BBC BLOGS - Simon Austin
IN ASSOCIATION WITH
« Previous | Main | Next »

Inside Team Capello

Post categories:

Simon Austin | 20:08 UK time, Tuesday, 8 June 2010

As the Football Association discovered when they first approached him in December 2007, Fabio Capello doesn't come alone but as part of a package.

To secure their man, the FA also had to take on Franco Baldini, Italo Galbiati, Franco Tancredi and Massimo Neri.

Team Capello was formed in 2001 and boasts a formidable range of skills and personalities.

Together they returned the Scudetto to Roma after an 18-year wait and whipped the underachieving galacticos into title-winning shape at Real Madrid in 2007.

Now they embark on their toughest challenge of all, to end 44 years of World Cup hurt for England.

At the heart of this inner circle is Baldini, England's suave general manager.

The 49-year-old is Capello's diametric opposite, an open and charming man whom the players feel able to confide in.

capellofab595.jpgFitness coach Massimo Neri and goalkeeping coach Franco Tancredi join Capello in training.

French midfielder Olivier Dacourt worked with Capello and Baldini at Roma and says they have a classic good-cop, bad-cop partnership.

"Capello makes you scared, but Franco is a very, very nice man," Dacourt told BBC Sport.

"You speak much more easily with Franco than with Capello, he is very gentle."

Mark Ryan, author of 'Fabio Capello: The Boss', argues that Baldini is essential to the effective functioning of the regime.

"I think he's absolutely massive and Capello might struggle with some of the diplomatic things and human relations without Franco," he told BBC Sport.

"He really is the supreme diplomat and if there's a difficult situation, he's the one who will smooth it over.

"He's very intelligent and perceptive and knows Capello's weaknesses and how to compensate for them."

With his excellent grasp of English, Baldini is also the man Capello uses as his go-between with the media, preferring to keep a distance himself.

Baldini had a decent playing career, including spells at Bari, Bologna and Pescari. One of his first clubs was the unfashionable Campobasso where, in a neat twist of fate, his manager was Tord Grip, the former England assistant.

At the end of his playing career, Baldini became an agent, utilising his scouting and networking skills.

capello_baldini595.jpgBaldini (left of centre) is Capello's main scout for England.

His first link-up with Capello was at Roma in 1999, where he was technical director, luring a succession of top players, including Gabriel Batistuta, Christian Chivu and Walter Samuel to the Olympic Stadium, as well as unearthing lesser-known gems such as Simone Perrotta and the Brazilian winger Mancini.

Capello still greatly values Baldini's talent-spotting abilities and uses him as his main scout for England. Indeed, Baldini was the first member of the England coaching set-up to truly recognise the international potential of Aston Villa midfielder James Milner, who is now a key part of Capello's World Cup squad.

When I first met Baldini, I was immediately struck by how impeccably turned out and charming he was, and it was no surprise to learn he was a cultured midfielder during his playing days.

However, Grip told me he was also able to look after himself, and this steely side of his character was evident at Roma, when he was one of the key witnesses in the corruption trial of Juventus director Luciano Moggi.

It was at this time that Capello and Baldini had their only major falling out.

When his name was linked with the vacant manager's job at Moggi's Juventus, Capello laughed off the possibility of a move to the Stadio Delle Alpi.

The first Baldini knew of his friend's defection was when he saw him being unveiled by Juve live on television.

They didn't speak for a year after that according to Ryan, but Capello managed to build bridges and persuade Baldini to join him at Real Madrid in 2006. They haven't looked back since.

However, Capello's closest confidante is still his 72-year-old assistant, Galbiati.

They first met in the late 1970s, when Capello was an international midfielder for AC Milan and Galbiati, himself a fomer Italy player, the club's youth team coach.

When Capello retired from playing in 1980, he got a job coaching Milan's under-17 side, and worked closely with under-19 boss Galbiati.

They forged a strong friendship and when Capello was the surprise choice to replace Arrigo Saachi as Milan head coach in 1991, Galbiati became his assistant.

They enjoyed immediate success, going unbeaten in their first 58 league games.

Probably their most famous result was the 4-0 demolition of Barcelona in the 1994 Champions League final, a match which proved how effective Galbiati could be at improving the technique of even the most experienced players.

After the game, Italian striker Daniele Massaro dedicated his two goals to the hours that Galbiati had invested in improving his left foot.

Dutch striker Patrick Kluivert, who worked with the stocky, silver-haired coach at Milan from 1997 to 1998, told BBC Sport: "He is a very good, persistent coach, doing everything Capello wants."

The most recent addition to Team Capello is 50-year-old Neri, who was recruited at Roma in 2001.

The studious, bespectacled Italian first made a name for himself at Lecce in the mid-1980s, but his most spectacular results were at Real Madrid, where he transformed a group of unfit galacticos into a crack unit, enabling them to win their first league title for four years in 2006/7.

The final member of the quartet is Tancredi, England's tall, languid goalkeeping coach.

The 55-year-old made 228 appearances for Roma, including the 1984 European Cup final against Liverpool, in which Bruce Grobbelaar performed his legendary spaghetti legs routine.

He also won 12 caps for Italy and understudied Walter Zenga at the 1990 World Cup.

Tancredi was goalkeeping coach at Roma until 2004 and then followed Capello to Juventus. The FA were initially sceptical about taking him on, preferring to keep Ray Clemence as keeping coach, but Capello was insistent and, unsurprisingly, got his way.

Now Clemence is Tancredi's assistant and the likes of David James are in no doubt about who is in charge. England fans will be hoping the 55-year-old's reputation as a penalty-saving specialist pays dividends this summer.

And while Capello is likely to receive most of the plaudits should England exceed expectations in South Africa, he'll know he couldn't have done it without the help of his four trusted lieutenants.

* For up-to-the-minute updates, you can follow me on my Twitter feed

Comments

or register to comment.

  • 1. At 07:21am on 09 Jun 2010, Alabaster Codify wrote:

    'England fans will be hoping the 55-year-old's reputation as a penalty-saving specialist pays dividends this summer.'

    stick him in goal and he'll get closer to pens than Big Dave James, the man rarely seems to read them. Jamie Theakston received expert tutelage from Tancredi prior to Sunday's soccer aid final and look at the glorious saves he pulled off.

