Tonight with Rory Bremner
Rory Bremner at Radio 4 when he came in to record trails for 'Tonight' (Picture by Stan Was)
Rory Bremner's new Radio 4 series Tonight starts at 11pm tonight. Recorded last night it features topical satire, stand-up and sketch giving an alternative take on what's happening in the news.
On The Telegraph website radio critic Gillian Reynolds wrote:
"Rory Bremner comes home to radio, hosting this new series which combines topical satire, sketches, stand-up routines, impressions and the kind of investigative parody he made his own on Channel 4 in the darkest days of Blairism. Some fellow satirists mock him for earnestness, self-righteousness. I think they might just be a bit jealous of his powers of observation and mimicry. He's assisted here by comedian and writer Andy Zaltzman and impressionist Kate O'Sullivan."
And here are some pictures from last night's recording to whet your appetite:
Rory Bremner recording 'Tonight' at the Drill Hall, London.
Rory Bremner and Andy Zaltzman
'Tonight' performers (l to r): Andy Zaltzman, Nick Doody and Kate O'Sullivan
Rory Bremner at the 'Tonight' recording
Paul Murphy is the editor of the Radio 4 blog
- Tonight starts on Thursday 13 October for four weeks at 11pm and is repeated on Sunday evening. You can hear it shortly after transmission on the Radio 4 website.
- Rory Bremner was on Desert Island Discs in 2003. His luxury item was a radio. You can download it as a podcast or listen online.
- He's also on television at the moment in Strictly Come Dancing. Find out more here.
- Tonight with Rory Bremner is fully booked for this series but you can apply for tickets for other Radio 4 shows (or other BBC stations!) via the BBC Audience website. They also handle audiences for TV shows as well as radio and for participants for programmes like Masterchef and Mastermind.
- Find a Radio 4 comedy to listen to now on the website
- Follow Radio 4 on Twitter and Facebook.