« Previous | Main | Next »

Happy picture

Eddie Mair | 15:39 UK time, Tuesday, 26 June 2007

on the day our esteemed colleague Sarah tied the knot the other week. Ahhhh.

sarahc.jpg

Comments

  1. At 03:42 PM on 26 Jun 2007, Frances O wrote:

    Far more interesting than Paris Metro. Congratulations, colleague Sarah!

  2. At 03:43 PM on 26 Jun 2007, Big Sister wrote:

    I hope the weather didn't spoil her day.

    By the way, has Carolyn dried out yet from Glastonbury? She managed to sound pretty perky on Sunday's Westminster Hour.

  3. At 03:45 PM on 26 Jun 2007, witchiwoman wrote:

    Congrats - lovely rings. Theres champgane on teh beach for ValP's birthday, there may be enough for a toast!

  4. At 04:13 PM on 26 Jun 2007, abby wrote:

    is there any way i can get a copy of the dessert island disks featuring Grayson Perry?
    because i'm doing a project on him at school and it would be really good to hear it.

  5. At 07:41 PM on 26 Jun 2007, Charlie wrote:

    Mmmm... the engagement ring would appear to comprise a 0.75 carat square-cut brilliant white diamond.

    Highly marketable.

    Where did you say Sarah lived..?

  6. At 07:50 PM on 26 Jun 2007, DI Wyman wrote:

    oh well..another good bloke down then.!!


    ..still congrats to all parties...me and Mrs DIY have just celebrated 30 years of bliss......well she did anyway!!

  7. At 08:28 PM on 26 Jun 2007, Perky wrote:

    Big Sis (2) I'm flattered that Sequin elected to sound like me when she was broadcasting from muddy Glasto - although how could you tell?? ;)

  8. At 08:39 PM on 26 Jun 2007, tony ferney wrote:

    Speaking of the unspeakable weather the French have a saying:"Mariage pluvieux, mariage heureux". So here's to you, Sarah - for better for worse, in sunshine and in rain.

  9. At 08:40 PM on 26 Jun 2007, Anne P. wrote:

    Abby,
    Why don't you write to Grayson Perry and ask him. I don't think the BBC keep Desert Island Discs on the Listen Again but you can read about his choices here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/desertislanddiscs_20070218.shtml
    You could contact the audience line to ask if they will forward a letter if you sent in care of the BBC, or you might be able to contact him via one of the galleries where he exhibits. Just put his name into a search engine to find them. Hope that helps. Good luck with the project.

  10. At 09:09 PM on 26 Jun 2007, RJD wrote:

    Anne P - Thank you for replying to that query. I wanted to but didn't know how to help.

    You have also helped me, because I missed Christy Moore when he was on the week before last and now you have shown me where to find his choices.

    Is there a reason why it is not on Listen Again? Copyright? Royalties?

  11. At 10:39 PM on 26 Jun 2007, Electric Dragon wrote:

    RJD,

    I believe it was because the BBC couldn't agree permission to put it on Listen Again with Roy Plomley's estate.

    Mind you, I wish more programmes would be available as podcast/MP3 download. I can understand that say ISIHAC want to preserve sales of tapes and so on (but they could do that with bonuses and extended editions), but if the Now Show can be podcast, why can't the News Quiz?

    <rant>
    We the public have paid for the BBC, therefore the BBC, where it puts its content online, should endeavour to make it available in platform neutral formats ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6236612.stm ) rather than forcing us to be beholden to the Great Beast of Redmond (or even the lesser RealBeast).
    </rant>

  12. At 08:11 PM on 27 Jun 2007, Gillian wrote:

    Grrrrrrrr....why are so many photos not appearing on my screen? Not all of them...just some, including this one ;o(

  13. At 10:50 PM on 27 Jun 2007, Gossipmistress wrote:

    Was the BBC dentist still examining you when you posted this one? ('Open wide Mr Mair' 'Ahhhhhhhhh!')

This post is closed to new comments.

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.