    Complain about this comment

  • 2. At 07:22am on 09 Jun 2010, Alabaster Codify wrote:

    by the way thanks for the blog Simon, good insight provided.

    Complain about this comment

  • 3. At 07:41am on 09 Jun 2010, Pete Fitz wrote:

    "should england exceed expectations in South Africa"...who's expectations exactly are these. the way the media and england fans perform you'd think you had won it already!

    Complain about this comment

  • 4. At 07:41am on 09 Jun 2010, Alinem wrote:

    Didn't actually knew Baldini about how's ipmortant for the England coach, Mr. Capello. Nice blog although. Come on, England. Take the trophy ;)

    Complain about this comment

  • 5. At 07:51am on 09 Jun 2010, Wizzo wrote:

    Nice insightful article. I didn't realise Tancredi was part of the setup - I have him as my goalie coach for Spurs on footie manager!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 6. At 07:58am on 09 Jun 2010, Deep-heat wrote:

    #3, Pete Fitz, wrote: "...who's expectations exactly are these. the way the media and england fans perform you'd think you had won it already!"

    Do you actually want to qualify this statement in any way? I haven't seen any journalist on this website or in the papers that I read even suggest that England are likely to win the WC. The general perception from the media is that England have a good opportunity to progress to the semis but are playing so poorly at the moment that they could miss out. Don't really think anyone's over-hyping our chances. Except probably Ian Wright. And no-one actually listens to him.

    There are many things you could have a go at the media about but I think this is a little unfair.

    Anyway, interesting blog. Thanks for a good read.

    Complain about this comment

  • 7. At 08:02am on 09 Jun 2010, ben collins wrote:

    Interesting article, thanks.
    Sounds like a good balance in that management team.
    Good luck England!

    Complain about this comment

  • 8. At 08:05am on 09 Jun 2010, simbrow wrote:

    great blog. Sounds like capello and his team are well prepared and vastly experienced, but doing it with madrid and roma is a bit different than with England as im sure we all know. I have to say though after reading this I am impressed and it sounds like a great set up, I just hope the players can utilise this knowledge and put it on the pitch. I have always said the england job is a nasty one and whoever the manager and his team are have a lot of expectation on there shoulders (and to be fair why shouldnt they with the players weve got!), but that aside capello and his "lieutenants" seem more than prepared and its up to the team now to do them and us proud. COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 9. At 08:19am on 09 Jun 2010, spanishjonny wrote:

    Good blog simon, as has already been noted, it is very insightful. As well as the guys you have mentioned that FC takes with him as a unit around his various managerial posts, i think you can now add David Beckham into the group when it comes to the England job. I believe FC was quoted recently as stressing Becks is not a coach but simply a member of his 'team'.

    Complain about this comment

  • 10. At 08:20am on 09 Jun 2010, Chris Dean wrote:

    It would be interesting to know what Tancredi makes of Capello's apparent failure to identify who is England's No1 goalie. Surely, with a week to go, the first team should be playing regularly together or at least in their defence and midfield/forward units? The relationship between goalkeeper and defenders seems particularly key but is as yet unforged. (I hope it will be Hart but I suspect we'll go for Green's blend of mediocrity and experience.)

    Complain about this comment

  • 11. At 08:31am on 09 Jun 2010, Mark Walter wrote:

    For a moment thought I was going to read a Baldini article without the phrase "trusted lieutenants" .... so close ...

    Interesting to read about the background to them though, thanks.

    Complain about this comment

  • 12. At 08:41am on 09 Jun 2010, collie21 wrote:

    Good background, goes to show it's never one man!

    Complain about this comment

  • 13. At 08:44am on 09 Jun 2010, Paul wrote:

    Capello & Co. are probably the most successful coaching team present at the World Cup. Anyone who really knows his background would agree Capello's achievements make his a good candidate for a WC winning manager. As Italy showed at the last WC and Inter at the last CL you do not need to be the most showy team on display, there is much more to winning than art.

    Complain about this comment

  • 14. At 08:54am on 09 Jun 2010, matchwinner wrote:

    Sounds like a winning team to me...

    Complain about this comment

  • 15. At 09:12am on 09 Jun 2010, DAVE669 wrote:

    (I hope it will be Hart but I suspect we'll go for Green's blend of mediocrity and experience.)
    ****************************************************************
    As opposed to James' blend of hirsute eccentricity and inopportune clanger-dropping?
    The wife reckons Joe Hart is the future #1 and I agree but given the team's recent erratic performances, let's at least secure qualification from the group stages before letting him loose on the big stage.
    Heard that clown Adrian Durham berating Beckham for advising Rooney re his temper. Beckham knows better than ANY English footballer what the hysterical backlash is like for anyone being sent off so I think he's the ideal candidate to speak to Wayne.

    Complain about this comment

  • 16. At 09:14am on 09 Jun 2010, ShackyTauro wrote:

    Interesting article and sounded a well rounded set up until I read, 'Clemence is Tancredi's assistant' - so one goal keeping coach and one assistant for three keepers, they must be run off their feet!

    An illustration of just how much money the FA have sloshing around ...

    Complain about this comment

  • 17. At 09:18am on 09 Jun 2010, Dizzee69 wrote:

    @3 Pete Fitz,

    Pete, I'm curious as to where people get this idea that the English are arrogant and 'think they have already won the thing'

    Whilst the BBC have them picked to finished fourth, which is more hopeful than arrogant, your average punter on the thousands of messages on this site seem to think we are a second-rate team, completely reliant on Rooney, who will get stuffed if we play Spain or Brazil.

    Who and where are you finding these 'fans and media' who think England have got the world cup sewn up?

    Every single world cup, there are these accusations of English arrogance, yet I can never find a single example on any website. In fact I find the English to be quite pessimistic.

    Complain about this comment

  • 18. At 09:39am on 09 Jun 2010, wellypointwhite wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 19. At 09:45am on 09 Jun 2010, Simon Austin wrote:

    Thanks for your comments everyone - a lot of interesting stuff there.

    Good point #9 Mark Walter - Beckham is part of "Team Capello" for the World Cup and there are a lot of other support staff out in South Africa, such as mental strength coach Christian Lattanzio, Gary Lewin and the physios, doctors etc.

