 4 (0)
    2005 Wycombe Wanderers 15 (4)
    2005 Millwall 0 (0)
    2005 Gillingham 1 (0)
    2005–2006 Bradford City 26 (5)
    2006 → Walsall (loan) 7 (1)
    2006–2007 Bournemouth 1 (0)
    2007 Worthing 1 (0)
    2007 Harrow Borough 4 (2)
    2009 Weymouth 1 (0)
    Total 817 (251)

    Complain about this comment

  • 102. At 06:43am on 11 Feb 2011, Rangerrob wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 103. At 09:39am on 11 Feb 2011, SW Ranger wrote:

    Hi ummm... Steve....
    Just errr.... listened to another of your uhhhh... video blogs and thought it was a good errrr... time to give you some uhhhh... feedback.
    The graphics looked errr... pretty good and the music was ummmm.. ok
    The camera work was pretty errrr... steady too, as it was errrr.. during last weeks performance. The back room studio setting was errrr.. average and the use of ummmm... low lighting worked for you.
    So errr... all in all... ummmmm.... I think I've covered your video errr... pretty well.
    .... oh hold on.... I forgot about the grey, grey, grey presenter..
    .... absolute PANTS!!!!!
    .... If that's BBC "professional pundetry", pull the flush on Claridge now PLEASE!!!! Total lack of insight on teams, skills, knowledge of teams and players, styles etc. etc. etc. Blah errr.. Blah errr... Blah...

    .... Errrrrr.... Errrrr... Ummmmm..... Errrrr... Whatever happened to autocue?

    Complain about this comment

  • 104. At 10:01am on 11 Feb 2011, Lazarus wrote:

    To be fair to Steve, he's not totally anti-QPR, as I recall he (along with the rest of the BBC "experts" panel) predicted a comfortable win for them before their live home game against Watford on the BBC a couple of months back. The one where Watford thrashed them, that is.

    Complain about this comment

  • 105. At 10:05am on 11 Feb 2011, Grinners67 wrote:

    Clearly you have a chip on your shoulder about QPR (did we not want to sign you or something?). In my opinion you think we have bought our way to the top which of course we haven't. Yes we have signed players which makes a pleasant change for QPR given we have always been a selling club. You do rightly point out that last year we were an average championship side so why not offer praise where its due. You mention Newcastle and WBA almost having a god given right to go up last year because they had the players who had been there and done it. We dont which is again why I think we deserve praise. You and everyone else complained about the merry go round of managers at QPR and we all knew the answer was to appoint someone who would last for more than the time it takes to do up your boots. We've done that and we are a better side for it. This is the championship not La Liga and its hard work and its not going to be pretty. But look at our goal difference, that should tell you everything. So do everyone a favour and try and offer a more balanced opinion. There is still time for us to slip down in to the playoff spots and most QPR fans acknowledge that. But for now we are top through great spirit, management, consistency and belief. We fully deserve to go up!! QPR 3 Forest 0 (we know how to beat Camp)

    Complain about this comment

  • 106. At 10:06am on 11 Feb 2011, bakes8 wrote:

    Classic Claridge one liners #1:

    Manish: 'Now Sheffield Utd have sacked Kevin Blackwell can you think of who could possibly take over there Steve?'

    Steve: 'No'

    Awkward silence

    Manish: 'Ok... On to our next game....'

    Complain about this comment

  • 107. At 11:18am on 11 Feb 2011, qprmatt wrote:

    Claridge, you clearly have a knack for grasping the viewers points especially with QPR, your simple vocab is astounding! keep up the good work mate,



    Complain about this comment

  • 108. At 11:34am on 11 Feb 2011, Bellion-Wonderland wrote:

    Sheff Utd are in a mess because of their cheapskate attitude to the managerial position. Micky Adams has a couple of good seasons about 8/9 years ago at Fulham, Brighton & Leicester and has since failed in every job he's had bar Port Vale which is hardly the level the club should be operating at.

    Brentford - relegated
    Leicester - resigned for failing to get back out of Championship
    Coventry - left for failing to make any sort of promotion challenge
    Brighton - left for failing to make any sort of promotion challenge (league 1)

    Why were they scratching around looking at washed up managers instead of young and upcoming ones.

