BBC BLOGS - The Special 1's blog
« Previous | Main | Next »

Cows staying in the field

Post categories:

The Special 1 | 12:02 UK time, Friday, 22 October 2010

The Special 1

Watch the first episode by clicking here and then read the latest blog!

Welcome to my Special blog. It's been a big week for the Special 1 with the highlight being my fantastic win over AC Milan. Unbeaten in first 10 games.

Very nice. Lots of you have been asking me how I have managed to control the Ronaldo, keeping his track-back in step. For me this is obvious. Managing players is like managing cows. Great cows, in a great field, with a great farmer = great milk.

But some cows are unhappy with their field and their farmer. These cows long to be in the great field with the great farmer. So time comes when they must open the gate and move to other field to be with other champion cows. Only then can this cow produce fantastic milk. And eventually when mediocre farmer has retired, the great farmer comes to mediocre farm bringing champion cows home and turns mediocre field into champion farm once again.

I have also been accused unfairly this week, of taking sides in the Rooney and Mr Alex affair which as of now has all ended well. But As my voice messages testify, I had not taken any sides at anytime. Listen. Do it.

In order to see this content you need to have both Javascript enabled and Flash installed. Visit BBC Webwise for full instructions. If you're reading via RSS, you'll need to visit the blog to access this content.

Meanwhile, you have have been twitpicing me senseless all week. This pic comes in from Johno. He says: 'Do I think the recent events at Man United will have a long term effect on the Boy Rooney and that he will end up looking like this in 20 years?'.

Wayne Rooney and the Emperor from Star Wars

Wayne Rooney in 20 years?

Johno, I think this is what the Boy would have looked like if he decided to go to the dark side. But looks like he'll be keeping his red lightsaber for now at least.

The Special 1 has also been keeping his eye on Liverpool as they race to the bottom of the league with new big boss. And it is regrettable that we barely got to know the Hodgson on Special 1 Tv but Roy if you wait a few weeks, a position may come available at Leicester.

Tom from Brixton asks, 'What are the chances Jose of you taking over at Liverpool?'. Tom, Liverpool FC suits my MO perfectly - I go to fantastic club in decline, I reinvent fantastic club to become great again and I take credit for making fantastic club fantastic once more. It's simple. But unfortunately Liverpool can't afford me. Besides I don't want Raffa's sloppy seconds when I'm being groomed for another job. (Read: cow bit above).

Finally you have been doing it to me like crazy on the BBC blog, BBC3 pages and the Twitter.

Special tweets of the week

@redders_7 : Jose I hear @TheBoyLike may be on his way to Real Madrid to join u and @PuppetRonnie... your special thoughts on this?

@mattsix: very nice with the scarves today. #specialscarve

@Marcotti: Really impressed with Real tonight. Very mature performance. Kudos to JM.

@special1tv: shut up @marcotti

@julescarbonara: If Arsene Wenger married Darth Vader would his new name be Arsene Vader? Better not let him in the changing room after the game!

@Im_Partial: Milk beats eggs tonight...4-0 and it's not even HT!

Don't forget to keep doing it to me here there and everywhere. Watch out for a new episode of Special 1 Tv next week on the BBC3 and BBC online.

So as you've no doubt heard, the cows are staying in the field. But it remains to be seen whether the events this week will have a long term effect on the other cows and the farmer and will they turn once beautiful milk into lumpy buttery mess.

Be Champions.

Comments

or register to comment.

  • 1. At 2:01pm on 22 Oct 2010, broly wrote:

    please stop

    Complain about this comment

  • 2. At 2:11pm on 22 Oct 2010, jacksofbuxton wrote:

    http://robborobson.blogspot.com/

    http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Blogs/ChrisCharles/0,,10794~2112418,00.html

    Complain about this comment

  • 3. At 2:13pm on 22 Oct 2010, Amanbro wrote:

    Thanks for the links jacksofbuxton.

    Complain about this comment

  • 4. At 2:15pm on 22 Oct 2010, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:

    "The rubbery stars of BBC3's 'Special 1 Tv' are back and they are even more amazing, even more fantastic and even more incredible than ever before"

    Which isn't hard.

    Robbo got replaced by this? BBC, you're having a laugh...