    The inner circle is still Baldini, Neri, Tancredi and Galbiati though.

    I agree with what most of you say, that this is a really impressive set-up, covering most of the bases in terms of personalities and skills.

    It will be interesting to see how the dynamic is affected if Baldini leaves after the World Cup. Juve have come after him twice already, to become their sporting director, and I wouldn't be surprised if they make a move for him again after the World Cup...

    Complain about this comment

  • 20. At 09:52am on 09 Jun 2010, charlesburgessfry wrote:

    So do all these other blokes get paid out of Capello's £6 million per annum or are their wages on top?

    Complain about this comment

  • 21. At 09:52am on 09 Jun 2010, Simon Austin wrote:

    #11 Mark Walter... that made me chuckle and is very true. "Trusted lieutenant Baldini" has become a bit of a hackneyed phrase...

    Complain about this comment

  • 22. At 09:54am on 09 Jun 2010, charlesburgessfry wrote:

    Thanks for the addition Simon. You say that David Beckham is part of, cringe, "Team Capello". As what exactly?

    Complain about this comment

  • 23. At 10:04am on 09 Jun 2010, mikestar01 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 24. At 10:14am on 09 Jun 2010, JoC wrote:

    Interesting article Simon - it seems that all the top managers have their key back-up staff follow them around everywhere they go nowadays, just like Sven with Tord Grip. Didn't Rafa Benitez lose his key confidante at Liverpool a couple of seasons ago before things started unravelling at Anfield? It makes transitions easier if they are allowed to take familiar countrymen with them - adding a few natives into the mix the likes of Pearce and Clemence placates any local disharmony and familiarises the newcomers into the teams' culture.

    What you don't want though are pure 'Yes' men who just sit on the bench agreeing with everything the big man says....DO I NOT LIKE THAT! ;)

    Complain about this comment

  • 25. At 10:16am on 09 Jun 2010, Simon Austin wrote:

    Hello Charlesburgessfry...

    #22 Beckham is officially a liason between the management and players, so an assistant to Baldini, who he has a very good relationship with from their days at Real and with England.

    #20 They get paid independently, aside from that £6m salary, so a pretty hefty sum.

    Complain about this comment

  • 26. At 10:22am on 09 Jun 2010, johnboy1977 wrote:

    baldini could leave after the wc to take on a director of football roll in italy

    Complain about this comment

  • 27. At 10:33am on 09 Jun 2010, charlesburgessfry wrote:

    Thanks for the information Simon. So, if I understand correctly, Capello liases with Baldini. Baldini liases with Beckham and Beckham liases with the players. Will Beckham be on a salary too as a liason officer?

    Complain about this comment

  • 28. At 11:02am on 09 Jun 2010, Simon Austin wrote:

    Have to pass on that one charlesburgess... All the expense will be worth it if we do well in SA I suppose. Clive Woodward always said he was only as good as the people round him.

    Complain about this comment

  • 29. At 11:06am on 09 Jun 2010, Vincent B Rodriguez wrote:

    You English folk make me laugh- a nation of pessimists who berate each other for being arrogant. Are the Aussies are “arrogant” at almost all sports, or do they just accept they are good and don’t pretend otherwise. You should all get behind England, like I‘m behind Mexico, after all if you don’t think you can win why play?

    Complain about this comment

  • 30. At 12:30pm on 09 Jun 2010, Ydiss wrote:

    29. At 11:06am on 09 Jun 2010, Vincent B Rodriguez wrote:
    You English folk make me laugh- a nation of pessimists who berate each other for being arrogant.
    _________________________

    I imagine the people berating us for being arrogant are not actually English and are, for the most part, Scottish :)

    A really interesting read, Simon. It certainly makes for a different read to most of the recent articles which appear to be focused purely on the negatives surrounding the England camp.

    Thanks.

    Complain about this comment

  • 31. At 12:44pm on 09 Jun 2010, JHRVY wrote:

    Well said Deep Heat and have not met anybody who thinks we have a chance and have met a few people who think we wont get through the first round...this is the first world cup where the expectations are simply low. Dont know what Fits's logic is all about. Good blog though it was interesting to heat a bit more of what is on the inside

    Complain about this comment

  • 32. At 1:03pm on 09 Jun 2010, bbc_commentator wrote:

    Amongst all the advisors etc used by Capello, it is a pity that no one suggested that England travel to SA much earlier, to get used to the altitude, instead of going to Austria. Altitude is going to play a crucial role at this world cup, especially in the last 10-15 of games played at higher altitudes, such as the Final. Considering that the England players are already struggling to adapt and complaining, it does not bode well for England in the World Cup.

    Complain about this comment

  • 33. At 1:07pm on 09 Jun 2010, boils wrote:

    A good and useful blog from the BBC about the World Cup......

    O

    M

    G

    !!

    Complain about this comment

  • 34. At 1:09pm on 09 Jun 2010, The Realist wrote:

    England will be knocked out in the first knock out round. Not sure why these is big expectation because the players like Gerrard and Lampard, Terry and Carragher are not made of the right stuff to compete well in a World Cup.

    The media should just keep their mouths shut because they look pathetically out of touch with world football by even trying to suggest England have any sort of chance.

    Complain about this comment

  • 35. At 1:09pm on 09 Jun 2010, Scott John wrote:

    Interesting article

    A talented and well-balanced support team certainly looks to be in place. Is Stuart Pearce the 'Bulldog Spirit' Mr Motivator figure?

    This all comes at an extravagant cost though... I wonder if the FA and our other sporting bodies ever 'fact-find' the poorer, more unfashionable yet occasionally successful sporting countries?

    Come on England!

    http://scottssportsandsocial.blogspot.com/

    Complain about this comment

  • 36. At 1:21pm on 09 Jun 2010, fibreprovider wrote:

    USA 1-1
    Algeria 2-0
    Slovenia 0-0
    Serbia 3-0
    QF (Some Team) - Defeat on penalties after a boring 1-1 draw with very little attacking play. Then the blame game starts - altitude/ball/referee/non english manager/exchange rate/tory government/etc etc.

