BBC BLOGS - Steve Claridge's video blog

Claridge Kicks Off

Steve Claridge | 10:16 UK time, Thursday, 3 February 2011

Hello, and welcome to 'Claridge Kicks Off', the Football League video blog where Steve Claridge tackles all the big talking points in the Championship, League One and League Two.

This week, Steve analyses an eventful end to the January transfer window and discusses how the lack of money trickling down to the Football League from the big-spenders in the Premier League makes life difficult for cash-strapped clubs.

He looks at Nottingham Forest as an example of a club who used the window to strengthen their squad wisely during the window, and to Preston and Rotherham as sides who battled to keep hold of their best players for very different reasons.

Steve also gives his view on why Derby's Robbie Savage has elected to retire at the end of the season rather than playing lower division football, and reflects on Walsall's surprise 6-1 victory over Bristol Rovers at the bottom of League One.

In order to see this content you need to have both Javascript enabled and Flash Installed. Visit BBC Webwise for full instructions. If you're reading via RSS, you'll need to visit the blog to access this content.

You can submit your questions for Steve below, or contact him on Twitter. He will answer them on a future 'Claridge Kicks Off' rather than posting a reply.

Non-UK users can see a special international version of Steve's video blog here.

Comments

• 1. At 12:05pm on 03 Feb 2011, Franstinchcombe wrote:

Steve, Do you feel despite Bristol Rovers poor form they have enough quality to survive this season? and also following their promotion from league 2 each season they have finished top half, Do you feel the turning point was lennie lawrence leaving as Director of Football or just poor transfer decisions?

• 2. At 12:35pm on 03 Feb 2011, Mike Fagan wrote:

• 3. At 12:46pm on 03 Feb 2011, Storm of Swords wrote:

Jeez I am so sick of coming onto this blog every single week to see people constantly whining about this being a video blog. Its the 21st Century, not everything is in black and white anymore. Whats more do you really think Steve takes notice or cares about your repetitive complaints? Why do the same people come here every week expecting something different? If you can't watch the video then stop clicking on the link.

• 4. At 1:05pm on 03 Feb 2011, diddyt01 wrote:

I would comment but cant view the video. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• 5. At 1:06pm on 03 Feb 2011, 30STMLCFC wrote:

#2 = wrong. I want it.

#3 = it does get annoying doesn't it!

• 6. At 1:10pm on 03 Feb 2011, Feel MaDullTie wrote:

#3. If you don't like reading the negative comments then why do you carry on doing so? You needn't scroll down so far.

The BBC SHOULD listen to our comments as we are paying their wages with the licence fee. I hope I'm not paying for Mr Claridge, I hope mine goes to Mr Attenborough or Mr Craven.

• 7. At 1:15pm on 03 Feb 2011, Adam WBF wrote:

Afternoon Steve, good to see you with your own video blog, I always enjoy your comments on the Football League Show - a show I've actually grown to enjoy MORE than MOTD, simply because I'm becoming disallusioned with the premier league.

I agree about the transfer window, it's ridiculous. Why have one month mid-season to completly destabilise someone's season? Chelsea now, just by splashing £70m in january, have rescued what was threatening to be a bad season, and in the process perhaps destabilised someone else's season. Same with Liverpool prizing Caroll away for such a monster sum - Newcastle have been having a decent season, and Liverpool have been struggling - now in one fell swoop, with some cash being waved, the tables have been reversed. It doesn't seem fair - if you are struggling, you shouldnt have the option to just destabilise someone elses season mid-season and recover yours just by waving some cheques around.

i prefer the rugby method - there is no transfer window, rather one or two-year contracts are signed, and players move at the end of the season. There are people moving mid-season sometimes, but not often between teams in the same league - it's rare that a player will play a match against someone, and then be on the other team come the return fixture later in the season. It also helps, of course, that there is a lot less money in top-level rugby at the moment, and there's even a salary cap in the Premiership at the moment, although French rugby is splashing the cash a lot - and already feeling the effects, with their national team already struggling for strength in depth. I hope rugby sees the mistakes the premier league has made in such things and makes sure it sidesteps those issues.

On Konchesky, as a Fulham fan I saw him last few seasons, excellent player. Shame it didn't work out at Liverpool, Roy obviously bought him as he knew he was a good player, had worked with him before, but for some reason it just didn't happen at Liverpool. Was odd. But he was great, and integral for Fulham, and I think it's only now that the Fulham defence has managed to develop and move on - for a little while, players like Salcido struggled to replace his impact on the game.