    Complain about this comment

  • 5. At 2:27pm on 22 Oct 2010, Ciderman88 wrote:

    How QOTW ROTW and Robbo got replaced by this garbage il never no... BBC sort yourselfs out!

    Complain about this comment

  • 6. At 2:27pm on 22 Oct 2010, ShawlyNotUnited wrote:

    i don't usually comment..
    but what a load of rubbish this is, i feel like i've wasted my time..

    Complain about this comment

  • 7. At 2:32pm on 22 Oct 2010, CoalitionOfTheWilting wrote:

    Wayne Rooney, Rooney,
    He kisses the badge on his chest,
    Then hands in a transfer request,
    Wayne Rooney, Rooney!

    Complain about this comment

  • 8. At 2:46pm on 22 Oct 2010, oldstafford wrote:

    Awful, absolutely awful... bring back Chris Charles and Robbo please?!!
    You're on BBC3 for a reason.

    Complain about this comment

  • 9. At 2:48pm on 22 Oct 2010, Sport blog hosts - wrote:

    Hello,

    Thanks for posting, and we do appreciate your views. Having said that, there has already been a long-running discussion about the Robbo and Chris Charles blogs on the Sport Editors Blog back in May; any further dsicussion about this on this blog is off-topic, which is against house rules, so will be removed. You are always welcome to send feedback to sport.online@bbc.co.uk.

    Thanks,

    Sport Blogs host

    Complain about this comment

  • 10. At 2:56pm on 22 Oct 2010, waldovski wrote:

    This is just....weird.

    I give you the fact that the episodes are mildly entertaining, but everything else is just awkward.

    Complain about this comment

  • 11. At 2:58pm on 22 Oct 2010, Gingermanny wrote:

    Not sure what the problem is with some of you. Yes Robbo is no longer on the BBC but is still doing his entertaing best via his own blog.

    I for one am glad to see 'The Special One' on the BBC. I remember his 5-10 minute spots which were on Setanta, 'I'm on Setanta Sports' and found them hugely entertaining. I just hope the BBC aren't trying to claim credit for the idea thats all.

    Complain about this comment

  • 12. At 3:00pm on 22 Oct 2010, Gingermanny wrote:

    P.S. Shut up Sven!

    Complain about this comment

  • 13. At 3:04pm on 22 Oct 2010, CoalitionOfTheWilting wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 14. At 3:08pm on 22 Oct 2010, B wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 15. At 3:11pm on 22 Oct 2010, ChocolateBoxKid wrote:

    Must do better BBC, a LOT better.

    Complain about this comment

  • 16. At 3:11pm on 22 Oct 2010, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 17. At 3:14pm on 22 Oct 2010, Global_Inc wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 18. At 3:14pm on 22 Oct 2010, CoalitionOfTheWilting wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 19. At 3:21pm on 22 Oct 2010, Brummerdickens wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 20. At 3:21pm on 22 Oct 2010, Gingermanny wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 21. At 3:22pm on 22 Oct 2010, shanewexford wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 22. At 3:23pm on 22 Oct 2010, Peter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 23. At 3:25pm on 22 Oct 2010, Closealdo wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 24. At 3:25pm on 22 Oct 2010, Gingermanny wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 25. At 3:25pm on 22 Oct 2010, freddawlanen wrote:

    Clearly a lot of people have no taste whatsoever, not even a sense of humour, the "Special 1" is infinitely better than Robbo ever was, though you should bring back Quotes Of The Week, why was it cancelled?

    Complain about this comment

  • 26. At 3:27pm on 22 Oct 2010, Flux Redux wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 27. At 3:29pm on 22 Oct 2010, IUTBDBNID wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 28. At 3:32pm on 22 Oct 2010, LondonBristolian wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 29. At 3:33pm on 22 Oct 2010, Pharaoh_of_the_Devils wrote:

    To be honest, BBC, I personally found Robbo's blog better but that is just my opinion....bladegunner3....it isn't communism.

    This will just take some getting used to and if that isn't good enough for you than do go on this link published by jacksofbuxton: http://robborobson.blogspot.com/

    It may turn out to be the best thing that has ever happened. Just wait.
    Also...could the BBC bring back quotes of the week because that was very enjoyable to read and I believe I speak for everyone when I say this.