    Complain about this comment

  • 37. At 1:28pm on 09 Jun 2010, Jericoa wrote:

    Am I the only one who finds it ironic that this England world cup bid, masterminded by 1/2 a dozen Italians and supported by the public via an unprecedented number of cheap and nasty plastic red and white flags, fridge magnets, car stickers and lord knows what else (all made in China), has got to be the least English of all time!

    At least if Italy go out early (quite likely in my view) we will give them a second team to shout for, China probably supports us already by virtue of the premier league and a vested interest in flogging us a mountain of cheap plastic tat that falls apart after 5 minutes if we go on a long run, with loads more memorabilia to follow if we win it.

    My head says Brazil this year, my heart hopes for England but it is the semis for us I think.

    I remember how easily Brazil beat us in the last freindly we played, the scoreline was quite flattering to England considering how outplayed we were. Their strength in depth and base level of skill across the team is something we can not cope with unless we get very lucky, score an early goal off Crouches head then go into 'Inter Milan' style defensive type mode.

    That said..


    C'mon England


    Complain about this comment

  • 38. At 1:47pm on 09 Jun 2010, LJ wrote:

    bbc_commentator: you could be right about the altitude thing. But I believe the first games are at sea level, so when we get into the last 16 the players should have acclimatized. I noticed Joe Cole saying in the press conference he already feels much better than when he first arrived at the training camp.

    While I think most of us England fans are more realistic with our expectations than in the past, I'm quietly confident we have a squad capable of winning the WC under Capello. For years we've lacked dicipline and focus when it came to the big games. While we aren't flying high right now like Spain (who just thrashed Poland 6-0). It's usually the case that the teams that peak at the later stages of tournaments go onto win it. I just have this feeling we are going to get better and better each game and then we might have a chance!

    Complain about this comment

  • 39. At 1:51pm on 09 Jun 2010, rovers1 wrote:

    English led by italians? Sounds like a sociology experiment.
    Are "hired guns" the answer when national pride is at stake?
    I'm sure Capello and his legion are good coaches but it all sounds like desperation.

    Complain about this comment

  • 40. At 1:55pm on 09 Jun 2010, Johnnygray26 wrote:

    44 years of World Cup hurt for England.

    ----------------

    AGH!! Can we please have an embargo on the "years of hurt" cliche? It's

    (a) maudlin and self-pitying (and confirmation of the "whinging Pom" stereotype), and

    (b) deluded, because it suggests England have some divine right to win the WC no matter how awful their footballers or how talentless their coaches. And given that England's record in international football is no better than that of countries like the Czech Republic, Greece and Denmark - who assuredly don't use such "poor us, how we suffer" phrases
    - knock it off, will you???!!!

    Btw I'm a patriotic Englishman...

    Complain about this comment

  • 41. At 2:04pm on 09 Jun 2010, jchubeta_aBridgeTooFar wrote:

    Capello is the real deal. There is something about Italian managers, that makes you feel that they know what they are doing. Especially the Italian great tacticians: Capello, Lippi, Trappatoni, Saachi.

    If England dont do well with Capello at the helm, then I will be fearful for them. Capello is the epitome of football management. You dont win titles at Roma, Juventus, Real Madrid and AC Milan if you dont know what you are doing. He took over an AC Milan team that had won back to back CL titles, and won the 1994 CL, annihilating the Barcelona dream team in the final; a team that contained Romario, Guardiola and Stoichkov.


    With a budget remarkably less than rivals Juventus, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Lazio's, he won the Serie A in 2001. Roma hadnt won the league for almost 20 years, and were under pressure because Lazio, their derby rivals had won the title the year before under Sven.

    With Capello's technical team in place, England have every chance to be successful; Capello has won things wherever he has managed. However, even he cannot step on the pitch on the match days. Once he has set the team up, its up to Rooney et al to deliver.

    I do think that this England team is limited, with many players that are not as good as their Brazilian, Spanish or Argentine counterparts. My main issue with the team is that it is doesnt have an orchestrator in the mould of a Xavi, Kaka, Veron or Schneider. This rough and tumble, end to end, premiership football wont cut it in the tight games. Ball retention, pace of play rhythm is essential, and only Scholes has that quality. I wish Hargreaves were fit, he has decent technical ability, no doubt gained through his Bayern days.

    The right back position is troublesome, and Defoe for me, is a poor striker. I cant imagine him hurting the likes of Lucio and Pique. He isnt strong enough, he wastes too many chances, and can be easily marked out by astute defenders.

    If Capello and his team can get the best out of Rooney, Crouch, Lampard, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole and Terry, then England can go far. Maybe to the quarterfinals, at least.

    Win the WC? I dont see it. But in Capello, England will have the best manager in world football. If Mourinho is a Ferrari, Capello is a Mercedes Maybach

    Complain about this comment

  • 42. At 2:29pm on 09 Jun 2010, AScottishGooner wrote:

    I found this article interesting - I didn’t realise Fabio had so many staff. Its strange how such an Italian management can manage the England team, it seems to be working though.

    I have noticed a lot about myself in these past few days regarding England and the world cup. I have a deep rooted dread that England are successful - but I cant really explain why?

    From as early as I can remember I have always wanted England to lose. I still do. Why is that though?

    I can honestly say that it is because of the way the England team are portrayed in the media. The hype machine is unbearable when it gets going.

    I am starting to notice a slight shift towards pessimism from the English public though. People in General don’t think they will do very well - it makes a refreshing change to be honest.

    I feel that the dislike from the Scots towards the England team would decrease if the media were to be a little more humble prior to and after tournaments.

    Until then I will happily support anyone but England.

    Jealous, me?? Never!

    Complain about this comment

  • 43. At 2:32pm on 09 Jun 2010, AScottishGooner wrote:

    May I also add - I am well aware that the majority of English people dont care that Scots want them to lose.

    Complain about this comment

  • 44. At 2:41pm on 09 Jun 2010, TerryFBH wrote:

    http://robborobson.blogspot.com/2010/06/who-needs-lighter-balls.html?showComment=1276089237355_AIe9_BGEPUZTb4RfeJ9Gy-2G3rnbvZVHmEj2WWeF0WJodhIQzjbN3dR03AgNFfj47GClIWYw9zYnGVvYRcD2ZShlsHeyUsXmQzjbro4pUGZ0oRG14hMN0qZW4i1RYgVofZaDqHNScia4eP795GKTsXUnfHlxGgkGZvg7xmkkEbaIWG_mHdhJif67YlL8h5Gkbu4_8aM8hpmSHxhKu1ot_ddoRbyVfg51RA97hFQI1Ul5hz58Z1X2qYI#c1253332147132219905

    Complain about this comment

  • 45. At 3:06pm on 09 Jun 2010, Utero wrote:

    Gotta be feeling pretty embaressed now aye Pete Fitz? bless ya. Nice article by the way was a good read.

