The PM Glass Box

Eddie Mair | 18:09 UK time, Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Your thoughts on the programme are welcome here.

Comments

• 1. At 6:41pm on 02 Jun 2010, DiY wrote:

Thanks Eddie and team for the sensitive interviews with witnesses in West Cumbria and the way the news was dealt with.

PM at it's best, but such a shame the cause of it.

• 2. At 7:16pm on 02 Jun 2010, Big Sister wrote:

I would like to compliment the police spokesman who read the statement this evening for its dignity and eloquence. I think Cumbria has been well served by him on this tragic day.

• 3. At 8:30pm on 02 Jun 2010, Fearless Fred wrote:

Unfortunately, I missed the first 20 minutes (as always) but I did manage to catch the montage of what the local BBC radio station in Cumbria did during the day. Thank you so much for doing that. I know we're all used to having lots of "talking heads" on TV and Radio explaining what happened, going over and over the events. This piece, however, said it much clearer to me and showed the skill and sensitivity of the local presenters. Please pass on my thanks to the local presenters as well for the sterling job they did today.

• 4. At 9:16pm on 02 Jun 2010, Lady_Sue wrote:

Absolutely with P_Nutt, Big Sis and FFred above. Horrible, horrible news day dealt with so very sensitively by the PM team and particularly with Eddie's tactful interviews. You brought us into the tragedy in such a delicate, respectful manner. As P_Nutt says, PM at its very best. Thank you.

• 5. At 00:11am on 03 Jun 2010, jonnie wrote:

Excellent coverage! - Just tried, after a night out to catch up with the latest and had to resort to Sky news as BBC had ' hard talk' on?

I played 'SO' some excellent front line Interviews earlier from PM on I'Player....

• 6. At 5:58pm on 03 Jun 2010, qietladyjane wrote:

Am I alone in finding the lengthy detail broadcast in your programme about the lives of the elderly couple. James and Jane, who were shot in Cumbria somehow disturbing? Because they "feature" in this terrible incident, their private lives, their life histories, hobbies, even their complexions and appearance have been laid open to the public in such a way during your programme, that I find intrusive. They sound to me like normal, quiet sort of people who would never want the world to know all that detail about them. The whole thing is tragic enough, without "exposing" the victims in this way.