    Back to the topic....not sure I understand the first bit but I get your gist. The managers have had a strange dairy metaphoric time with big players being the subject. Just shows you how much managers care (or have gone made or both)

    Complain about this comment

  • 30. At 3:39pm on 22 Oct 2010, Gingermanny wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 31. At 3:45pm on 22 Oct 2010, West London Blues wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 32. At 3:51pm on 22 Oct 2010, tone1947 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 33. At 3:54pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    @Closealdo "Can't wait to see the next episode given what's gone on today."

    This was my point on the last one before i got modded - the special one episodes are decent, amusing in there own way, and im happy to watch them, its this accompaying 'blog' that goes with it that is poor quality. Is it meant to be comedy? as i cant really find any jokes in this.

    Also arent blogs by their nature designed to encourage discussions; otherwise it would jsut be an aricle, and the first 'blog' had 65 comments, and this one has 30 so far, and as far as i can tell 90% of those are people either slating or defendingt he blog - no actual discussion seems to have taken place.

    Complain about this comment

  • 34. At 3:55pm on 22 Oct 2010, tone1947 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 35. At 3:57pm on 22 Oct 2010, Leedsmpj wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 36. At 4:00pm on 22 Oct 2010, captainbennett wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 37. At 4:01pm on 22 Oct 2010, bluehellsbells wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 38. At 4:05pm on 22 Oct 2010, chief_chirpa wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 39. At 4:05pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 40. At 4:08pm on 22 Oct 2010, armamentarium stultorum wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 41. At 4:10pm on 22 Oct 2010, ancelottiforprimeminister wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 42. At 4:11pm on 22 Oct 2010, wehateowls wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 43. At 4:11pm on 22 Oct 2010, RubberNutz wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 44. At 4:13pm on 22 Oct 2010, Brownslimy wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 45. At 4:14pm on 22 Oct 2010, RubberNutz wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 46. At 4:15pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    @Brownslimy

    I was there that time you sat on a bench, and that was really funny. The way you moved from standing to sitting was hilarious ;)

    Complain about this comment

  • 47. At 4:16pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 48. At 4:20pm on 22 Oct 2010, Sport blog hosts - wrote:


    BaggieMike, you're right to point out: "the first 'blog' had 65 comments, and this one has 30 so far, and as far as i can tell 90% of those are people either slating or defendingt he blog - no actual discussion seems to have taken place."

    Very true. All the Sport blogs are indeed intended to spark debate. If you want to talk about any of the issues in the blog please comment here. Otherwise, please direct your feedback to sport.online@bbc.co.uk.

    As I wrote earlier, all other comments will be considered off-topic and removed.

    Thanks.


    Complain about this comment

  • 49. At 4:22pm on 22 Oct 2010, RubberNutz wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 50. At 4:23pm on 22 Oct 2010, Brownslimy wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 51. At 4:27pm on 22 Oct 2010, chief_chirpa wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 52. At 4:29pm on 22 Oct 2010, Rob04 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 53. At 4:30pm on 22 Oct 2010, SS11 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 54. At 4:31pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 55. At 4:33pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    @ 53 SS11

    Its a convoluted mick take of fergie talking about rooney in cow and field terms that he did earlier this week before wayne did a Roo-turn (oh eyah heard that ont he radio). Just goes on for so long that it doesn't really makes sense. (look sport blog host a post regarding the 'blog' and on topic)

    Complain about this comment

  • 56. At 4:33pm on 22 Oct 2010, RubberNutz wrote:

    creative spelling from SS11 there. Don't normally condone that sort of thing but in this case I'll make an exception.

    Complain about this comment

  • 57. At 4:34pm on 22 Oct 2010, SS11 wrote:

    To have any discussion, one needs to understand what is the message that writer is trying to sell to his readers. This metaphorising with cows and milk just doesnt make any sense to me.

    Complain about this comment

  • 58. At 4:36pm on 22 Oct 2010, SS11 wrote:

    Ohh! It was on BBC radio.
    Mike, I dont have access to BBC radio in India. And I thank God for that.

