Food. And more...

Eddie Mair | 12:31 UK time, Tuesday, 9 September 2008

...here are more of the food pictures we've been sent by listeners.

Addy Osborne doesn't do things by half. Here is "My dinner in my lorry":

dinners.JPG

Peter Kemish sends this: "Vegan meal: Broccolli,roast vegetables,bean burger and tomato and onion sauce. Enjoy".

dinnert.JPG

Addy sends "Another lorry dinner!":
dinneru.JPG

"Was just putting this on a plate when Eddie said, 'and if you're just about to have your tea...' Omelette and a rather nice salad with a mustard dressing, since you ask! Jo"
dinnerv.jpg

dinnerw.JPG
"Home-made curry with brown basmati rice, peas and mango chutney... and very nice it was, too! Dianne Simcock"

Catherine Thornton sends us dinnerx.JPG "Rory eating his prawn stir fry, 5.30 pm Thursday 4th Sept."

It's Addy!
dinnery.JPG

And look - we have listeners who WRITE cookbooks!
dinnerz.JPG "We are writing a cookbook and had photographed this for our own records about 5 mins before you mentioned it on the radio. It's stir fried Scallops and Pak Choi. Just eaten it - very nice!
We don't always eat such smart food - could be back to baked beans tomorrow...Sue and Andy Beveridge" With a name like that you should do a drinks guide! (laughs uncontrollably, wipes eyes, calms down).

And finally for now, our first two-photo meal.
"My children and I are about to have meatballs and pesto mash (from October's BBC Good Food !) and fresh fruit for pudding. The dog's just having his lamb & rice kibble, so not worth a photo. Take care, Alison Dewhirst, Abernethy, Perthshire."
dinneraa.JPG

dinnerbb.JPG

Comments

• 1. At 1:35pm on 09 Sep 2008, jonnie wrote:

Addies a lady!

I thought huge biceps were a prerequisite.

• 2. At 1:41pm on 09 Sep 2008, Thunderbird wrote:

I'll be jolly glad when you are bored of this subject

• 3. At 1:45pm on 09 Sep 2008, vainly_here wrote:

(2) TB - I was never interested in biceps.

• 4. At 1:54pm on 09 Sep 2008, Thunderbird wrote:

no, no VH, you misunderstand what I was saying

My point was to the PM team on the whole food thing

• 5. At 3:54pm on 09 Sep 2008, vainly_here wrote:

(4) TB - I think some of the dishes pictured here would not qualify as wholefoods. I hadn't realised that was an area on which the PM team was particularly concentrating.

• 6. At 3:58pm on 09 Sep 2008, mittfh wrote:

My two photos have been submitted but are evidently still in the queue.

The last part of Alison's email could spark off a whole new round - what our pets tuck into (I'm sure some listeners are organised enough to cook for their pets, as opposed to emptying a tin/pouch, or decanting a cup of dry mix into their bowl)...

• 7. At 4:02pm on 09 Sep 2008, vainly_here wrote:

(6) Mittfh - I am extremely glad that Missy only eats dry food of brand H. It saves a great deal of washing-up, not to mention time-consuming decisions at the pet food shop.

• 8. At 4:09pm on 09 Sep 2008, mittfh wrote:

Bessie (Mum's yellow lab) is easy to please - almost any brand of varied dry mix (i.e. the sort with multi-coloured kibbles - she doesn't like the mono-coloured varieties, or the ones with what appear to be cornflakes). Plus the occasional potato, and possibly a raw carrot for pudding (she really enjoys carrots, and they're much healthier than dog biscuits).

And of course, being a labrador, any opportunity to snack on walks she will grab - taking her out just after school closing time is fatal, as there will be a ready supply of dropped sandwiches / crisps / chocolate bars for her to find and consume!

• 9. At 4:31pm on 09 Sep 2008, Ed Iglehart wrote:

Fancy a burger?

;-)
    ed

• 10. At 5:01pm on 09 Sep 2008, AllotmentJo wrote:

Well our Bulldog (Sam) is having what's left of the Sunday roast (pork). He knows it's in the fridge and starts drooling every time I open the door. He's also got some cold potatoes, cabbage and carrots left over from last night, which he will deftly avoid until all the meat has gone. I'm having a jacket spud!

• 11. At 5:09pm on 09 Sep 2008, David_McNickle wrote:

mittfh 6, As are mine.

• 12. At 5:51pm on 09 Sep 2008, AllotmentJo wrote:

Update - Sam the bulldog has eaten ALL of his dinner and is now eyeing up my spud! I'm going to have to kick him out into the garden as he is going into scrounge mode.

• 13. At 6:04pm on 09 Sep 2008, ValeryP wrote:

mittfh - are you sure your Mum hasn't kidnapped my dog? or perhaps they are related (the dogs). He has exactly the same views on dried food, fine if it is multicoloured, and a definite no-no to the cornflake bearing ones.

Mind you he's very keen if there's home-made soup on the go. Or bacon.

Me too.

Venison sausages tonight, with perhaps a photo to follow?

• 14. At 6:23pm on 09 Sep 2008, DI_Wyman wrote:

WOW......there is more to food and life than a Chinese take-away!

DiY, just off out for a Chinese take-away