Larry King tells a funny story. You'll need 10 minutes for this.

Eddie Mair | 06:47 UK time, Monday, 20 July 2009

Comments

• 1. At 08:30am on 20 Jul 2009, Big Sister wrote:

Yes, a very funny story indeed - but ..... Jeans and suspenders?* And then, to cap it all, a shirt and tie? A serious fashion challenge!

*or, to we Brits, braces. Thinking about suspenders and pants made me laugh out loud just now!

• 2. At 09:10am on 20 Jul 2009, steelpulse wrote:

10 minutes - OK but "I was sold a pup" as Winston Churchill said about his war time bomb shelter.

It was the additional 24 seconds, Eddie.

My time is precious. Only 10 feet down Winston heard - bomb shelter - and lost it.

I myself had thought of staying indoors but heard via advice to pregnant women and the swine flu business - staying in and you run the risk of "rickets"? Wow I thought. Add a C to that and we have a result today at Lords - hopefully. Broken bat(ty) still available.

I had better move about a bit but "behave" now?

That is going to happen!

Giant steps are what you take - walking on the moon - I hope my legs don't break - walking on the moon.

Now hat was the name of that beat combo again? That Sting operation? lol

Subject: I have been sold a pup
    Anagram: Paul behave - spied on

• 3. At 09:57am on 20 Jul 2009, funnyJoedunn wrote:

Eddie,

Nice one...

Big Sis, I remember when I was at school wearing jeans and braces along with Doc martins for a while.

He recognised he was old too...but he sounded more interesting than many half his age. You oldies need to get out your pants and suspenders much more.

• 4. At 10:36am on 20 Jul 2009, David_McNickle wrote:

fJd 3, Braces/suspenders, eh? Doc Martin is a TV series. I think you mean Doc Marten.

• 5. At 10:45am on 20 Jul 2009, funnyJoedunn wrote:

Big sis,

I hope I haven't eternally offended you...I was only joking.

• 6. At 10:51am on 20 Jul 2009, U14056677 wrote:

Its a peace o' coyke.

They shoudda got Moppo to give da prize

• 7. At 1:27pm on 20 Jul 2009, Big Sister wrote:

Joe: I'm not of the age to be offended - just, like us all, heading that way. And I suspect my husband might agree with the gist of your comment ;o)

• 8. At 11:23am on 24 Aug 2009, shellie456 wrote:

why can't i see the video? it says it'sa private video and it doesn't come up...