What's the lovely Lissa up to...

Eddie Mair | 10:05 UK time, Friday, 19 September 2008

the former Blogmistress extraordinaire?

WELL...you didn't hear this from me...but for two weeks she will be reading the news HERE ....you'll find her at 3 minutes past the hour from 10.00 on Monday.

lissa.jpg
Here's Lissa at the interview for the job, with the station's head of programmes*

*that was a joke. The photo is of Lissa and her husband.

Comments

• 1. At 10:21am on 19 Sep 2008, Stewart_M wrote:

They both look very happy. Will it not be reading the news till 3 minutes past the hour?

• 2. At 10:36am on 19 Sep 2008, eddiemair wrote:

No, it's reading the news AT three minutes past the hour. Honest.

• 3. At 10:45am on 19 Sep 2008, Joe_Palooka wrote:

Lisssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    You is back!!!
    We've missed ya!
    Good luck with reading the news AT three minutes past the hour. At least you won't crash the bongs like you know who. ;0)

• 4. At 10:46am on 19 Sep 2008, Big Sister wrote:

Great stuff, Lissa! Will Mr. Knibbs be there to assist?

• 5. At 10:58am on 19 Sep 2008, Fearless Fred wrote:

Hey Lissa! Good to see you back here (not that Marc isn't doing a bad job, of course).

• 6. At 10:59am on 19 Sep 2008, Big Sister wrote:

Fred: I'm not sure if Mr. Settle is still with us - Perhaps Eddie will reply?

• 7. At 11:37am on 19 Sep 2008, jonnie wrote:

We will have to listen Stewart. They 'may' take the national news feed from IRN on the hour and then Lissa does the local news.

It's nice to see a commercial radio station that ist't owned by Gcap.

• 8. At 11:50am on 19 Sep 2008, jonnie wrote:

Alas High Peak isn't peaking at all on their streaming service.

I've sent them an email

• 9. At 11:55am on 19 Sep 2008, Stewart_M wrote:

Good point Jonnie, It could be that Derbyshire is back on local time. But I don't think its latitude west is enough for three minutes from GMT. Anyone care to work it out?

Mind she won't crash the pips if she waits till Three minutes past. ;-)

• 10. At 2:13pm on 19 Sep 2008, mittfh wrote:

As Jonnie says at 7, nice to see one of the few remaining independent commercial radio stations - with most of GCap's portfolio about to be swallowed up by Global Radio and rebranded as Heart (a big step towards ITV-ising commercial radio).

Interestingly, Power FM (Hamps) and xfm Scotland will become Galaxy, whilst four of the main Midlands stations (Beacon, BRMB, Mercia and Wyvern) will be sold off under orders from the OfT.

• 11. At 3:38pm on 19 Sep 2008, DI_Wyman wrote:

go..Lisa..go.

mittfh (10) my younger bruv learnt his broadcasting skills at BRMB, before moving to Harlech (now ITV Wales).

• 12. At 3:47pm on 19 Sep 2008, jonnie wrote:

DIY - I learnt my skills at LBC in London - before moving off to Bournemouth running a guset house ;-()

• 13. At 3:57pm on 19 Sep 2008, U10783173 wrote:

jonnie - what sort of things do you get up to in a 'guset house'?

• 14. At 4:18pm on 19 Sep 2008, annasee wrote:

T I H - don't ask. Freudian slip. "Guset house" indeed. But some of us have been there, and we KNOW...

I can't get the High Peak Radio streaming service either. Nor can I seem to find it on our radio. They're only 20 minutes down the road. Obviously it's a VERY exclusive coverage. Perhaps listeners need to be invited - gilt-edged cards, hand-written in copperplate kind of thing?

• 15. At 10:57pm on 19 Sep 2008, needsanewnickname wrote:

Ahoy, Lissa - oh, sorry, cross-frog contamination.

Great to see from you (is that the right bloggish for "to hear from you"?) and all the best.

PS: If you're on air @ 3 minutes past, does that mean you can catch the pips that escaped Humphrys?

• 16. At 10:13am on 20 Sep 2008, ValeryP wrote:

Jonnie - oh I want to run a guset house when I grow up too!

Lissa - great to hear news of you, now shall I be able to hear news from you?

Big Sis - I noticed last Sunday that Marc Settle was credited with having produced Broadcasting House, and funnily enough that put me in mind of Lissa and Blogmeisters in general, and what a fabulously springy platform they have in Eddie ;-)

• 17. At 10:36am on 20 Sep 2008, Big Sister wrote:

A fabulous springy platform, ValP? That sounds awfully like a gangplank to me, as in "A har, me hearty, time for 'ee to walk yon plank" ;o)

• 18. At 1:06pm on 20 Sep 2008, MarcusAureliusII wrote:

From the way the interview seems to be going, I'd say Lisa wants this job very badly.

• 19. At 1:08pm on 20 Sep 2008, gossipmistress wrote:

Jonnie we all had a fabulous time in your Guset House! Maybe I should update Tr*p Adv*ser!!x

• 20. At 10:40pm on 22 Sep 2008, lissacook wrote:

Hello everyone - including the person who still calls me Lisa.

Life in the Derbyshire is lovely. I am saved from news reading embarrassment by the lack of listen-again on High Peak Radio.

It's a lovely independent station - almost as lovely as PM but not quite as many people. They do have a dishwasher though.

More stories about rescued sheep and trapped horses than on PM but otherwise remarkably similar.

Mr Knibbs also says hello.

love from Lissa with an s, ex mistress of the blog

PS when did the blog become Fort Knox? Nightmare to sign in.