Lissa Cook,

Eddie Mair | 10:45 UK time, Thursday, 12 November 2009

former head of everything here, spotted this in the twittosphere last night. Hello Lissa!

kirsty1.JPG

Comments

• 1. At 11:01am on 12 Nov 2009, ValeryP wrote:

Ah, but did you miss off the bit where she said "especially the one a couple of weeks ago recorded by Annasee, Gossipmistress and MPB. I do wish Eddie would use that one again, especially since he may have missed hearing it because he was on holiday at the time"

Well, didn't she?

• 2. At 11:16am on 12 Nov 2009, Fearless Fred wrote:

I seem to remember that you did tweet some time ago, Eddie ;-)

• 3. At 11:47am on 12 Nov 2009, eddiemair wrote:

I think I may have been among the first. And that NEVER happens...

• 4. At 11:53am on 12 Nov 2009, ValeryP wrote:

I remember you exhorting us to join you, and I did, and couldn't work out what it was for. *sigh* could have been a frontrunner.

• 5. At 12:07pm on 12 Nov 2009, RachelG wrote:

Now we all understand Twitter a bit better, and some of us actually use it (@Mittfh has a list of tweeting froggers), can't we persuade Eddie to start tweeting again?

• 6. At 1:05pm on 12 Nov 2009, Stewart_M wrote:

I twitted briefly. Found it annoying and unsubscribed. Past tense of twit would not get past the profanity filter!

• 7. At 1:14pm on 12 Nov 2009, The Stainless Steel Cat wrote:

• 8. At 1:33pm on 12 Nov 2009, vainly_here wrote:

What's this? Stainless breaking the House Rules? I don't believe it.

• 9. At 1:39pm on 12 Nov 2009, The Stainless Steel Cat wrote:

Me (7):

I give up! This moderation's ridiculous.

• 10. At 1:44pm on 12 Nov 2009, Big Sister wrote:

I think the Beeb should produce a CD of various versions of the theme for Children in Need and ask Kirty Allsopp to plug it.

• 11. At 2:20pm on 12 Nov 2009, mittfh wrote:

As others have said, Eddie once signed up to Twitter, but has more-or-less dropped out. However, iPM occasionally tweets (@ipmradio4), as does Chris Vallance (@radioproducer), Ritula (@ritula), Kathy Clugston (@kathyclugston), Neal Sleat (@sleat), Rory Cellan-Jones (@ruskin147), the Radio 4 Blog (@radio4blog) and The Today Programme (@r4today). There are also a handful of news feeds (3rd party?) including @bbcbreaking - and 3rd party weather feeds, including @CovWeather and @LonWeather. Several Radio 4 comedians also tweet regularly, including @stephenfry, @RealDMitchell, @DaveGorman and @mitchbenn.

Not to mention the oodles of Froggers that tweet, including someone who goes by the indecipherable alias of @mittfh...

...hmmm, I wonder who that could be...

• 12. At 2:21pm on 12 Nov 2009, ValeryP wrote:

What did you say SScat

• 13. At 2:21pm on 12 Nov 2009, mittfh wrote:

Nearly forgot - I should have added #followthursday to that last message, and split it into 140 character chunks :)

• 14. At 2:26pm on 12 Nov 2009, Fifi wrote:

I still don't get what Twitter is about. But it is how I became a script consultant for the Archers, including a current storyline!

@Fiona_WordsBird

• 15. At 2:28pm on 12 Nov 2009, ValeryP wrote:

Don't knock it then Feefs, eh?

• 16. At 2:36pm on 12 Nov 2009, Fifi wrote:

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement or a sound business case though, is it?

• 17. At 2:40pm on 12 Nov 2009, Fearless Fred wrote:

I have to admit I'm a bit annoyed about one thing on twitter. Stephen Fry has blocked me!