    Complain about this comment

  • 59. At 4:37pm on 22 Oct 2010, RubberNutz wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 60. At 4:38pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    Paraphrase of cow/milk

    Jose = awesome
    Rooney = unhappy
    Jose will take rooney to RM and make him awesome
    Fergie is poor
    United = declining
    Jose will be next Utd manager and make them awesome by taking rooney back there.

    Complain about this comment

  • 61. At 4:38pm on 22 Oct 2010, RubberNutz wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 62. At 4:38pm on 22 Oct 2010, Peter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 63. At 4:43pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 64. At 4:44pm on 22 Oct 2010, boromad92 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 65. At 4:44pm on 22 Oct 2010, Dempsey_for_Prime_Minister wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 66. At 4:48pm on 22 Oct 2010, Brownslimy wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 67. At 4:48pm on 22 Oct 2010, freddawlanen wrote:

    "no discussion has taken place because no-one has come in to make a counter argument. i.e. everyone thinks this is dross."

    Try reading some of the posts ;)
    Special 1 TV is now the funniest thing on the site (not that that's too difficult), but it seems to either fly over the heads of most, or most just have no sense of humour.

    Complain about this comment

  • 68. At 4:48pm on 22 Oct 2010, Flux Redux wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 69. At 4:49pm on 22 Oct 2010, yajustdonsavethose wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 70. At 4:50pm on 22 Oct 2010, Brownslimy wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 71. At 4:50pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 72. At 4:53pm on 22 Oct 2010, BaggieMike wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 73. At 4:53pm on 22 Oct 2010, Yasin wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 74. At 4:53pm on 22 Oct 2010, blogdignag wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 75. At 4:55pm on 22 Oct 2010, blogdignag wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 76. At 4:56pm on 22 Oct 2010, West London Blues wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 77. At 4:56pm on 22 Oct 2010, Eddies Gonna Get Ya wrote:

    Absolutely Brilliant!! Thank you BBC, I used to love Special 1 TV on Setanta, even got the wife watching it! So pleased it's back, and loving the blog!

    Complain about this comment

  • 78. At 4:56pm on 22 Oct 2010, chief_chirpa wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 79. At 4:57pm on 22 Oct 2010, blogdignag wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 80. At 5:00pm on 22 Oct 2010, blogdignag wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 81. At 5:02pm on 22 Oct 2010, MrBlueBurns wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 82. At 5:06pm on 22 Oct 2010, Captain Cook wrote:

    I find special1TV entertaining and amusing, more so than its so called ''predecessors'' which I also enjoyed. The real problem is balance. The Beeb should consult a bit more. Having said that I'm still waiting for Arlene to return to Strictly.
    If the Rooney puppet is hilarious and I'm a scouser. But watch out that there will another Man U member banning interviews with the BBC.

    Complain about this comment

  • 83. At 5:06pm on 22 Oct 2010, gunner-zp - Jack Wilshere is God wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 84. At 5:10pm on 22 Oct 2010, Peter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 85. At 5:19pm on 22 Oct 2010, chief_chirpa wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 86. At 5:20pm on 22 Oct 2010, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 87. At 5:24pm on 22 Oct 2010, Peter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 88. At 5:29pm on 22 Oct 2010, QPRyan wrote:

    Hate to sound like a nerd, but two things:

    1) Manchester United IS the dark side.
    2) Red lightsabers are only used by Sith. Thus reinforcing my statement above.

    I'd also like to point out that this whole mini-saga has been pitiful. I am so glad the club I support is free of this primadonnadrama.

    Complain about this comment

  • 89. At 5:41pm on 22 Oct 2010, Peter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 90. At 5:43pm on 22 Oct 2010, West London Blues wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 91. At 5:51pm on 22 Oct 2010, Rupert P Matley wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 92. At 6:00pm on 22 Oct 2010, waldovski wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 93. At 6:01pm on 22 Oct 2010, chief_chirpa wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 94. At 6:03pm on 22 Oct 2010, Jim Renshaw wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 95. At 6:04pm on 22 Oct 2010, Murder_She_ wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 96. At 6:05pm on 22 Oct 2010, Flux Redux wrote:

    This is the funniest thing I have seen in ages.
    Keep up the good work.
    I'm sure others feel the same way.
    When is it on TV?