Question: In the Bundesliga, they operate a system whereupon the fans own a majority stake (51%) in their club. This leads to better treatment of the fans, low ticket prices, financial stability most of the time, and a good mix of established names and young talent coming through. I'd love to see a system like that here in England. What're your thoughts on it, and would you think a trial or slow introduction into the lower echelons of the football league would be a good idea? Obviously, its worth mentioning that the consortium that bought Crystal Palace recently was fan-led, but not all clubs have a group of rich fans, sadly.

• 8. At 1:18pm on 03 Feb 2011, Adam WBF wrote:

Oh, and come on people, the whining about the video is getting boring. Complaining about costs? I could put together something like this - okay, without perhaps as fancy an opening credits thing - in about ten minutes, for next to nothing. It's interesting, and a little different. Maybe having a text transscript of what is said in the video, for those who can't view the video, would be an idea.

• 9. At 1:45pm on 03 Feb 2011, bakes8 wrote:

How's Abdul Taarabt getting on Steve?

• 10. At 2:01pm on 03 Feb 2011, jonesstrikesback wrote:

If you dont like it, switch it off, you dont want to read it, dont click on it or turn the page. Sadly, I'd love to here Mr claridge rumble on, but video rights dont allow me to access content i guess!!!! I agree with number 8. Can we get some form of transcribe? Or words with moving still pictures to get around it? Or even just take the audio off the VT... or You get it, many ways to skin a cat, could satisfaction bring it back?

• 11. At 2:09pm on 03 Feb 2011, U14334741 wrote:

Video blogs suck

• 12. At 2:29pm on 03 Feb 2011, Peter wrote:

Steve,

Thanks for answering my last question but I have another one to ask you:

To what extent are Sheffield United in danger of being relegated?

Thanks,

BG3

• 13. At 3:05pm on 03 Feb 2011, ItsFootballNotSoccer wrote:

I would love to see the vlog. But being in Australia means I can't see it at all. A tad disappointing as I would be keen to watch.

• 14. At 3:05pm on 03 Feb 2011, Ole ole ole WEMBLEY WEMBLEY - MayhillBoiJACK wrote:

In.
    Writing.
    Please.

• 15. At 3:08pm on 03 Feb 2011, GhodFatherHooper Neil Francis Lennon wrote:

Steve

After Liverpool spending £35m on Andy Carroll, how much do you think Celtics ex Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper is worth, especially after he outscored him last season in a team that just survived relegation??????

• 16. At 3:18pm on 03 Feb 2011, Ramilas1 wrote:

No probs with video blog, in fact it's better than reading a transcript of the same words with the 'err's amd 'em's cut out .... talking/listening is much better, in the same way, as swapping text e-mails or whatever.

I'm not in the UK, but the international version (link under main video still) is fine; guess it cuts out the live action I'm not allowed to see but this one is just under 10 minutes so I doubt there is too much cut. :)

Perhaps those complaining about non-availability haven't read to the bottom and found the international link, DOH!!

• 17. At 3:46pm on 03 Feb 2011, diddyt01 wrote:

• 18. At 4:41pm on 03 Feb 2011, Courage wrote:

I love these idiots with this sense of entitlement. You actually have the nerve to complain about a video blog when obviously there is a market for it? Get over yourselves.

"Wah wah wah I hope my money goes to pay for this guy and not you,"

Get stuffed you turkey. Get off his back. You are just upset because you are going to this blog and can't watch the video because you are at work. Why don't you get back to your little desk job and do what you are being paid to do, rather than come on here and cry and moan about everything.

• 19. At 6:00pm on 03 Feb 2011, bongoal wrote:

Transcript please.............lol

• 20. At 6:01pm on 03 Feb 2011, schmidtforbrains wrote:

• 21. At 6:14pm on 03 Feb 2011, Jeff Legrand wrote:

Hi Steve,

Any chance you could potentially talk about QPR? Have been absolutely flying this season, with a few new/re signings down at the Loft for a final title/promotion push. What do you think, can we go up and can we do it as champions?
    Loftus Road is onlt 19,000 - can it survive in the top flight? Will we have another "team relocation" debacle?
    So much to talk about!

• 22. At 7:07pm on 03 Feb 2011, ObjectOne wrote:

I hate Bear Behaving Badly. His view on the world in no way aligns with mine. I hope my license fee is being spent on Steve Claridge's Vblog and not that anti-social quadruped.