    Complain about this comment

  • 46. At 3:24pm on 09 Jun 2010, Vincent B Rodriguez wrote:

    AScottishGooner -Most English people don’t want Scotland to lose, just like most people don’t want Yeovil Town to lose- I would rather be hated than be so insignificant it’s frankly a waste of emotion to care. Although saying that Scotland are one of my favourite counties in Northern England.

    Complain about this comment

  • 47. At 3:38pm on 09 Jun 2010, timberdoodle wrote:

    And Mexico is just a small town in Texas.

    International teams have always had a large number of coaches and why not. There is such a lot of money in English football we should give the England team the best opportunity to fulfil their potential. English rugby was the same in 2003. Woodward was incredibly resourceful and instilled professionalism within the England set up to get the best out of the players available.

    And one more thing #24 JoC: I'll not hear a bad word said against the legend Big Lawrie. How dare you. :-)

    Complain about this comment

  • 48. At 3:45pm on 09 Jun 2010, wdwilso2 wrote:

    Very interesting and good blog- though I read a similar piece in the a newspaper world cup pull out.

    Heres someone who doesn't rate Capello like we do though:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/england/7810128/World-Cup-2010-World-Cup-success-impossible-for-Fabio-Capellos-England-says-Johan-Cruyff.html

    Made me laugh- England under Capello defensive? Has he even watched English football in recent years? His opinions are not even accurate! England were the top scorers in European qualifying I believe, hammering 9 past a decent Croatia team over two games. Your dislike of Capello nothing to do with a 4-0 hammering in 1994 by his AC Milan team, Johann? Even sillier remarks about Ancelotti- record scorers in England smashing 8 past Wigan, 7 past Stoke and Villa and countless other thrashings. At least back your argument up with facts Johann or shut up!

    Complain about this comment

  • 49. At 3:45pm on 09 Jun 2010, AScottishGooner wrote:

    AScottishGooner -Most English people don’t want Scotland to lose, just like most people don’t want Yeovil Town to lose- I would rather be hated than be so insignificant it’s frankly a waste of emotion to care. Although saying that Scotland are one of my favourite counties in Northern England.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Ha ha ha Great banter mate! Good to see you aint biting there.

    For someone from such an insignificant country you seem to be getting very poisonous and irratable about my comments. I thought it was 'a waste of emotions to care'

    On a serious note, who have you got lined up to blame when you dont make it past the quarters?

    Good job Ronaldo came along when he did in 2006 to get Roonfats sent off. It almost looked as though you might have to blame the quality of your players.

    Anyway Vince I didnt mean to get under your skin there. Sorry fella.

    Complain about this comment

  • 50. At 3:48pm on 09 Jun 2010, Vincent B Rodriguez wrote:

    timberdoodle Mexico has a slightly bigger football pedigree than Scotland.

    In fact ignore that I shall not enter into this debate with you, as you "can't cure stupid".

    Complain about this comment

  • 51. At 3:56pm on 09 Jun 2010, georgiesthebest7 wrote:

    Simon- thanks for the inside information on 'Team Capello'. Like, I suspect many others, I was aware that Fabio had his 'own people' in place in the England set up, but I was not aware of who they all were and what they were doing, so thanks!
    As for how much they are all being paid (earlier post!), if 'Team Capello' pull it off, it will be cheap at half the price; if they don't it will be absolutely disgusting that we are paying all these 'johnny foreigners' all that money just to fail; when we have had a succession of Englishmen also failing to achieve, but for half the price (with one notable exception in 1966).

    Complain about this comment

  • 52. At 4:02pm on 09 Jun 2010, AScottishGooner wrote:

    timberdoodle Mexico has a slightly bigger football pedigree than Scotland.

    In fact ignore that I shall not enter into this debate with you, as you "can't cure stupid".

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Pedigree is measured in quality NOT quantity. 'Bigger'pedigree????

    "cant cure stupid" Vincey boy!!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 54. At 4:54pm on 09 Jun 2010, ChrisO wrote:

    Love to know how much we are paying the five of them!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 55. At 5:17pm on 09 Jun 2010, timberdoodle wrote:

    Vince, I guess its a case of if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

    Scotland consistently punch well above their weight generally in sport. Mexico has a population 20 times that of Scotland, so maybe they should have a better pedigree. Anyway, I'm too stupid to debate this with you, so I won't bother.

    Complain about this comment

  • 56. At 8:29pm on 09 Jun 2010, Roberto_Mexicano wrote:

    That was perhaps the best blog i've read on here for a long long time. Informative without pushing the author's own opinions on us, which makes for a very rare change. Most of the BBC blogs are just an opportunity for someone to try to tell you they know more about a subject than you do. Excellent read.

    As I live in Mexico i'll just put my 2 pennies in on the Mexico/Scotland debate.

    Mexico has a huge population of something like 110 million or so, but no infrastructure or sufficient coach education to really make the most of it. I live in a city of 5.5 million, and the large first division team here which could tap into that population and churn out scores of great players doesn't even have a youth development system!!

    I guess that should be taken into account when you compare the 2 countries.

    .........I hope I didn't just do what I said I hate about BBC blogs?!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 57. At 8:50pm on 09 Jun 2010, Simon H wrote:

    I really want England to win the world cup.
    But my heart would like Capello to lose all games 5-0, so we never again have foreign coaching staff.
    I just feel even if England won the world cup , it really wouldn't be an English achievement would it. It would be English / Italian and the brains part would be Italian.

    Complain about this comment

  • 58. At 9:08pm on 09 Jun 2010, FootballScience wrote:

    I think Joe Cole will go to Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man City or back to West Ham.

    Most likely Real or West Ham though.