    Complain about this comment

  • 97. At 6:05pm on 22 Oct 2010, Murder_She_ wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 98. At 6:08pm on 22 Oct 2010, Jim Renshaw wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 99. At 6:13pm on 22 Oct 2010, Riggadon wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 100. At 6:20pm on 22 Oct 2010, Riggadon wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 101. At 6:30pm on 22 Oct 2010, l1bertine wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 102. At 6:40pm on 22 Oct 2010, Riggadon wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 103. At 6:44pm on 22 Oct 2010, ScholesTheGingerPrince wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 104. At 6:55pm on 22 Oct 2010, Murder_She_ wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 105. At 6:56pm on 22 Oct 2010, Evil-Weazel wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 106. At 7:25pm on 22 Oct 2010, LCFC_Playoffwinners wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 107. At 7:27pm on 22 Oct 2010, Murder_She_ wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 108. At 7:41pm on 22 Oct 2010, Rob04 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 109. At 7:43pm on 22 Oct 2010, waldovski wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 110. At 7:45pm on 22 Oct 2010, Peter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 111. At 7:46pm on 22 Oct 2010, Peter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 112. At 7:47pm on 22 Oct 2010, Chris wrote:

    Don't listen to these guys, as always very funny.

    Complain about this comment

  • 113. At 7:47pm on 22 Oct 2010, lancer01 wrote:

    With a few exceptions, people here seem to have had a humour-vasectomy. (Not that a vasectomy would make you laugh ....) The Special One on TV is very funny, I recommend you watch it. We only get the briefest glimpse here.

    So, keep your chipper up - nothing can have been funnier than the Roo / SAF pantomime - he's gone .... will he ever come back? .... behind you!

    Sir Alex was so right to talk about pantomime cows - who's the rear-end now? Answers on a cow-pat.

    Complain about this comment

  • 114. At 7:58pm on 22 Oct 2010, waldovski wrote:

    Dear BBC. Since I last got modded, I have seen the errors of my ways. I now realise how brilliant this show is, and would like to get involved in discussion that is relevant to the blog and that does not break the House rules. And it is all thanks to your excellent moderation.

    First of all, let me complement you on this very, very funny blog. The metaphor of the cows and farmers totally worked. The Special One must have really got his hopes of getting The Boy high, but as always, the Special One saw this coming and predicted that the cow will stay in the farm. He's not the Special One for nothing!

    Finally I would like to tell you that I love Big Brother. I'm ready for my bullet.

    Complain about this comment

  • 115. At 8:02pm on 22 Oct 2010, emperorstev wrote:

    well the blog didn't do much for me, but the number of comments that have been deleted made me laugh like a war criminal. more of the same please.

    Complain about this comment

  • 116. At 8:03pm on 22 Oct 2010, mattyp wrote:

    At 4:20pm on 22 Oct 2010, Sport blog hosts wrote:


    BaggieMike, you're right to point out: "the first 'blog' had 65 comments, and this one has 30 so far, and as far as i can tell 90% of those are people either slating or defendingt he blog - no actual discussion seems to have taken place."

    Very true. All the Sport blogs are indeed intended to spark debate. If you want to talk about any of the issues in the blog please comment here. Otherwise, please direct your feedback to sport.online@bbc.co.uk.

    As I wrote earlier, all other comments will be considered off-topic and removed.

    Thanks.
    ----------------------------------------------------

    But this isint a sports blog, its a blog written by a guy pretending to be a rubber puppet of the manager of Real Madrid. I like Special 1 tv, its good in five minute chunks, however this has no place here, this needs to be on the bbc 3 website not in the sports section.

    I'll say it again, maybe the idiots who are letting this website go to the dogs with rubbish like this will get it. (i'll even say it in capitals for empthasis

    A MAN PRETENDING TO BE A RUBBER PUPPET VERSION OF JOSE MOURINHO HAS NO PLACE ON THE BBC SPORTS PAGE, SHIP THIS RUBBISH TO THE BBC 3 WEBSITE

    Complain about this comment

  • 117. At 8:11pm on 22 Oct 2010, lancer01 wrote:

    As an aside, there are more farming analogies this week - Roberto di Matteo compares managing to hay-farming - he's making hay now, he claims, though what he knows about farming is not clear to me.