• 23. At 7:10pm on 03 Feb 2011, cmr-oafc wrote:

Have to agree with Post #2

I always click on this expecting something to read and am them reminded its some video so click off it straight away.

• 24. At 8:24pm on 03 Feb 2011, NevarMaor wrote:

Another vote for a written transcript since video not available here (and I'm at home, not work so no bitching complaints - I just don't happen to live in the UK).

• 25. At 9:24pm on 03 Feb 2011, David Rich wrote:

These football managers do make me laugh the constant way they protect their players. I do like Wenger alot and think Cesc is a great player but do me a favor. He talks about him as if he is that innocent 10 year old playing behind his house. He forgets to mention the way he raked down the back or Arteta's calf in the 1st half. They are just so out of the real world these days, they need to show much more respect for each other.

• 26. At 9:42pm on 03 Feb 2011, Feel MaDullTie wrote:

@18. AKA Steve Claridge's boyfriend. I CAN watch the video blog when I like and I can do at work. When you own a large successful company like I do, you can spend 10 minutes of your 12 hour day relaxing on the internet. If I choose to spend my only break listening to Mr Claridge then that is MY choice.

You clearly have no sense of humour, but I guess being rejected for every single job you apply for must be demoralising in your grotty little flat in Beeston or Harehills.

I expect my "experts" at work to know what they are talking about otherwise I show them the door, I expect a global corporation to do the same

• 27. At 9:46pm on 03 Feb 2011, superquad1968 wrote:

1. I like the video blog but I tell ya' what for those that don't why don't we go back to the "good old days" when we couldn't get all this rich content. FYI, that was the "newspaper age". Go read one if you don't like moving pictures.

2. Us international viewers do help pay with the site. It's called advertising. We get it, you don't.

3. To NevarMaor, sorry but I'll bitch to you about being an idiot wherever you are - home or work. There's link so that you can view the international version without footage. If you want to view football highlights, you're out of luck. The BBC does not have the rights to show us those.

• 28. At 10:05pm on 03 Feb 2011, pieface wrote:

Great blog Steve.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on Southend this season? We started the year with 14 new players I think it was, with just the 4 surviving from last season. We were also tipped by many (including yourself if I remember rightly) right at the start of the season that we would struggle and we are currently sitting in 9th position and just 2 points outside the playoffs, so how do you think the rest of the season could pan out for us?

Also you talk about keeping hold of players, we kept one of our key players in Bilel Moshni who has been attracting interest from Premier League and Championship clubs and he will be massive to any kind of success we have this season!

• 29. At 11:58pm on 03 Feb 2011, becchiobacktobarca wrote:

i dont care what format everything is in but with the written format i could sneek a look at work. also i livein the US and cant get the video feed. would it really be that much extra to have both formats?

• 30. At 01:15am on 04 Feb 2011, Aarfy_Aardvark - bring back 606 wrote:

@7 - The fans don't own anything in the Bundesliga, its that no single party can operate with more than 51% of the club. Its to ensure that the team stays true to the local area and doesn't get moved away a la Wimbledon style to MK. A lot of the big clubs in Germany are basically joint-stock companies with big corporate investors.

It was funny seeing Dortmund fans complain this season that 22 euros (about 18 quid) was too expensive for a ticket.

• 31. At 02:02am on 04 Feb 2011, Aarfy_Aardvark - bring back 606 wrote:

Can you imagine if the video was transcribed and/or Steve wrote out all his main points in an article? We would get the same moaning plebs saying its too long to read and Steve's grammar is atrocious.

Its a ten minute video for pete's sake - it basically helps condense all of the issues and questions that Steve wants to raise without writing out extracts of War and Peace. That's the entire point of a v-blog, get with the time you old duffers.

I do like how a commercially successful guy like Rhino wades into Steve's blog every week with the same tripe, yet never actually questions ANY of the points Steve raises in the blog. Nobody is compelling you to watch this, as much as nobody is compelling me to watch reruns of Planet Earth and episodes of Countryfile on Iplayer.

• 32. At 07:07am on 04 Feb 2011, Mick4974 wrote:

Steve,

Now that Forest have strengthened in the transfer window, what are your thoughts on who they have bought in and do you think they can push on and actually get promoted this season. We have been threatening it for so long yet seem to fall at the last hurdle.