    Wednesday look to have gone down the same road with Megson who has been sacked for poor performance almost everywhere he's been and hasn't done anything of note since getting WBA promoted a couple of times which again was 6-8 years ago.

    Norwich - sacked for poor performance
    Blackpool - left due to poor performance
    Stockport - left due to failure to gain promotion
    Stoke - unlucky with owners but wasnt pulling up any trees
    WBA - did well for a period then sacked
    Forest - left due to poor performance
    Leicester - barely there, didnt pull up any trees
    Bolton - sacked due to poor performance

    I mean how many times does someone have to fail. They may as well have gone for Harry Bassett & Big Ron

    Complain about this comment

  • 109. At 11:54am on 11 Feb 2011, rangers10 wrote:

    Steve, got the message yet about rangers? You really are a worse pundit than you were player. Delia Smith could give you a run for your money 'BBC Football League Expert'. Do me a favour. 800 games for 15 clubs. By my reckoning that means it took each of them c.54 games to work out how to ship you on. Slightly less long when you went into management.
    Top all season, most wins, least defeats, twice the goal difference of anyone else. But apparently we 'don't operate as a team' unlike Forest (good side) who according to you go '1-0 up and strangle the life out of games'.
    You have no consistency, no logic and no clue. Time gentlemen, please. Too much to expect you to respond to all the banter and apologise for your obvious bias against rangers.

    Complain about this comment

  • 110. At 2:53pm on 11 Feb 2011, Anthony wrote:

    I enjoy your opinions on The Football League Show Steve and I know you have been in football far too long to be upset by someone with a different point of view. Football pundits come and go, but the table never lies. We are not two or three weeks into a season but well into the second half.

    QPR have lead the way for much of the season and have regularly been between 3 and 8 points clear of the bunch. One of the top scoring teams in the Championship; the meanest defence and 15 goals difference more than any other team (thats worth another point, you must admit?).

    The squad has players (at this level) of real genuine class and a manager who has seen it and done it all before. A 61 year old Neil Warnock who still has the enthusiasm of a 10 year old, but with so much talent and experience to compliment it. What a great job he is doing and what a pleasure he is to listen to!

    Your remarks re QPR Steve are not just wide of the post, but over the top of the stand and flying down the White City Estate!

    If QPR are not automatically promoted this term, then I'm a Dutch uncle!

    Regards, Anthony

    Complain about this comment

  • 111. At 3:10pm on 11 Feb 2011, freespeechoneeach wrote:

    Steve's only telling it like it is about QPR. Looking at their form since November, the best of their season might well be behind them.
    I can see this league being wide open until the end. What kind of fan would want it any other way?

    Complain about this comment

  • 112. At 3:22pm on 11 Feb 2011, starstationearth wrote:

    Adams to Sheffield=mistake, he has no real success at that level and the players are harder to re-mould. The expectations of the board and the fans are much higher and the pressure to stay up at least is massive. At Port Vale he was given time to shape the squad to his way of playing and bought in some decent players, they were looking seriously at promotion from league 2 but have slipped badly under Jim Gannon, such was the influence of Adams at that level. Only bad things can come of the move: 1. Sheffield will stuggle to avoid relegation 2. Adams will get sacked if that is the case 3. Port Vale will miss out on automatic promotion and may not even make the playoffs and above all 4. Both sets of fans will suffer! ( as well as the bank balances of the clubs, especially Vale)

    Complain about this comment

  • 113. At 3:58pm on 11 Feb 2011, Courage wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 114. At 5:05pm on 11 Feb 2011, EmeraldRam wrote:

    Apologies Steve. Didn't get round to reading or watching your blog this week. Bore off.

    Complain about this comment

  • 115. At 6:05pm on 11 Feb 2011, Guanajuato wrote:

    Chip on his shoulder? More like an entire frying pan. At least he's bobbing around like a hyperactive nodding dog a little less now.

    Missing from the analysis of United & Wednesday was ANY mention of the two manager's previous links to the clubs, because of course, that will have no bearing on the jobs they do, how the fans take to them or how much leeway they're likely to be given.