    Maybe Sir A of Old Trafford should have referred to a bull rather than a cow - sometimes maybe a cow sees a bull she prefers in a another field and thinks that might be preferable - but ultimately she decides against it and returns to the seasoned old bull who satisfies even if he doesn't excite .... or maybe it's about how much hay can be made ....

    Which, I suppose, characterises W Rooney as a silly old cow. (Only judging from recent performances).

    Complain about this comment

  • 118. At 9:01pm on 22 Oct 2010, Ghod Bless Neil Lennon wrote:

    @48.

    It's probably gotten little discussion ABOUT it due to the fact it's so poor. I'm not saying this to come across as rude, but for me, it's a no-go. I've got a good sense of humour, but this, it's not remotely funny.

    Merely my feedback . . .

    I won't be reading this rubbish again . . .

    Complain about this comment

  • 119. At 9:01pm on 22 Oct 2010, Ross Quinn wrote:

    Well considering it's a sports satire mattyp it belongs on both. I quite like the fact that a sports blog is funny rather than some journo trying to be funny when theyre not or being too funny that the point of their blog is missed.

    The Special One should re-arrange his backroom staff though Rooney and Sven now are too busy with 'other matters' bring on a new player and Holloway.

    Complain about this comment

  • 120. At 9:19pm on 22 Oct 2010, d8xter wrote:

    what is happening here? weird.
    Hate it? don't bother visiting again rather ran spouting arbit xyz

    Complain about this comment

  • 121. At 9:25pm on 22 Oct 2010, smellslikesalmon wrote:

    I was going to come on here and put across my view that I really miss Quotes of the Week, ask for it to be brought back, and then slate this blog as I didn't find it funny at all.

    But having seen all the deleted comments I realise this has already been done, and given the BBC's new-found zeal for censorship this doesn't seem to be 'allowed', given the prevailing attitude towards our opinions. So I apologise for the error I almost committed.

    But back to the Special 1, could he maybe just do a bit more of the funniest moments and commments from the week, and a bit less of the 'Special 1' stuff? You could also have a broader section of reader feedback instead of just tweets. Just a constructive suggestion.

    Complain about this comment

  • 122. At 9:29pm on 22 Oct 2010, Pele_Adebola wrote:

    The moderating of this article has been diabolical.

    FWIW, I find it unfunny but I'll just not read it again.

    However, what irritates me is that clearly anyone who doesnt like this gets their post removed and anyone who does gets their post printed.

    Unfortunately for the bbc the fact that 80% of posts have been deleted for breaking the house rules actually tells the bigger story.....

    Complain about this comment

  • 123. At 9:54pm on 22 Oct 2010, 56 wrote:

    I don't get the impression that people like this blog

    wonder why..

    Complain about this comment

  • 124. At 10:24pm on 22 Oct 2010, Cliftonvale wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 125. At 11:02pm on 22 Oct 2010, Legends-of-Football wrote:

    This is possibly thee most random thing I have read in a fair while...

    No doubt Jose will take over at Man U and continue with their tradition of winning everything... well nearly.

    Liverpool need Martin O'Neill tho..

    Complain about this comment

  • 126. At 11:04pm on 22 Oct 2010, shanewexford wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 127. At 11:07pm on 22 Oct 2010, redpreacherman wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 128. At 11:17pm on 22 Oct 2010, Yasin wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 129. At 00:17am on 23 Oct 2010, tarangoes wrote:

    I found the "special 1" episode 1 irritating rather than funny - it was too self-referential. I couldn't watch it all since it was far too juvenile for my taste. If you had held a focus group you would have found this out sooner. I liked the Rooney now and in 20 years time picture joke but not much else. Hope the feedback is helpful "emoticon goes here"

    Complain about this comment

  • 130. At 00:20am on 23 Oct 2010, wehateowls wrote:

    so glad special 1 tv is back best show on internet so clever and witty and voice are so good.

    i see my previous point got deleted but that was probally was right becasue i got a bit like holloway and was just annoyed at people who haven't watched the programme slating

    Complain about this comment

  • 131. At 00:31am on 23 Oct 2010, col029 wrote:

    Jacks... cheers for the Chris Charles link, I wondered where he'd gotten to!