• 33. At 09:36am on 04 Feb 2011, artshade wrote:

The reason why the BBC shouldnt use video blogs is that they arent available globally. It's the world wide web - very very annoying the number of things unavailable to non UK residents.

• 34. At 11:52am on 04 Feb 2011, POW - Right in the kisser wrote:

If you read the bottom of the blog, there is a link for overseas viewers!

I've been enjoying this for a number of weeks now, the v-blog format means I can listen to it and get on with other things rather than having to read any more than I have to (I'm not the best reader). Thanks & keep it up, ignore the whingers.

• 35. At 12:37pm on 04 Feb 2011, HOVERBUDDY wrote:

I think the v-blog format is great - plenty of other written sources for those that want that. Saw Konchesky on Tuesday night and he was an obvious influence from the start - Forest's back line had more confidence, and he worked his socks off in what was a pretty tough war of attrition in the second half - big engine, great loan signing.

• 36. At 12:39pm on 04 Feb 2011, JamTay1 wrote:

18. At 4:41pm on 03 Feb 2011, Courage Leeds wrote:

"Wah wah wah I hope my money goes to pay for this guy and not you,"

........................................
    Ha ha a fair point! A lot of us on here are getting our football fix whilst we should be working! Maybe a text under the video would help those of us who have to keep one eye on the boss!

• 37. At 12:52pm on 04 Feb 2011, JamTay1 wrote:

Paul Konchesky was never a Liverpool quality playing in a million years! Sadly another example of the awful reign of Woy!

I am in two minds over Qpr. I would love to see Taarabt playing in the Premier League, but the idea of such a disgusting character as Neil Warnock been in the Premier League turns the stomach a bit.

I would love to see Cardiff get promoted as I'm an admirer of their manager Dave Jones who has shown remarkable strength of character to bounce back from adversity, and has in my opinion done a very good job. That said, If Boothroyd is good enough to play for England, then I am going to go and dust off by boots!

Norwich have impressed me with Grant Holt looking a real handful. I think they could well net a playoff place.

Perhaps a blog on Derby County would be of interest? They are going through a difficult time on and off the pitch.

• 38. At 1:18pm on 04 Feb 2011, Radford Red wrote:

Hi steve. After last seasons exploits which saw forest ultimately fall away from their promising automatic promotion challenge towards the end, many forest fans believe Billy Davies' negative rhetoric around the lack of quality/depth and his publicly declared and well documented belief we were not good enough or ready - both on and off the pitch - to go up, contributed to the teams self belief waining, which some feel led to a dip in form on the pitch costing us a challenge for 2nd place. Now this morning Billy has come out in the local press and said he feels a play off spot is more than achievable, but again thinks automatic spot will prove a step too far for this team.

As a player yourself, do you think this is just mind games to upset our rivals or is he being honest, albeit too publicly? Do you think this kind of public deprecation actually can affect the players' form on the pitch?

Thanks...

• 39. At 2:46pm on 04 Feb 2011, Mickypne_now29 wrote:

Steve Claridge, i wouldnt listen to anything he says, by far one of the anti-North commentators ive ever seen.

• 40. At 4:03pm on 04 Feb 2011, PP-Proud_Preston-PP wrote:

• 41. At 5:39pm on 04 Feb 2011, football first wrote:

For some reason known only to himself Claridge dislikes Preston intensely. He's a complete T*t. What he knows about football wouldn't cover a postage stamp.

• 42. At 5:42pm on 04 Feb 2011, football first wrote:

Wonder why my post was removed? Perhaps getting to him?

• 43. At 6:58pm on 04 Feb 2011, SuperSonic4 wrote:

Can we have a text only view please? Or even a link to a transcript? Words are easier since I can have other things happening in the background.

• 44. At 7:43pm on 04 Feb 2011, bakes8 wrote:

Preston? Nah, he hates Qpr more.

Abdul Taarabt? Sigh

• 45. At 9:45pm on 04 Feb 2011, NorthEndFan_in_wales wrote:

i find claridge to be boring, we are losing 606 and yet we get claridge reading a script on a video log, i'd rather watch Savage, at least he has passion, even if its not always good! i've not seen him have a true unbiased opinion of his own, which as a "member" of the media he should be showing, he only routes for the teams that he played for. its a shame that he ruins one of the better programmes on the BBC with his blatant disregard for certain teams in the championship, at least Rosenior doesn't constantly read his opinion from his script in front of him.