    Complain about this comment

  • 59. At 9:17pm on 09 Jun 2010, Wheater_bix wrote:

    I get the feeling Abramovich is wanting to reduce the wage bill this season quite considerably.

    Complain about this comment

  • 60. At 9:18pm on 09 Jun 2010, Wheater_bix wrote:

    Joe Cole will got to whoever offers him the highest wage, Chelsea realised he isn't the player his wages demand.

    Complain about this comment

  • 61. At 9:32pm on 09 Jun 2010, Clinton wrote:

    The England boys always look like a typical week’s worth of Jeremy Kyle ASBO guests…hand selected for an M&S advert.

    Complain about this comment

  • 62. At 9:45pm on 09 Jun 2010, Bamz wrote:

    #57

    In case you hadn't noticed, we live in a multi-cultral world. So the next England manager should be able to trace his/her English roots back for say....200 years?.

    The team is english, the tactics, and manager is not. Who cares :)

    The England setup looks good, shame England look like a pub team at the moment. It pains me to say it, but not a chance in hell of winning the WC unless the majority of the team suddenly spring into life.
    I really thought the weight of expectation had gone after we failed to qualify, but it appears once again that english players falter under that same weight time after time after time.

    Thats how I read it anyway ;)

    /peace

    Complain about this comment

  • 63. At 10:40pm on 09 Jun 2010, Simon H wrote:

    Good luck England.

    #62 I care that the person in the biggest sporting job in England was not brought up and educated in England, because it proves that Britain's school/youth system has failed and produces weak and unintelligent individuals.

    Complain about this comment

  • 64. At 10:54pm on 09 Jun 2010, Tyler_Durden wrote:

    Capello will be secretly cheering for Italy....

    Complain about this comment

  • 65. At 11:58pm on 09 Jun 2010, Divine_Eider wrote:

    "... 44 years of World Cup hurt for England."

    So England won the World Cup in 1966 and we've been hurting since then, have we? I've never understood that. Surely it should be 40 years because we lost the title in 1970.

    Complain about this comment

  • 66. At 06:10am on 10 Jun 2010, trickie_trees wrote:

    I have noticed a reduction in media and public hype which I think is good.

    Somebody commented about altitude training. Wasn't the training camp at Austria at altitude? Also I was suprised to see that the Italians had just arrived at SA. At least we have been there a few days.

    Don't believe all this xenophobic rubbish about the management team being Italian and it should be an English management team. At the end of the day to squeeze a little bit more performance you need the best and Capello and his team on paper look very good. The current English managers available are no where near good enough. Compare Capello to Graham Taylor, Keegan, Mclaren etc. There is no comparison. The last half decent English manager was El Tel.

    It is clear that the team is expensive and it is doubtful that this expeniture will be sustainable for the long term with the current economic climate. We therefore may need to lower our sites after Capello has gone.

    I agree regarding the limitations of our players and that it is difficult to see past the very top teams (i.e. Brazil, Spain, Argentina etc.). Our record against the best has been very poor. It will need the whole team to play out of its skin and for us to outscore rather than outplay superior teams. Or as someone said, get an early goal and cling on for dear life. History does show that this tactic doesn't appear to work for us and is not very good for England supporters health!

    The home nations have in recent years done very poorly at qualifying for tournaments apart from England. Although I don't generally support other home nations at tournaments I also don't wish them to do poorly (unless they play us). It seems to be other nations who wish us to do poorly. Jeolousy? Maybe, truth is I don't care.

    Good blog and some interesting comments!

    Complain about this comment

  • 67. At 08:43am on 10 Jun 2010, Andrew wrote:

    Jamie Theakston received expert tutelage from Tancredi prior to Sunday's soccer aid final and look at the glorious saves he pulled off.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    If the penalty was hit to his right he made some good saves. Hit to his left though and it was if he had lead in his boots.

    I think at the World Cup other players/coaches might pick up on this.

    Anyway, Jamie Theakston isn't in the final 23, he missed out just behind Adam Johnson and before Theo Walcott.

    Complain about this comment

  • 68. At 08:51am on 10 Jun 2010, Vincent B Rodriguez wrote:

    AScottishGooner

    1 I'm Mexican- What has Ronaldo getting Rooney sent off anything to do with me?

    2 Do you really think Scotland has a better Pedigree than England Or Mexico?

    Is so you really are ethier a massive Xenophobe or just incredibly dim-witted.

    Complain about this comment

  • 69. At 08:53am on 10 Jun 2010, Vincent B Rodriguez wrote:

    And thank you for correcting my English before as you’ll note the above has errors as well- but as English is my 2nd Language please forgive me.

    Complain about this comment

  • 70. At 09:04am on 10 Jun 2010, Andrew wrote:

    I'm as English as a Yorkshire Pudding but still want the other home nations to do well at some sports. For example I follow Andy Murray in tennis and urge him on in grand slams, after all he's the British No 1.

    When he loses to Federer/Nadal etc etc he's just that useless Scottish tw*t again though.

    Complain about this comment

  • 71. At 11:35am on 10 Jun 2010, AScottishGooner wrote:

    AScottishGooner

    1 I'm Mexican- What has Ronaldo getting Rooney sent off anything to do with me?

    2 Do you really think Scotland has a better Pedigree than England Or Mexico?

    Is so you really are ethier a massive Xenophobe or just incredibly dim-witted.


    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vince you are very difficult to work out my friend.

    My original post was all about Scotland & England - See #42
    Read it and you will see that I did not mention Mexico at all, nowhere! What I did do is highlight some issues I have with the English media.

    Then you responded very harshly with anti Scottish sentiments.

    "AScottishGooner -Most English people don’t want Scotland to lose, just like most people don’t want Yeovil Town to lose- I would rather be hated than be so insignificant it’s frankly a waste of emotion to care. Although saying that Scotland are one of my favourite counties in Northern England"

    And it turns out you are Mexican? Why does a Mexican person butt into a Scotland V England thing?

    IF YOU ARE MEXICAN WHAT HAS MY ORIGINAL POST GOT TO DO WITH YOU?

    YOU DECIDED TO COMMENT ON A POST THAT ACTUALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU?

    YOU ARE TOTALLY CORRECT SIR - IF YOU ARE MEXICAN THEN ROONEY AND RONALDO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU - NEITHER DOES MY POST #42 BUT YOU DECIDED TO COMMENT ON IT.