    Haven't seen the shows yet but I remember the Setanta sketches and looking forward to it. The Ars-shavin transfer talk had me in stitches!

    I'm with the majority about Robbo and CC, they were highlights of the week for me, but I'm willing to give anything a chance.

    And the cows/milk analogy? Anyone read Rafa's comments earlier this week? Think it's meant to be satire. Just not as good as Voltaire.

    Complain about this comment

  • 132. At 01:22am on 23 Oct 2010, Dave the hedgehog- Doitchampions wrote:

    Thanks moderators for trying to put an end to all this stupidity.
    Special1 TV has been in existence for 3 years & originated as "I'm on setanta sports" on the now defunct setanta network & those who have been slating the show have not realised that it was already a huge success amongst hard core football fans before BBC TV took the show on... & lets face it they wouldn't have bought it if it didn't have the track record & ready made fanbase that it had already acquired & therefore BBC needs to give it a chance to grow on a fresh audience unaware of this entity(both tv show & blog).
    I would also like to say to BBC bigwigs & caboom (the shows production team)...what in gods name do you think you are doing ? no sooner do you show episode 1 than you go on the missing list the following week (no episode 23rd october) - i hope that this does not turn into a regular habit - something that setanta used to drive the regular fans insane with.
    This is no way to build a new & regular viewership & should not be allowed to happen. Do not treat S1TV as some kind of schedule filler as it has long deserved a regular time slot (advertised in advance)& this is what the fans of the show have been aching for since the shows inception.
    Please give this superb 5 minutes of football comedy the support & respect it deserves, especially for the sake of the fans & a great talent in Mario Rosenstock. HERE ENDETH THE LESSON !

    Complain about this comment

  • 133. At 02:04am on 23 Oct 2010, Dave the hedgehog- Doitchampions wrote:

    @wehateowls I totally sympathise matey - ignorance abounds sadly.

    Complain about this comment

  • 134. At 03:59am on 23 Oct 2010, CONMEBalls wrote:

    Dave

    Top comment.

    Shut up non believers

    Complain about this comment

  • 135. At 04:02am on 23 Oct 2010, Dave the hedgehog- Doitchampions wrote:

    @tarantoes = for focus group, see the 2.5 million views & thousands of positive comments on the youtube channel "the special1 TV fan channel"
    (try a little simple research before making statements on matters you only THINK you know about. & when i say thousands of comments it would not be an exaggeration to say that %99 of comments are positive in nature, as will the comments here as the weeks go by & the previous blogs readers either melt away or choose to view the exceptional talent of Mario Rosenstock (who both writes & performs the main voices) in a fair unemotional & unbiased manner

    Complain about this comment

  • 136. At 08:42am on 23 Oct 2010, Dave the hedgehog- Doitchampions wrote:

    BBC INFO...SPECIAL1 TV WILL BE BROADCAST EVERY OTHER WEEK WITH THE BLOG APEARING WEEKLY.
    This is from an email i recieved from special1 tv bbc big boss - so thats one matter cleared up & answers all my fears in my earlier comment
    (comment 132)
    lubbly jubbly - should still have weekly episodes though LOL

    Complain about this comment

  • 137. At 08:49am on 23 Oct 2010, NYCfootballfan wrote:

    "The rubbery stars of BBC3's 'Special 1 Tv' are back". No, they most certainly are not. THe tone is all wrong: "But it remains to be seen whether the events this week will have a long term effect on the other cows and the farmer and will they turn once beautiful milk into lumpy buttery mess." What is that? The writers of this totally didn't get what made Special 1 tv so funny. It was never serious, never approached real commentary, was never used as a vehicle to make pundit predictions on current events in this way. This was really poorly done. Lacing it with some recycled humour from the original program doesn't make it funny, particularly when the whole tone is wrong. This is as awful as that robbo stuff was.

    Hire a proper comic writer to invent something totaly new maybe... Or drop the lamy humour attempts altogether and stick to covering sport and providing commentary. THis was tragically bad and I hope not to see it again, as the special one tv used to amuse me, and this ruins it.