• 46. At 9:56pm on 04 Feb 2011, NorthEndFan_in_wales wrote:

so on watching the segment about north end, we got 30secs about north end and the rest about his days at leicester? touting for an invite to Sven's party??

• 47. At 10:24pm on 04 Feb 2011, dave wrote:

Very pleased to see we now have an international version of the blog. Now that means I dont have to keep whinging about the fact I cant watch it. Instead though, I can now whinge, in a fully-informed way, about the fact that Mr Claridge's blog really is a waste of 10 minutes.

Absolutely no insight, nothing except entirely predictable and obvious comments. If you want the comments of 'the man down the pub' then fine, but in that case ask the man down the pub. No need to pay someone good money to pretend to be him.

• 48. At 11:18pm on 04 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

snog , marry or avoid?

id lick his bum

• 49. At 11:22pm on 04 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

JUST SPOKE ATE A PLUM, YAKULT, AND TOUCHED A MITRE DELTA BALL. I AM STILL HUNGRY FOR A KEBAB AND MAYO. LOL

• 50. At 11:27pm on 04 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

JUST ATE A ROACH
    CARP=SWEETCORN
    PIKE=DEAD BAIT
    TENCH=?
    CHICKENS=WORMS
    PERCH=WORMS
    CATS=MICE
    STEVE=TRANSFER DEADLINE
    DOGS=RABBITS
    LION=RED MEAT

• 51. At 10:11am on 05 Feb 2011, EamonHolmes wrote:

Any chance of renaming this column "Claridge Clears Off" and he is the most unintelligent, boring and biased "pundit" on TV/Radio.
    Retire, resign, get sacked, suspended ... whatever, just CLEAR OFF.

• 52. At 1:05pm on 05 Feb 2011, spencerqpr wrote:

• 53. At 1:31pm on 05 Feb 2011, spencerqpr wrote:

I have just found out that my true views on Mr Claridge are not allowed to be printed on this page.So i think Mr Claridge is a Kind Nice Ordinary Bloke-Head....It appears that he don't like QPR and cannot be bothered to even pronounce our star players name correctly.Just for the record - QPR fans don't like you much either Mr Claridge.

• 54. At 2:44pm on 05 Feb 2011, freespeechoneeach wrote:

Once again, a very good blog, thanks Steve.
    The best pundit on BBC by far. Ignore the moaners, our kid.

• 55. At 2:59pm on 05 Feb 2011, Ranger1985 wrote:

• 56. At 3:39pm on 05 Feb 2011, dependabledennis-606_must_stay wrote:

Very few on here care what steve thinks, I'd rather our money was spent on keeping 606 than no marks like steve or larow.

• 57. At 3:49pm on 05 Feb 2011, jeffroQPR wrote:

• 58. At 4:18pm on 05 Feb 2011, Stanley76 wrote:

• 59. At 7:25pm on 05 Feb 2011, Stanley76 wrote:

Steve, have you read and heard the comments on 606 and 5live extra yesterday about you regarding your comments on QPR?

Even if you think it is just about the money we've spent, (which it patently isnt e.g. look at cardiff, forest, boro's spending), I would like to ask how you would explain us not going up anytime over the last 3 seasons, as we've had just as much money then. Very strange how you dont once mention the impact of Neil Warnock this season. It seems pretty obvious now that you have some kind of anti-QPR hidden agenda. So much for impartial BBC journalism. Is this what our licence fees pay for? Its quite laughable really.

• 60. At 7:28pm on 05 Feb 2011, Forest fan in Ireland wrote:

A note to Pulpgrape.

Maybe there's a reason people moan about it being a video blog?

I follow Forest as you can tell by my name. However I can't watch the video as the BBC, in their infinite wisdom (and maybe something to do with copyright?), stop it being shown outside the UK. So it upsets me and probably many others who live outside the UK and want to keep up with their teams, that I can't watch something to hear what's said. Believe me I'd rather watch a video blog than read one - it's so much eaiser but I can't.

An option to read a text version would be good for those of us who can't watch.

And if Steve doesn't take notice or care, as you suggest, that his words aren't getting out to his audience then maybe he has nothing to say worth listening to but we won't know as we can't get to see what he says.

Freedom of speech and freedom of the press seem to be something that's being forgotten.

• 61. At 9:04pm on 05 Feb 2011, Snodders23 wrote:

Anybody noticed how Manish makes some pretty obvious statements on The Football League Show e.g. if a team thrashes another team he might say something like 'that team's manager will be happy for sure'. What's that all about?

