PM Glass Box

Eddie Mair | 17:44 UK time, Wednesday, 9 June 2010

glassarmchair.jpg
Every night at 6pm, the PM production team gathers in a large glass box to talk about how the programme went.

THIS is your opportunity to do the same. Please leave your comment for tonight's editor Amanda Lewis to read.

Comments

• 1. At 6:04pm on 09 Jun 2010, Lady_Sue wrote:

Good programme, though have mixed feelings about the report on the footie. Honestly, do we really need to hear a whole load of people on hooters?

Thought Carolyn was wonderful with Diane Abbott - the question of Abbott sending her child to private school not in the least about her being female. Good girl Carolyn!

• 2. At 6:10pm on 09 Jun 2010, Alan_N wrote:

1 - Funny you should say that, LS - it caused me to turn off the radio. Really really irritating.

• 3. At 6:15pm on 09 Jun 2010, newlach wrote:

I agree with you, Lady Sue, Carolyn did ask important questions of Ms Abbott. Abbott was weak; not leadership material.

Disappointed to hear that a paedophile has had his sentence reduced. Cases like this must cost taxpayers a fortune. Another child killer, Tobin, is appealing one of his sentences. Too harsh, apparently. His most recent killing was of a young polish girl.

• 4. At 6:30pm on 09 Jun 2010, Galahad wrote:

Its almost impossible to avoid discussion of the football at the moment - and I'm afraid it will only get worse over coming weeks.

Can you PLEASE declare PM a football-free zone?

• 5. At 6:37pm on 09 Jun 2010, Looternite wrote:

Please can we have more on the World Cup, we can't get enough.

• 6. At 6:43pm on 09 Jun 2010, Jonathan Morse wrote:

I look forward to all the men being asked where they send their kids. Better that whether they increased their majorities.

• 7. At 6:46pm on 09 Jun 2010, Jonathan Morse wrote:

What was the music? Liked it but then I liked the Up shares down shares theme business which Eddie didn't, also the UK Theme.

• 8. At 7:38pm on 09 Jun 2010, Lady_Sue wrote:

Alan, I'm not surprised. It's not what we hope or expect from PM.

Newlach, agree. Diane Abbot simply does not have the gravitas to be party leader. IMHO it should be the best person for the job, irrespective of race, gender or sexual preference. I would loathe to be given a job just because I'm female or because of the colour of my skin.

Galahad, we all (save Looter apparently) wish the same. We tune into PM for a magazine/newsy report on the day, not for a football report. If I want to know what's happening in the sports world, I'll tune into a sports channel. It will be interesting to note how quickly ALL reports on the WC are dropped once England fails to make the grade. I'm not hoping for this - merely an observation. If the team get knocked out there will not be a peep about the WC further.

• 9. At 7:43pm on 09 Jun 2010, SirStarryKnight wrote:

Alan_N - yes, I switched off the radio, too. Couldn't decide which was worse, the mindless twaddle about football or Diane Abbott playing the gender card.
    Incidentally, where are all the other women candidates stepping forward, eager to shoulder some responsibility? These are the very people who'll be whining that there aren't enough women in the top jobs!!

• 10. At 8:00pm on 09 Jun 2010, DiY wrote:

• 11. At 8:55pm on 09 Jun 2010, DiY wrote:

Dear BBC Blog contributor,

Thank you for contributing to a BBC Blog...blah..blah...

Comments posted to BBC blogs will be removed if they are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others...blah..blah..

If you can rewrite your contribution to remove the problem, we'd be happy for you to post it again.

OK then......

On bended knee I ask "Ditch the ruddy* football"

P Nutt

* I am using the word ruddy as used on the Today programme this morning by John Prescott.

• 12. At 9:29pm on 09 Jun 2010, Fearless Fred wrote:

Hi All,

All I ask is that if they continue with the wendyball World Cup desk of sport, they do the same next year with the RWC. Surely that's more a Radio 4 sport ;-)

• 13. At 11:39pm on 09 Jun 2010, jonnie wrote:

• 14. At 12:02pm on 10 Jun 2010, Fifi wrote:

If (13) was referred because of content relating to me ... as I gather it might have been, though I haven't seen it! ... let the moderators please note that I'm happy to have it removed permanently now.

Jonnie - thanks, but the blog is a shout a tiny bit too far! ;o)

• 15. At 12:52pm on 10 Jun 2010, jonnie wrote:

That's fine Fifi,

I'm perfectly happy about that and nice to know why it was removed and referred, albeit via the moderators and a rather roundabout route...

• 16. At 3:54pm on 10 Jun 2010, Johna42 wrote:

Great programme but how do we the listners alert you to news? Google today made a major change that impacts all users in the UK and Europe. The change, which allows you to display a picture on the google home page, has a number of negative effects - but there is no way turn it off! PM - what are you going to do about it?

• 17. At 00:23am on 11 Jun 2010, Frank_Davis wrote:

My transcript of the debate between Eddie Mair and Ian Gilmore and Peter Bottomley, and my comments upon it, are to be found here.