    Complain about this comment

  • 138. At 09:20am on 23 Oct 2010, HotdogSalesman wrote:

    This is funny! Good to have some light heartedness .... just a pity that so many have no sense of humour, or lack the intelligence to understand this. These are the ones who's sole contribution to any DB is to slate opposing clubs and their fans. Do we need them? I think not?

    As for JM & Liverpool .... what a laugh. He would probably be worth more than their entire squad !

    I don't ever see him ending up as the Farmer at OT either .... he will probably be retired long before SAF is ..... word is that SAF's retirement age has been pegged at 120 !

    Now that the unhappy cow is back in the field, I wonder how long it will take before it turns into a bull, charging at the other farmers end, rather than a miserable cow messing on the grass?

    Look forward to the next episode.

    Complain about this comment

  • 139. At 2:36pm on 23 Oct 2010, captainbennett wrote:

    "any further dsicussion about this on this blog is off-topic, which is against house rules, so will be removed."

    But positive feedback is apparently on-topic? Pathetic.

    Complain about this comment

  • 140. At 11:04pm on 23 Oct 2010, Dave the hedgehog- Doitchampions wrote:

    @captainbennett - read comment 137 (that's right, just 2 comments before yours) It tottally nullifies your point ! "pathetic" Hmnnn !!!
    & on the subject of comment 137 - @NYCfootballfan - The whole "cows" segment is referring to news from the football world this week that any serious fan would know about & therefore understand (you obviously didn't.. which speaks for itself) & "hire a proper comic writer"?????
    Mario Rosenstock writes both & has done since day one & as stated in my earlier comment.... "2.5 million views & 99% positive comments on my youtube channel alone"..which also speaks for itself.
    Here's an idea IT'S CALLED RESEARCH.
    Not everyone could possibly like this brand of comedy, but slating it because you are not a serious enough footy fan to understand the references to current footballing news events that are used as material for this blog is just pointless. & do you really expect time to stand still ? This is the BBC & not the little wannabe network Setanta - who may warrant credit for bringing the show to air but were clueless when it came to taking advantage of it's original popularity.
    Time doesn't stand still & neither should Special1 TV, If you don't gradually advance & change then you go backwards, this has been proved in television time & time again, may i remind you that the whole point of this blog is in support of the TV show & for FANS to leave comments & questions for JOSE. NUFF SAID I HOPE.

    Complain about this comment

  • 141. At 06:46am on 24 Oct 2010, captainbennett wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 142. At 5:11pm on 24 Oct 2010, Im_partial wrote:

    Wow, this blog seems to be a real hot-button issue for some readers. Ah well, I still think the show is good fun, and read the blog in the same spirit.

    As a Liverpool fan, laughs have been in somewhat short supply of late, so any levity is welcomed.

    Loved the JM answerphone messages btw...looking forward to the next episode.

    Complain about this comment

  • 143. At 3:58pm on 25 Oct 2010, UnionistEagle wrote:

    Terrific idea to have this blog! Special 1 is very funny.

    Complain about this comment

  • 144. At 6:07pm on 26 Oct 2010, bigmon411 wrote:

    Did see this list Special 1, you are number 9 on 2010 Top 49 Most Influential Men. IT's TRUE!!! NOT FANTASTIC!!!

    http://www.askmen.com/specials/top_49_men/

    Complain about this comment

  • 145. At 10:14am on 27 Oct 2010, Dave the hedgehog- Doitchampions wrote:

    @bigmon411...Excellent find & a very interesting article, but Jose should have been number 1 champion Influential man.
    I would like to point out however that JM is most influential Scarf model in the universe with Pep from Barca a distant 2nd

    Complain about this comment

  • 146. At 01:40am on 28 Oct 2010, Dave the hedgehog- Doitchampions wrote:

    Request for a Mr M Rosenstock....PLEASE MAKE JOSE'S ANSWERPHONE A REGULAR BLOG ITEM.
    Maybe on the alternate weeks that the show is off air.
    (Dats brilliant dat is)

    Complain about this comment

  • 147. At 10:23pm on 13 Nov 2010, wayne-rooneys-contract wrote:

    thats brilliant that is

    Complain about this comment

View these comments in RSS

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.