• 62. At 9:23pm on 05 Feb 2011, QPRJAMES79 wrote:

Steve, was at the Reading game last night. I hear you thought that QPR don't have team spirit? Do you stand by that statement?

• 63. At 11:25pm on 05 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

just watched teresa takes 10", as fake as this blog

• 64. At 11:36pm on 05 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

robbie savage was ace tonite,lol £118 to fill up his car! top bloke and great pundit.

• 65. At 11:38pm on 05 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

• 66. At 11:47pm on 05 Feb 2011, BlueUnderground wrote:

Steve, if you spend your Saturdays as I imagine you do, sat with Brighty in Manish's hot-tub prank calling the Redknapps, who is the first to crack?

Is it:

A) Jamie
    B) Louise
    C) Harry
    D) No-name Redknapp who just gets invited round to make up the numbers for Wii Tennis?

Let me know Steve, I've got a tenner in Louise.

Cheers.

• 67. At 11:53pm on 05 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

• 68. At 11:54pm on 05 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

steve, full fat or semi?

• 69. At 11:55pm on 05 Feb 2011, BlueUnderground wrote:

'on Louise'. No disrespect meant, the woman is an angel.

Steve, now that times are tough and even Jamie & Lou have had to Thomas Cook it, we could all use a few extra pennies.

With that in mind, my Nan has a caravan site in Great Yarmouth. She says if you could do Sundays in the car park, she'd give you £5.50 an hour and she'd do your sandwiches. Think about it Steve. (There's a little cabin if it rains.)

Let me know Steve. There's interest in this.

Cheers.

• 70. At 00:04am on 06 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

steve, you have been in game a long time and rubbed up with the games finest, but your blog is lacking contreversy! c'mon steve 'out' a player before The Sun does, give the beeb a scoop!

• 71. At 00:05am on 06 Feb 2011, BlueUnderground wrote:

Quick Steve, Richard Keys will take a fiver.

You have an hour.

Cheers.

• 72. At 00:08am on 06 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

is steve clapidge working tonight?

• 73. At 09:13am on 06 Feb 2011, BlueUnderground wrote:

Steve, when you're sat home alone and the flakes from your garage bought steak and ale slice are spiralling towards your navel like sad, brown snowflakes in a desperate race with your own tears, are you thinking 'Football; not really important, is it? I've wasted my life.?

Also, Charlton are good aren't they? Up the Addicks!

Let me know, Steve.

Cheers.

• 74. At 09:20am on 06 Feb 2011, Scott Jones wrote:

Hi Steve, great to see you by the bookies near Russell Square again. Now obviously you are still hurt by Neil Warnock abandoning you as a child and you having to fend for yourself in the welsh valleys until you were 13 (hence your hatred of QPR and utter love of all things Welsh). Anyways, as a betting man, despite your unprofessional constant abuse of The Hoops...how much have you wacked on us being Champions this year? And what odds did you get? Hopefully, your winnings can pay for the much needed counselling to get over what Neil did to you.

• 75. At 2:38pm on 06 Feb 2011, RangerCol wrote:

Steve, I have just listened to you on the bbc as an "expert" on the Swansea v Cardiff game. Yet again you show how biased you are when it comes to commenting on QPR!! You hate giving us any praise and always say we're only top because of the money we've spent etc. That's complete tosh. We haven't spent that much money. We are top because we are the best team, it's as simple as that. It's obvious you have a problem with QPR and your biased comments are completely unprofessional!!

• 76. At 2:45pm on 06 Feb 2011, RangerCol wrote:

Steve, what do you make of all the complaints against you concerning your hatred of all things QPR? Don't suppose you care really do you? As you're so thick you probably don't get it!! I truly hope we make you eat humble pie come the end of the season!

• 77. At 2:58pm on 06 Feb 2011, ChrisQPR89 wrote:

• 78. At 4:20pm on 06 Feb 2011, jbclaret05 Together lets save Burnley 606 wrote:

Mr Claridge i think you very baised towards ur old teams and the Welsh Clubs you never have anything nice to say about Burnley who are a lot better than half your old mainly Millwall and Leicester please show a bit respect for my club instead of being so totally Baised towards your old teams and the Welsh Clubs.