• 18. At 2:43pm on 12 Nov 2009, mittfh wrote:

@17 Oh dear - just when you get back into the Blog Moderators good books, the King of Twitter blocks you. You don't have much luck at the moment, do you?

• 19. At 2:47pm on 12 Nov 2009, Stewart_M wrote:

Fred, Mittfh, I thought Mr Fry was giving up on twitter?

• 20. At 3:01pm on 12 Nov 2009, Fearless Fred wrote:

To be honest, I think it was ages back that he did it, so it was probably on the basis that I hadn't tweeted in some time. So, he probably blocked me on the basis that I wasn't using it. Nathan Fillion's much funnier anyway :-)

• 21. At 3:33pm on 12 Nov 2009, needsanewnickname wrote:

Hello, Lissa!

Yes, please, let's have more of that Annasee, Gossipmistress and MPB 'Upshares' music.

I remember Eddie twittering...

• 22. At 3:38pm on 12 Nov 2009, Big Sister wrote:

I remember twittering with Eddie .....

• 23. At 4:11pm on 12 Nov 2009, RachelG wrote:

Why was Fifi's post modded? Or are the mods just capricious?

• 24. At 4:12pm on 12 Nov 2009, ValeryP wrote:

Cos they're crazy RachelG - plain crazy.

• 25. At 4:24pm on 12 Nov 2009, Fifi wrote:

Whoops. I assume putting my own nom de twit on the blog was the problem. Which is odd, given mittfh's twitfest earlier!

Ho hum.

Anyway, all I said 'apart' from what I assume was the offending bit, was that...

I still don't get what Twitter is for. But it is the reason I am now a script consultant on the Archers, including a current story line!

;o)

• 26. At 4:28pm on 12 Nov 2009, Lord Nathan wrote:

Capricious? The Mods? Do tell.

• 27. At 4:36pm on 12 Nov 2009, mittfh wrote:

Let's see if I can get away with mentioning a certain tweeter that goes by the alias of @Fiona_WordsBird ...

And if you are a tweeter and you've got the hang of Lists, you'll find I've got a fairly comprehensive list of tweeting froggers...

• 28. At 6:00pm on 12 Nov 2009, The Stainless Steel Cat wrote:

ValP (12):

What I said was:

Yes, I started tweeting because Eddie said he did... then he stopped and so did I for about a year. Now I tweet all the time.

Then I offered in reply to Stewart M's (6) a past tense of the act to tweet, which was most offensively comprised of the word aught with the "t" and "w" from twit added to the start.

I thought that was a whimsical, old fashioned kind of word, but it was clearly not for the eyes of delicate Froggers.

• 29. At 6:26pm on 12 Nov 2009, Lady_Sue wrote:

This twitter thing has completely passed me by. I simply don't understand (apart from being limited in characters) what it is all about.

No, no - please! Thanks anyway but I suspect it is something I might happily live without.

• 30. At 6:56pm on 12 Nov 2009, Sid wrote:

I twaught I taw a puddy cat a cweeping up on me ...

• 31. At 9:19pm on 12 Nov 2009, Stewart_M wrote:

Cat, you are braver than me. The Anglo Saxon word that start TW is one of those words thAT will never be allowed.

• 32. At 00:31am on 13 Nov 2009, annasee wrote:

I don't "get" twitter either. Although don't some lazy print journalists (this is according to Private Eye, I think)use it to find out stuff they would otherwise have to research for themselves?(presumably by looking it up on wiki.) I'm glad R4 haven't descended to those levels. Just imagine if they asked the listeners if they knew anything about a story they wanted to run. Personal experience even. Surely that would just be interactivity gone mad...

• 33. At 10:21am on 13 Nov 2009, Fifi wrote:

I see my original post has been reinstated.

* The words bird has landed! *

Sanity restored. Till the next time. ;o)

• 34. At 7:26pm on 13 Nov 2009, ValeryP wrote:

*shakes head in disbelief at whether the mods know their posteriors from their elbows*