    And no, I do not think for one moment that Scotland have a better pedigree than either Mexico or England.

    What I cannot understand is why you decided to get nasty about Scotland when you are from Mexico.

    Although your name is Mexican - your ability to name teams like "Yeovil Town" and saying "that Scotland are one of my favourite counties in Northern England" it doesnt sound very Mexican.

    Why all the Scotland hating when you are from Mexico?






    Complain about this comment

  • 72. At 11:39am on 10 Jun 2010, AScottishGooner wrote:

    #70 Andrew

    When he loses to Federer/Nadal etc etc he's just that useless Scottish tw*t again though.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yep, when he wins he's British. When he loses he's Scottish.

    I reckon he is quite a bit better than Timmy Henman ever was though. Or that English/Canadian mug.

    I dont actually care though because Andy Murray is the dourest soul I have ever seen.

    Complain about this comment

  • 73. At 11:49am on 10 Jun 2010, Andrew wrote:

    I reckon he is quite a bit better than Timmy Henman ever was though. Or that English/Canadian mug.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    Leave Tim out of this, I used to love cheering him on all the way to the quarter finals....

    And quite what Owen Hargreaves has got to do with anything is beyond me.

    Complain about this comment

  • 74. At 12:11pm on 10 Jun 2010, Wheater_bix wrote:

    He's onna bout Rusedski!

    Complain about this comment

  • 75. At 12:18pm on 10 Jun 2010, Andrew wrote:

    He's onna bout Rusedski!

    -------------------------

    Do you think? Not Lennox Lewis?

    Complain about this comment

  • 76. At 12:30pm on 10 Jun 2010, AScottishGooner wrote:

    Ha ha - I was on about Rusedski.

    Hargreaves is a very good player and Lennox is a legend. Would never say a bad word about either of them.

    Complain about this comment

  • 77. At 12:31pm on 10 Jun 2010, Andrew wrote:

    Ha ha - I was on about Rusedski.

    Hargreaves is a very good player and Lennox is a legend. Would never say a bad word about either of them.

    -------------------------------------------------------

    .....forget it.........the jokes gone.

    Complain about this comment

  • 78. At 1:04pm on 10 Jun 2010, Vincent B Rodriguez wrote:

    I don't hate Scotland- just the anti-English feeling from some DScotland fans. If my ancestory is of such interest I have English grandparents- and you get more live EPL and lower league games in Central and South America than you do in England.

    Complain about this comment

  • 79. At 12:29pm on 24 Jun 2010, DrCajetanCoelho wrote:


    Team Capello is a formidable institution. Giving final touches to Team England is nicely taking place along the expected lines. Job well done so far. Best wishes.

    Fine article by Simon Austin.


    Dr. Cajetan Coelho

    Complain about this comment

  • 80. At 1:50pm on 09 Jul 2010, TurnerTrophy wrote:

    It's interesting to review blogs like this after the event. Once again, they prove to be hopelessly inaccurate - what happened to this great team Capello, and the less said about the fantastic goalkeeping coach the better! Are these bloggers simply being partisan, over-optimistic or deliberately provocative? Or do they casually spew out any load of rubbish without the evidence to back it up? You never hear about the predictions that don't come to pass (octopus and parrot take note).

    Complain about this comment

  • 81. At 04:18am on 01 Feb 2011, arief wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 82. At 4:39pm on 01 Feb 2011, Kevin Anderson wrote:

    As his finite hours continues to wick away, it is only natural that an elderly gentleman’s thoughts should turn to running the rule over his younger, more vigorous and less world-weary successors – and 64-year-old Capello, of course, is no exception.

    The final word went to the FA’s Director of Football Development, Sir Trevor Brooking, who revealed that he and his organisation invited Allardyce to the [Unsuitable/Broken URL removed by Moderator] conference in recognition of the forward-thinking reputation that the former Bolton and Newcastle boss has carved out for himself during his 20-year managerial career:



    Complain about this comment

  • 83. At 5:29pm on 01 Feb 2011, George Hermint wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 84. At 6:28pm on 01 Feb 2011, SecretPenguin wrote:

    Its good that Capello surrounds himself with other coaches and staff that complement his abilities. Good leaders know their own strengths and limitations.

    Complain about this comment

  • 85. At 02:14am on 02 Feb 2011, U14772782 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 86. At 7:44pm on 02 Feb 2011, Diana wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 88. At 12:52pm on 04 Feb 2011, Akhil wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 89. At 3:23pm on 04 Feb 2011, clubpenguin wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 90. At 11:17am on 05 Feb 2011, U14776295 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 91. At 1:30pm on 05 Feb 2011, abdobasha2004 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 93. At 10:42am on 06 Feb 2011, Yash Pal wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 94. At 09:35am on 09 Feb 2011, Extenze Reviews wrote:

    Nice post, it's very make me so interesting to read your post. Nice work.Thank you very much.

    Complain about this comment

  • 95. At 11:21am on 09 Feb 2011, Tomalter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 96. At 11:22am on 09 Feb 2011, Tomalter wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 97. At 10:46am on 15 Feb 2011, U14786651 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 98. At 11:31am on 15 Feb 2011, U14786639 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 99. At 11:37am on 15 Feb 2011, U14786639 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 100. At 11:39am on 15 Feb 2011, U14786639 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 101. At 05:16am on 16 Feb 2011, U14769743 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 102. At 05:18am on 16 Feb 2011, U14769743 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 103. At 05:21am on 16 Feb 2011, U14769743 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 104. At 05:25am on 16 Feb 2011, U14769743 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 105. At 07:01am on 17 Feb 2011, U14769750 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 108. At 09:55am on 23 Feb 2011, Prachi wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 109. At 09:58am on 23 Feb 2011, Prachi wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 110. At 10:16am on 23 Feb 2011, Prachi wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 111. At 6:48pm on 23 Feb 2011, ifyclose wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 113. At 2:37pm on 28 Feb 2011, JenggoYes wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 114. At 2:13pm on 01 Mar 2011, Orlando wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 120. At 07:10am on 08 Mar 2011, stoneyg wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 121. At 12:16pm on 11 Mar 2011, Alan Paul wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 123. At 4:15pm on 15 Mar 2011, Altamira wrote:

    Fabio is a winner and his records speaks for iself. We must keept the faith!!!