• 79. At 4:58pm on 06 Feb 2011, ArthurFuxache wrote:

It's obvious why Steve doesn't mention QPR,like most people who know an ounce about football Forest and Cardiff will gain auto pro,QPR will lose out in the play offs,their form since xmas has already dropped and Forest will do you next Sunday and in form Ipswich should do you the following Tuesday,but good luck anyway.

• 80. At 5:11pm on 06 Feb 2011, markiemark wrote:

• 81. At 5:28pm on 06 Feb 2011, BigSean247 wrote:

if you live outside the uk, you likely dont pay a license fee, so your not really entitled to watch or look at everything on here. the adverts that are on the international version probably cost in against the back office systems that publish the pages you can see. as for people going on and on about it being a video blog.. tough for ctrying out loud.. theres a fair few football blogs on here...

agree with the lose of 606 tho...shame

• 82. At 5:33pm on 06 Feb 2011, Stuart Newberry wrote:

There is a real tragedy happening at Plymouth Argyle and Steve's report about the problems we had during the transfer window only compound the poor leadership of the club which is being led into administration and possibly even liquidation. To all football fans, this could happen to your team. Just a 2/3 years ago we were cited as the model club in terms of its financial management. Please support the supporters Trust http://www.argyletrust.com/ and spread the word via Twitter #savepafc

• 83. At 7:03pm on 06 Feb 2011, jeffroQPR wrote:

Steve, Just to let you know, as much as you hate it.. QPR ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE...We are going up, probably along with Forest, so 3 words ........... " Deal With It"
    How you can go on ablut QPR spending money.... Mackie £400,000, ADEL ( not Abdul) Taarabt £100,0000 Derry Free, Hill Free, Kenny £750,000 ...So please tell me when Middlesboro, Forest, CArdiff, Hull And Leicester spend millions, you dont mention that.

I know you're a little on the dim side, but surely you must have understood by now as many of the Rangers' fans have now told you.

You wont have to mention us at all next season as we wont be in this poxy league, so enjoy why you can..

• 84. At 7:37pm on 06 Feb 2011, I Am Unicorn_ Kid wrote:

Comments on savages loan to Brighton aren't accurate as that was 2 years ago, Poor blog as per Steve.

• 85. At 10:36pm on 06 Feb 2011, luke1978 wrote:

watching german masters, rather watch steve playing lol

• 86. At 11:47pm on 06 Feb 2011, shuhel wrote:

what is the point of showing a championship match at the same time as a premiership match there will be far less viewers.

• 87. At 07:34am on 08 Feb 2011, Jeff Legrand wrote:

Sorry Steve - didn't mean to start a QPr onslaught on you. But judging by how many fans are piping up who have noticed you not give us a mention surely makes it time to reconsider? we've been top pretty much all season, a superb goal difference and even with injuries have a good enough squad to step in. We've spent more money redecorating the hospitality at Loftus Road than on players. give us a mention!

• 88. At 9:40pm on 08 Feb 2011, bakes8 wrote:

This weeks blog 'CLARIDGE PRAISES QPR'

No I didn't think so either.

'Qpr expect to go up because of all the money they have spent'? What a nonse comment... How about £3.5m Sheff Utd paid for Ched Evans, £3m Leicester paid for Martyn Waghorn..... Where are these sides in the league?

You really dont have a clue do you Steve.

• 89. At 3:51pm on 11 Feb 2011, Courage wrote:

@ 26 RhinoW

I hope you come back and read this, because I want to tell you that you are a complete and utter tool.

"Oh no, someone made fun of me, let me try and brag about how I own some crappy business!" Umm, who cares? If telling that to everyone you meet is how you validate your pathetic existence, well who I am to stop you, but you can at least shut up.

So you work a 12 hr day and take a 10 minute break? Oooh, you poor thing. Maybe you should spend it more wisely, then, than going to Steve's blog every week and trying to slate him? How pathetic can you be. You must be a horrible person to be around in real life.

Oh and third, I don't live anywhere near those towns you mentioned. I live in Montevideo, Uruguay, and I spend most of my day lounging on the beach because I have been successful in my business endeavors and have opted instead to cash in and enjoy a laid back family life next to the sunny South American waters.

Have fun working for another 10 hrs today while I close up my shop, eat a mango, smoke my pipe, bask in the sunlight, take the dogs for a walk, play a game of beach futbol, ride my motorcycle down the coast, cook for my family and have a few glasses of wine -- while you sit here and work on developing ulcers from your rage at Steve Claridge's blog.

You make it too easy.