    Expert? My wife's more of an expert, and I've had to explain corners & throw-ins to her.

    Complain about this comment

  • 116. At 7:21pm on 11 Feb 2011, Bracknell-Ranger wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 117. At 12:00pm on 12 Feb 2011, arielultra wrote:

    I wonder what Steve is saying? Wouldn't mind finding out, being a Wednesday fan.

    Complain about this comment

  • 118. At 12:17pm on 12 Feb 2011, Rudders wrote:

    Ridiculous statements again from the worst pundit in the game. Not only are his comments untrue they are contradictory.

    Critices us for having games "that are very very even but then just had that bit of extra quality" and then goes on to say "Forest have done it more as a team, how many games of football have we seen forest win 1-0". HANG ON A SECOND that sounds to me like an even game where Forest had a little bit of extra quality.

    Rangers have +31 goal difference. Far better than anyone else. So to say we have not been playing as a team considering the strength of our defensive record and league position is beyond a joke.

    Claridge needs to be spend less team in East Acton bookies and more time reseaarching the game so he is able to pass valid and insighful comments. He is a long way from that

    Will be pleased when we're out of this league so i don' have to put up with him.

    Complain about this comment

  • 119. At 7:38pm on 12 Feb 2011, Barrel of Fun wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 120. At 8:07pm on 12 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 121. At 9:04pm on 12 Feb 2011, eddie money wrote:

    dont worry steve, i still love you thanks to the classic shin shot that sent us up all them years ago :) would prefer to have a readable blog though please! and andy king has been pure class for us this season, hes turning out to be some player! :)

    Complain about this comment

  • 122. At 00:12am on 13 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 123. At 2:01pm on 13 Feb 2011, Terry wrote:

    I support Sheffield Wednesday.
    However, I have a general question.
    Can you explain why any football manager in any division gets the sack for failing in a current job then then gets another job fairly quickly to manage another club.If he gets the sack before the end of his contract also walks away with a nice golden handshake I highlight WBA and Sheffield Wednesday new managers

    Complain about this comment

  • 124. At 9:40pm on 13 Feb 2011, kimsalabim11 wrote:

    Hi Steve,

    With all the trouble regarding Clubs' finances getting seemingly worse throughout the football league, from seeing clubs from the inside, what measures do you think can or need to be taken to avoid clubs either losing their league status due to points reductions, or worse, going out of existence completely?

    Complain about this comment

  • 125. At 11:28am on 14 Feb 2011, jbclaret05 Together lets save Burnley 606 wrote:

    Watched the Football League show Saturday Mr Claridge no mension of Burnleys great run at the moment under Eddie Howe, Why? do you not us or would you rather be baised no disrespect to the Welsh Clubs and Leister City.

    Complain about this comment

  • 126. At 10:08am on 15 Feb 2011, APunchInTheMush wrote:

    Can someone please explain why Claridge is still in a job?? The bloke is effing awful.

    Complain about this comment

  • 127. At 2:55pm on 15 Feb 2011, AJ wrote:

    Wow football pundit gives honest opinion. Shocker

    Of course people have differing opinions, I was at the game on sunday as a neutral with a QPR fan, and watch the FL every week. QPR had a awesome start and since then have been playing ok. I would not be surprised at all if they do not get promoted.

    Clearly if you look at form the best teams in the league are Leicester and Forest, and the entire top 7 have a chance of automatic promotion.

    Stats dont necessarily speak from themselves, sometimes teams are lucky, sometimes they are not, QPR are not clearly the best team in the league, they certainly are close though, but analysing their strengths and weaknesses is his job.

    Complain about this comment

  • 128. At 7:35pm on 15 Feb 2011, barmymick wrote:

    Not their fault they both speak clear english,no point having a geordie, scouse or accent cannot understand aword they say.

    Complain about this comment

  • 129. At 5:35pm on 19 Feb 2011, scott wrote:

    QPR fans should not react to steve's comments. he was at best a lower league player who didn't really win anything of any stature a player like kevin phillips would be more suited to give opinion

    Complain about this comment

View these comments in RSS

More from this blog...

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.