    Thanks for the blog!!!

    Complain about this comment

  • 124. At 6:14pm on 15 Mar 2011, Altamira wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 125. At 09:13am on 17 Mar 2011, U14816377 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 126. At 5:53pm on 18 Mar 2011, Altamira wrote:

    We are going to beat Wales in next week Euro 2012 qualifier at the Millennium Stadium.

    With Fabio Capello as coath and Jack Wilshere as midfield leader we mustn't fail now.

    Come on!!!
    [Unsuitable/Broken URL removed by Moderator]

    Complain about this comment

  • 129. At 10:10am on 22 Mar 2011, baby321 wrote:

    FabioCapello has named a squad of 26 players to face Wales and Ghana, with a first call-up for former Gillingham midfielder MatthewJarvis[Unsuitable/Broken URL removed by Moderator]

    Complain about this comment

  • 133. At 12:32pm on 28 Mar 2011, Ross Taylor wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 134. At 5:39pm on 29 Mar 2011, cupon12 wrote:

    i am new to your blog and after reading your blog thoroughly i find very much information that i needed and i am searching quite long time ago .you clear all points about subject and made it very easy to understand you are really a professional blogger .keep doing it for future so that community learn from your post,s in future as well. Artcle Mayhem

    Complain about this comment

  • 135. At 07:46am on 30 Mar 2011, U14827296 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 137. At 2:52pm on 04 Apr 2011, cupon12 wrote:

    Thanks so much for your great page;this is the stuff that keeps me awake through out these day. I've been searching around for your site after being referred to them from a buddy and was thrilled when I was able to find it after searching for some time. Being a demanding blogger, I'm glad to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. here

    Complain about this comment

  • 138. At 07:35am on 09 Apr 2011, naina321 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 139. At 10:08am on 09 Apr 2011, kamel123 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 140. At 6:59pm on 10 Apr 2011, sexshop wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 141. At 12:00pm on 11 Apr 2011, MelonaVez wrote:

    <RICHPOST>I think he is sharing his piece of mind in technology aspects in many things in life. I wish I do not have a languange barrier which prevents me to understand better from the clip and the way he is saying. <a [Unsuitable/Broken URL removed by Moderator]<BR /> </RICHPOST>

    Complain about this comment

  • 142. At 2:36pm on 13 Apr 2011, laliga_supporter wrote:

    Excellent information.. Some serious food for thought, which I believe will be very useful for me. There have been number of times I did wonder about it, but couldn’t really understand it..Efudex Cream Thank you for explaining it so clearly.

    Complain about this comment

  • 143. At 02:17am on 15 Apr 2011, KalebKlein wrote:

    Yep, when he wins he's British. When he loses he's Scottish.

    I reckon he is quite a bit better than Timmy Henman ever was though. Or that English/Canadian mug.

    I dont actually care though because Andy Murray is the dourest soul I have ever seen.

    1 I'm Mexican- What has Ronaldo getting Rooney sent off anything to do with me?

    2 Do you really think Scotland has a better Pedigree than England Or Mexico?

    Is so you really are ethier a massive Xenophobe or just incredibly dim-witted.

    Site owner of Jogos gratis

    Complain about this comment

  • 144. At 07:12am on 15 Apr 2011, Mark wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 146. At 08:49am on 20 Apr 2011, fionafoe wrote:

    never get tired of Capello's game. He is brilliant player and even as a coach. Go England always support you guys.

    Regards | [Unsuitable/Broken URL removed by Moderator]

    Complain about this comment

  • 151. At 07:50am on 07 May 2011, Iorlnador wrote:

    "Fabio Capello doesn't come alone but as part of a package."

    haha…i really like how the author writes..

    Anyway, good insight provided.

    Complain about this comment

  • 154. At 12:26pm on 10 May 2011, great123 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 155. At 12:31pm on 11 May 2011, U14866145 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 156. At 10:12am on 12 May 2011, allenjanda420 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 157. At 10:12am on 12 May 2011, allenjanda420 wrote:

    Mourinho is special. He is a very successful manager. Managing football team is not easy like cooking . He clearly wants to test himself with biggest clubs. He just need single title of the three that will be great for him and be a Portugal i think he also want be at Real Mandrid.

    Complain about this comment

  • 158. At 3:16pm on 16 May 2011, french1 wrote:

    I was able to find it after searching for some time. Übersetzung Deutsch ItalienischÜbersetzung Deutsch Französisch Being a demanding blogger, I'm glad to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. Would never say a bad word about either of them.

    Complain about this comment

  • 159. At 05:00am on 31 May 2011, U14884049 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 160. At 05:42am on 31 May 2011, U14825479 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 161. At 08:50am on 31 May 2011, Tekanan wrote:

    I think Fabio Capello is the right man to take us forward and as we all know it takes time to build a team and now we have to build a team to win in Brazil! After 2010 WC he was heavily and unfair criticized by the British media and the fans - many argued that he was wrong in playing a 4-4-2 formation and the players were unable to perform to their best ability. I think the focus shouldn’t be on the manager, but on the players themselves. The role of the manager is to organize the team and to set up the formation. Players often state that the formation doesn’t suit them or that the manager has played them in a different position. Most of the top class players are paid around £100,000 a week! Surely they should be able to play in any position or any formation! In the real world many people have to adapt to different situations in order to survive. The players must not forget that they are incredibly lucky individuals - earning huge amounts of money! Before a match the manager can prepare the team: choose the formation and the tactics and once the match starts, it is the responsibility of the eleven players to win or try to win the game and put in a good performance. If the team loses, then it is ultimately the players who should be criticized.What Fabio Capello needs to do is to start again with young and hungrier players.

    Complain about this comment

  • 162. At 05:24am on 01 Jun 2011, bapoc8 wrote:

    Fabio Capello the one of the great coach I have ever seen and his coaching style is unique.

    Complain about this comment

  • 163. At 8:21pm on 01 Jun 2011, Jennifer1978 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

  • 164. At 5:11pm on 02 Jun 2011, cellpho12699 wrote:

    This comment was removed because the moderators found it broke the House Rules.

View these comments in RSS

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.